The new 30 person office they're opening in 3 months will have 16 cameras over our desks

Dougie's Hapa Daughter

Look Daddy! I'm on TV!
That seems weird and dumb when they could accomplish the same with software and you’d be none the wiser and not feel violated. My workplace has a fucktonne of cameras all with audio recording too, except where I work which deliberately has none.
They already do all of that (not that they publicly make it known). These cameras are giving them angles to see if you're looking a phone or using a personal laptop out of view of the webcam, I guess.

The cameras are going to be somewhat subtle, I only know because I'm friends with the guy who's going to be installing them.

You have a union? Start some shit.
Get out of here with your Aussie nonsense. Unions are for tradies, overpaid bug-dwellers (and occasional bug-fuckers) like myself don't get that luxury. Everyone earns too much to risk it, so instead we accept the insanity.

If I were paying people six figures I'd be making sure they're always working.
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Unless they're all sales reps they're most likely overpaid.
These people directly generate far more money that 99% of salemen, especially when you have creepy ginger fucks like Dan gladhanding some useless shovelware to overweight business women.