The new South Park special fucking sucks

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
People who are saying South Park wasn’t always current events, or political, have an odd memory. Maybe it wasn’t as shoehorned in, but it’s always been like that. The second episode is about gay marriage. They ripped on Waco, rainforest hippies, all sorts of shit. There were more just silly episodes, but there was always politics involved. They just got lazier and it was easier to write about current events because it’s fresh. S16 is where they started to jump the shark. Which is still a pretty good run.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
People who are saying South Park wasn’t always current events, or political, have an odd memory. Maybe it wasn’t as shoehorned in, but it’s always been like that. The second episode is about gay marriage. They ripped on Waco, rainforest hippies, all sorts of shit. There were more just silly episodes, but there was always politics involved. They just got lazier and it was easier to write about current events because it’s fresh. S16 is where they started to jump the shark. Which is still a pretty good run.
It def has a great run but it’s just lazy now. Had a longer run of quality than the Simpsons. I think putting Stan’s dad as a big part of almost every episode ruined it. After a while you could see the jokes coming a mile away involving him. It was like he took over the usual Cartman type stories.

G

I miss when South Park didn't try to be topical and just was funny. They got lost.
I didn't mind when they used to do topical shit, but made it funny without their fucking agendas. I remember being in high school (late twenties why?) and laughing my ass off at the Jonas Bros/Disney episode. I guess pop culture topical is a little different than politcally topical, though.

I think the show jumped the shark once they made Stan’s dad such a big part of the show. The show was popular in the first place because the kids were “outrageous” now it’s the adults are crazy and the kids know best to push an opinion or a current issue.
There's plenty of good Randy episodes (Creme Freche, the KFC/nut cancer one, the Broadway one), it worked when they did one or two a season as a change of pace. But I do agree, they shoehorn him into every fucking episode to basically be their outlet for their gay opinions. The DUDE WEED LMAO shit is retarded.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I didn't mind when they used to do topical shit, but made it funny without their fucking agendas. I remember being in high school (late twenties why?) and laughing my ass off at the Jonas Bros/Disney episode. I guess pop culture topical is a little different than politcally topical, though.

There's plenty of good Randy episodes (Creme Freche, the KFC/nut cancer one, the Broadway one), it worked when they did one or two a season as a change of pace. But I do agree, they shoehorn him into every fucking episode to basically be their outlet for their gay opinions. The DUDE WEED LMAO shit is retarded.
Yeah Randy has had some good ones (Nigger guy, etc) but it feels like every episode now is “uh-oh, Randy’s doing something stupid again!” which got old. Especially when he’s used to mock whatever is in the news instead of coming up with something clever for another character it’s just have it relate to Randy and how he’s stupid.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
I think putting Stan’s dad as a big part of almost every episode ruined it.

giphy.gif

They've made him Homer.

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
It def has a great run but it’s just lazy now. Had a longer run of quality than the Simpsons. I think putting Stan’s dad as a big part of almost every episode ruined it. After a while you could see the jokes coming a mile away involving him. It was like he took over the usual Cartman type stories.
So to get into the randy stuff, randy was always Treys dad. Stan and Kyle are Trey and Matt and their respective families. Trey said in an interview awhile ago that, he relates more to randy now. Which is why there’s more episodes involving him. The Randy episodes were always the best because it’s just everyone’s dumb dad. Haven’t watched the show consistently in years, they’ve definitely gotten gayer. That’s his reasoning for it though.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
The biggest blow to the quality of South Park was when they had to kill off Chef because Isaac Hayes chose Scientology. Chef was the one adult who was sort of normal and could mentor the kids and help them on their adventures. Randy was featured more and more after that. Hayes died, so The Randy Show was inevitable, but could have been delayed a few years.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
It was never as wrapped up in them as it is now though

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
It was never as wrapped up in them as it is now though
If I remember right, maybe the first 5 seasons. After that it gets pretty heavy. It was just very libertarian. They were definitely funny first though. Then S16ish it goes downhill and I think what honestly happened was Trey got too old and is trying to keep South Park relevant. Even though he doesn’t get modern politics. The trump shit is really where South Park started with main stream takes. The few episodes I’ve seen recently seem less political, but you can tell they’re just doing what they need to be relevant and main stream. It’s sad but, understandable. They did a lot for free speech, they earned a right to be faggy in their old years if you ask me.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
So to get into the randy stuff, randy was always Treys dad. Stan and Kyle are Trey and Matt and their respective families. Trey said in an interview awhile ago that, he relates more to randy now. Which is why there’s more episodes involving him. The Randy episodes were always the best because it’s just everyone’s dumb dad. Haven’t watched the show consistently in years, they’ve definitely gotten gayer. That’s his reasoning for it though.
Yeah I’m not saying the older Randy episodes weren’t great, it’s just the past couple seasons he’s been a major part of almost every episode instead of other characters. Now it’s like whatever is in the news or current let’s find a way to have it focus on Randy. It’s the Randy show with brief appearances from the 4 kids which are supposed to be the stars.

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
Yeah I’m not saying the older Randy episodes weren’t great, it’s just the past couple seasons he’s been a major part of almost every episode instead of other characters. Now it’s like whatever is in the news or current let’s find a way to have it focus on Randy. It’s the Randy show with brief appearances from the 4 kids which are supposed to be the stars.
Yeah, like I pointed out, Trey relates to Randy more now. So it’s easier for him to write like that. He doesn’t want to make Stan a character that has old person takes. Which I think is why the show has shit the bed. He used to just write what he thought about things and what he thought was funny. As Stan and the boys. Now he has to write as Randy since he’s old and doesn’t really get what younger people think, while trying to write story lines for them. As an example, The zip lining episode was based off Matt and Trey going zip lining. They thought it was fucking gay so they ripped on it. Now they’re older and don’t really do shit, so how do they write about that? I’m over explaining like a faggot, that’s just what I think.

Will Tate

Oven March
WWAW the South Park video games? The Fractured But Whole and Stick of Truth play pretty good.
Only bad thing I can say about Stick of Truth is it was so goddamn short, one could probably get through the whole thing in on 6-8 hour sitting. I loved it when you go to Canada and everything is shitty top-down 8-bit graphics.

I liked Stick of Truth a lot. Couldn't really get into FBW.
What was it about FBW that turned you off?

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
Only bad thing I can say about Stick of Truth is it was so goddamn short, one could probably get through the whole thing in on 6-8 hour sitting. I loved it when you go to Canada and everything is shitty top-down 8-bit graphics.

What was it about FBW that turned you off?
I think it was the show itself had gotten bad, but I remember there just being so many items and it being more open in terms of the order you can do things. I think a game like that needs to be more linear. But yeah, all these useless items in my inventory. It also didn't seem to be as funny in the beginning.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
It was always current events and pop culture. But it was about stuff that the writers were familiar with like 80s shows or Terminator or Silence of the Lambs or whatever. At some point the writers started doing episodes about memes and 2010s shows and movies that they were not even watching just to stay 'culturally relevant'. They even got caught stealing an entire episode concept about a parody of Inception from CollegeHumor and their defense was "we never actually saw Inception.....we just knew we wanted to parody it because it was popular, so we watched someone else's parody to get some ideas".

And the pop culture stuff was always secondary to them telling a story with the kids involved. You get did not have to get the pop culture references to enjoy the show. The older episodes are funny on their own. The newest ones even if you get all of the jokes and references are still pure trash.

South Park now basically takes a pop culture event or big streaming show or movie. Weaves in some liberal ideology or something from their (((personal lives))) like weed addiction or divorce. And lazily throws the fourth grade kids into it. They have become the manatee joke that they made about Family Guy. "Remember that time I gave a salmon hat to Manbearpig!!". "Remember that time I went to China with Disney and got Covid at a wet market!!". The pop culture references now are the entire show. There is no more story. It is just hey everyone "people who refuse vaccines are mentally ill" and beating a dead horse about NFTs or Disney or whatever is popular the moment.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
The biggest blow to the quality of South Park was when they had to kill off Chef because Isaac Hayes chose Scientology. Chef was the one adult who was sort of normal and could mentor the kids and help them on their adventures. Randy was featured more and more after that. Hayes died, so The Randy Show was inevitable, but could have been delayed a few years.
They told Isaac Hayes that they were doing to do an episode that accused Tom Cruise of being gay and mocking scientology. He left the show immediately and resigned. Then he wrote multiple letters talking about how the South Park writers were hypocrites and only mocked things that they were comfortable with but loved mocking others especially other religions. And that the show refused to mock issues that Matt and Trey were sensitive to. The episode was pulled from tons of countries because the episode had no humor in it at all and was literally just South Park calling Tom Cruise gay and ripping on scientologists for being retarded but not even in a clever way. Comedy Central reportedly did not want to air the episode ever because they felt it was not funny and was a personal attack on Tom Cruise that went nowhere. It was years before the episode was re-aired on Comedy Central.

A few months later Isaac Hayes would have a stroke and would basically never work again. Matt and Trey immediately began writing letters and speaking in public saying that "Isaac Hayes never resigned from South Park" and that he "loved their humor" and did not mind the Trapped in the Closet episode. Because they knew he could not respond due to his stroke and impending death. This caused some scientologists to release some more statement from Hayes saying he did resign on his own. Eventually they would do the Return of Chef episode and bring back the character in one of the videogames. But it was very clear that Isaac Hayes had called them hypocrites and that they took it extremely personally.

Ironically Matt and Trey refuse to mock or show Muhammed anymore and totally bent over for muslim savages. No more muslim jokes for South Park. Despite islam being one of the worst religions that ever existed and arabs being grotesque monsters. Yet most scientologists are about as harmless as Star Trek fans and Tom Cruise is just a moron actor who does not inspire fanatical terrorists. And the South Park writers acted like they were these amazing freedom fighters going after easy targets like scientology or the Catholic Church. But pissed themselves instead of mocking muslims.

Cmonjews.jpg

G

Evidence being the episode where Randy becomes the new cafeteria chef and even says "hello there children!"

Which was funny, but vurry symbolic.