The latest Block by Block with Colin Quinn

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
They should head on over to Harlem wearing Nana t-shirts and see if they don't get killed.
Early 90s Bruce Willis head already did it.

IMG_0789.jpeg

This is pretty disappointing to me. Probably my least favorite thing about CQ is his obsession with New York. The vast majority of people who don’t live there frankly don’t give a care about it.
New York does sniff it's own farts unlike anywhere else on earth doesn't it. "This is the Spanish district over there is the Irish" doesn't impress much when Spain and Ireland are a short flight away.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

You ever feed a rabbit meat?
New York does sniff it's own farts unlike anywhere else on earth doesn't it. "This is the Spanish district over there is the Irish" doesn't impress much when Spain and Ireland are a short flight away.
I went to school with a girl named Siobahn who had dual citizenship and was actually born in Ireland and it never got brought up. Her mother is hardcore Irish and plays some little hand drum in a traditional Irish folk band yet the bitch never cared to throw it in everyone's faces that she's Irish and considered herself Canadian because that's where she lives. Spoke like a Canadian. Did Canadian things.

The whole "I'm Irish" thing is annoying. Really? You don't seem Irish, you seem American. Are you from Ireland? No? Are your parents from Ireland? No? Are your grandparents from Ireland? One of them? You're American. Shut the fuck up.

I went to school with a girl named Siobahn who had dual citizenship and was actually born in Ireland and it never got brought up. Her mother is hardcore Irish and plays some little hand drum in a traditional Irish folk band yet the bitch never cared to throw it in everyone's faces that she's Irish and considered herself Canadian because that's where she lives. Spoke like a Canadian. Did Canadian things.

The whole "I'm Irish" thing is annoying. Really? You don't seem Irish, you seem American. Are you from Ireland? No? Are your parents from Ireland? No? Are your grandparents from Ireland? One of them? You're American. Shut the fuck up.
My grandma was born in England to Italian parents she can speak a bit and is in touch with various family in Italy. She's English and we don't go around as a family calling ourselves Italians because that would be fucking mental

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
My grandma was born in England to Italian parents she can speak a bit and is in touch with various family in Italy. She's English and we don't go around as a family calling ourselves Italians because that would be fucking mental
I agree with you all, but that's a shitty example. Of course you don't, because you're a British guy who is only 1/4 Italian living in Britain.

For people in places like the North End of Boston, Howard Beach, Bensonhurst NY, South Philly in the 1970s....and everyone in your community has parents or grandparents from Italy... you can't see how that might form a large part of your identity?

Now, I agree, it's pretty ridiculous as far as Irish/Italian in the USA in the year 2023, but I get why it was a big deal for my grandparent's generation, and parents to a lesser degree

Last edited:
I agree with you all, but that's a shitty example. Of course you don't, because you're a British guy who is only 1/4 Italian living in Britain.

For people in places like the North End of Boston, Howard Beach, Bensonhurst NY, South Philly in the 1970s....and everyone in your community has parents or grandparents from Italy... you can't see how that might form a large part of your identity?

Now, I agree, it's pretty ridiculous as far as Irish/Italian in the USA in the year 2023, but I get why it was a big deal for my grandparent's generation, and parents to a lesser degree
My grandma grew up around an small Italian community with not just her parents being Italian. My great grandmother died when I was about 13 but she kept her Italian accent and ways until her dying day. My grandma was supporting England in the final Vs Italy for example. This is my grandparents generation we are talking about and other than being a Catholic and having a year round tan there's no clues!

Peckas

Helping those 8 to 80
The Spanish district in New York speak is actually Mexicans and Central Americans like Norton would call Puerto Ricans Spanish even though without looking I would think they’re mostly mestizo

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!

This sounds like a soft defense of Joe Matarese.