The official drunk thread

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
Dude I get that I've been doing radio since I was 18 years old is a really funny way to make fun of Opie

But how the fuck have we not been making fun of Jim this whole time for sitting there talking about I've been sober since I was 18 years old?

Plus he thinks that alcoholics anonymous means you're not allowed to talk about the group like it's fight club. What a FAGGOT. Everyday I regret not knocking him out when I had the chance.
We have been making fun of him for it forever. You can’t even make a drug/alcohol comment without someone bringing Norton into it. Nice anxiety attacks, stupid.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Full blown alcoholics are weaklings. Takes just as much willpower to stop eating bacon egg and cheese on a roll, but mental midgets use “addiction” as an excuse to continue being a fuck up.

Sure, people can reach a point where they develop a physical dependence to it, but in order to get that far you have to blow so many chances to get your shit together.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Yeah I have a problem with alcohol as well but it's different than most people. Like I drink my ass off but I only do it two or three times a month. But those two or three times I go super hard. Like blackout, piss my pants, get into fights, get thrown in the drunk tank type hard.
I get shitfaced like twice a week a lot of the time but I think it's out of boredom mostly. There are times when I'll be really busy and go the better part of a month without drinking and it doesn't bother me so I don't require it to function or anything. If I had to quit forever I'd miss it though. It's just not a problem for me. I'm past all the rowdy shit and waking up with that shitty feeling of not knowing what you did or said to people the night before. A lot of the time I can be extremely hammered and nobody knows.

G

I never touch the Devil's nectar.
140725-grove-norton-tease_bzmgu7.jpeg

G

Full blown alcoholics are weaklings. Takes just as much willpower to stop eating bacon egg and cheese on a roll, but mental midgets use “addiction” as an excuse to continue being a fuck up.

Sure, people can reach a point where they develop a physical dependence to it, but in order to get that far you have to blow so many chances to get your shit together.
Careful young buck. Every friend of mine that's had a hidden addiction says the same thing.

I think it comes from a place of insecurity regarding their shameful secret or fear of knowing that they're vulnerable to addiction.

You're young and you have a "Job" that demands structure and discipline, so you feel safe, but things that you've mentioned before tell me that you're a prime candidate to be a future alcoholic if you don't at least acknowledge that it's a possibility.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Careful young buck. Every friend of mine that's had a hidden addiction says the same thing.

I think it comes from a place of insecurity regarding their shameful secret or fear of knowing that they're vulnerable to addiction.

You're young and you have a "Job" that demands structure and discipline, so you feel safe, but things that you've mentioned before tell me that you're a prime candidate to be a future alcoholic if you don't at least acknowledge that it's a possibility.
Not saying Im above addiction entirely, just roasting alcoholics

I recently gave up but with one cheat day a week.

The trouble is, drinking now doesn't even give me a buzz. I feel a bit dopey for an hour and then I wake up with memory loss and a hangover.

It was a very pleasant surprise to learn that I'm not actually an alcoholic and I can easily go 6 days a week without drinking. But, I was hoping that abstinence would help bring some of the old magic back.

Maybe I need to completely give up for a whole month like they do on those boring episodes of podcasts. :unsure:

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
I recently gave up but with one cheat day a week.

The trouble is, drinking now doesn't even give me a buzz. I feel a bit dopey for an hour and then I wake up with memory loss and a hangover.

It was a very pleasant surprise to learn that I'm not actually an alcoholic and I can easily go 6 days a week without drinking. But, I was hoping that abstinence would help bring some of the old magic back.

Maybe I need to completely give up for a whole month like they do on those boring episodes of podcasts. :unsure:
I was in a similar boat. I’d drink on Friday/Saturday night depending but my tolerance is still so high I’d drink way too much before getting “drunk”. I’d end up just wasting an evening pretty much. From what I understand alcohol tolerance takes a long time to go away so even drinking once a week can slow that process. Haven’t had a drink in a couple of weeks, we’ll see on tuesday if my tolerance has shifted since I have a business dinner to go to.