The Homeless Charlie Incident

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
I’ve been relistening to this audio because it’s fucking hilarious. Homeless Charlie is a kook and one of those crazy guys that can effortlessly produce humor. However my commentary today is more on the boys having to apologize. Whenever someone talks about culture today being more sensitive, I think about this incident. Sure. Today you can’t say fag or nigger or retard in public without even racist people looking at you crosseyed. But look at the last 8 years of politics and how ugly the humor is. Every liberal comedian ragged on Trump from his politics to his tiny dick size to his family. Everyone makes fun of fucked up Hunter Biden and his crack smoking escapades. Celebrities have formed entire careers around this shit. But somehow, having a literal fucking crazy person claim that he would rape Condoleezza Rice and W.’s wife - to death. Was too much for the time. If he just said he would rape them with no joke MAYBE I could understand the outrage. But to death? The absurdity of it makes it funny. A homeless man wouldn’t even have a chance to see these people let alone fuck them to death.

And you see the news reporting on it. “WELL NEWWW CONTROVERSY BREWING IN THE RADIO WORLD WHEN SHOCK JOCK RADIO HOSTS OPIE AND ANTHONY AIRED A BIT WHERE A HOMELESS MAN THREATENED TO RAPE THE SECRETARY OF STATE!” Who gives a fuck? If you listen to their apology on air it legitimately sounds like there’s secret service in studio holding the boys at gunpoint. They don’t even do the apology in a “Fuck this” or “This is fake” way. They knew they fucked with the glowniggers. And look at what happened when Patrice went on that faggot show to defend O&A. The host of the show had to ISSUE AN APOLOGY for simply having someone on to defend them. I don’t know what i’m getting at other than it is fucking hilarious to think about the midwestern rubes of the 2000’s who would be genuinely shocked at a joke about raping the Presidents wife. Being told by a homeless nut.

G

I’ve been relistening to this audio because it’s fucking hilarious. Homeless Charlie is a kook and one of those crazy guys that can effortlessly produce humor. However my commentary today is more on the boys having to apologize. Whenever someone talks about culture today being more sensitive, I think about this incident. Sure. Today you can’t say fag or nigger or retard in public without even racist people looking at you crosseyed. But look at the last 8 years of politics and how ugly the humor is. Every liberal comedian ragged on Trump from his politics to his tiny dick size to his family. Everyone makes fun of fucked up Hunter Biden and his crack smoking escapades. Celebrities have formed entire careers around this shit. But somehow, having a literal fucking crazy person claim that he would rape Condoleezza Rice and W.’s wife - to death. Was too much for the time. If he just said he would rape them with no joke MAYBE I could understand the outrage. But to death? The absurdity of it makes it funny. A homeless man wouldn’t even have a chance to see these people let alone fuck them to death.

And you see the news reporting on it. “WELL NEWWW CONTROVERSY BREWING IN THE RADIO WORLD WHEN SHOCK JOCK RADIO HOSTS OPIE AND ANTHONY AIRED A BIT WHERE A HOMELESS MAN THREATENED TO RAPE THE SECRETARY OF STATE!” Who gives a fuck? If you listen to their apology on air it legitimately sounds like there’s secret service in studio holding the boys at gunpoint. They don’t even do the apology in a “Fuck this” or “This is fake” way. They knew they fucked with the glowniggers. And look at what happened when Patrice went on that faggot show to defend O&A. The host of the show had to ISSUE AN APOLOGY for simply having someone on to defend them. I don’t know what i’m getting at other than it is fucking hilarious to think about the midwestern rubes of the 2000’s who would be genuinely shocked at a joke about raping the Presidents wife. Being told by a homeless nut.
Yeah I tend to agree with you on pretty much every one of these observations. Although, to play devils advocate (lifts and a wiiiiiiiig), when I heard it live I remember cringing and wondering why in the hell they didn’t hit the dump button.

I absolutely loved the show, so much that I would still listen to it today if these idiots were in it just for the paycheck. I’ve never once been offended by a joke made by anyone at any time on any subject.

So it wasn’t because I was offended, but my alarm bells went off as soon as I heard it because I just knew they were going to get in trouble for it. I am an idiot about radio so how did I know and they didn’t?

I’m so stupid that I never got around to my point. So anyway, yes I completely agree that it’s really funny to think about some bitch in Kansas getting uptight about something said on the show she doesn’t even listen to. Because no one listening that day would’ve been offended if they had heard the show before, I think.

My suspicion is that they pissed off somebody that they shouldn’t have pissed off.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Yeah I tend to agree with you on pretty much every one of these observations. Although, to play devils advocate (lifts and a wiiiiiiiig), when I heard it live I remember cringing and wondering why in the hell they didn’t hit the dump button.

I absolutely loved the show, so much that I would still listen to it today if these idiots were in it just for the paycheck. I’ve never once been offended by a joke made by anyone at any time on any subject.

So it wasn’t because I was offended, but my alarm bells went off as soon as I heard it because I just knew they were going to get in trouble for it. I am an idiot about radio so how did I know and they didn’t?

I’m so stupid that I never got around to my point. So anyway, yes I completely agree that it’s really funny to think about some bitch in Kansas getting uptight about something said on the show she doesn’t even listen to. Because no one listening that day would’ve been offended if they had heard the show before, I think.

My suspicion is that they pissed off somebody that they shouldn’t have pissed off.
Absolutely to your last point. I’m really not joking with the glowniggers comment. Even their apology reeks of some fed written shit. “We understand the responsibility afforded to us through the public airwaves and we understand the seriousness of this remark and we apologize.” It was so not their style. I think at that point it was out of even XM’s hands and the Gov basically told them knock that shit off.

But I also agree with your first point. It’s funny listening in retrospect and knowing they only got suspended for a month because of it, but if I heard that live I would have absolutely assumed they’d just be gone for good.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Louis CK is the only person who mentioned to their faces that it was Anthony who turned it into a rape scenario.
Louis CK also called Anthony out on his uncontrolled racism. Can’t remember the exact quote but it was something like “You’re fine now. But you plus another factor that can’t be controlled and you’ll be doing some time.”

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
I wasn’t around for Wackbag during this time. Why would that cause Ant to delete his account?
This was in the few days between the incident and the suspension. The thinking was that reporters would be sniffing around the site and that was obviously Ants account. Or that was his logic I guess.

Also should be noted that they weren't actually suspended for Homeless Charlie. They were told not to talk about it on air after it happened and they did. They were suspended for not taking it seriously enough.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
This was in the few days between the incident and the suspension. The thinking was that reporters would be sniffing around the site and that was obviously Ants account. Or that was his logic I guess.

Also should be noted that they weren't actually suspended for Homeless Charlie. They were told not to talk about it on air after it happened and they did. They were suspended for not taking it seriously enough.
What an amazing parallel between then and now between Ant. Suspended in 2007 and he deletes his account for the media. Suspended in 2014 and doubles down on his comments.
Thats some great context and puts more into perspective the “seriousness of the matter” comments they made during the apology. Usually companies are so quick to suspend I just assumed it was the comments.

SEE? YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY ON THE FAWKIN OPIE AND ANTHONY FORUMS:brothaman_sm:

DMAN

NYC Mayor
The only time I ever think of that incident is when I'm thinking about how stupid it was to get suspended for that. Just like the Don Imus thing. Absolutely ridiculous people pretending to be offended about literally nothing because it was a slow news day.

Isn't it amazing how despite the fact O&A crossed the line on a daily basis, we could ALWAYS tell in the exact moment that something was going to get them fired or suspended...

- The Menino thing felt so obvious when Boston-accented retarded boomers people kept calling in furious...
- The Teen Voyeur Bus was one I thought for sure they were getting fired because you could hear the air being sucked out of the room over the course of an hour as they found out people were getting arrested and Rudy Giuliani found out about it, plus the fact that Bill Clinton was inconvenienced by it and secret service was pissed.
- Sex for Sam 3 felt like a no brainer they were done. Ron & Fez that day felt like an O&A funeral.

Then Homeless Charlie, and Anthony getting fired. Somehow you just knew by the way they were getting serious, despite them doing comparative stuff every day of the week.

Example: Literally nobody remembers 'Slave Girl' but that coulda been the nail in the coffin just as much as anything else. It's weird what sticks.

G

Then Homeless Charlie, and Anthony getting fired. Somehow you just knew by the way they were getting serious, despite them doing comparative stuff every day of the week.

Example: Literally nobody remembers 'Slave Girl' but that coulda been the nail in the coffin just as much as anything else. It's weird what sticks.
Holy crap, you’re right. I had completely forgotten about the slave girl bit. Can you even imagine anybody trying to get away with that now?

It’s a shame what happened to radio and entertainment in general. I didn’t even find that bit particularly funny, but it’s sad that no one could do it today.

G

Absolutely to your last point. I’m really not joking with the glowniggers comment. Even their apology reeks of some fed written shit. “We understand the responsibility afforded to us through the public airwaves and we understand the seriousness of this remark and we apologize.” It was so not their style. I think at that point it was out of even XM’s hands and the Gov basically told them knock that shit off.

But I also agree with your first point. It’s funny listening in retrospect and knowing they only got suspended for a month because of it, but if I heard that live I would have absolutely assumed they’d just be gone for good.
Yeah as soon as you said it I realized how absolutely right you are. It’s the only thing that makes sense. Oh the boys got a talking to, didn’t they?

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator

I don't think it would be a stretch to think the Secret Service may have gotten involved with a "rape threat" against the First Lady. Even if it didn't go that far I'm certain you're right that they were spoken to by someone other than XM management.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
This was the third time the FBI or Secret Service had to deal with them. First was Mayor Menino. Where the mayor's wife called the police because people were reporting to her that her husband was dead. And when the police couldn't reach her husband because he was on an airplane the FBI and others got involved because they thought that he might actually be dead and sent agents to the airport to try to find him once his plane landed. Even telling his wife "your husband might be dead".

Second was the 'voyeur bus' incident with Bill Clinton. Where they had naked women flashing people from a bus in Manhattan. Giuliani had known about the plan for the 'flash bus' and had police wait to arrest them when they did the stunt. When the police started following them they pulled into a random street that happened to be closed for Bill Clinton's visit to NYC. And they were of course all arrested and held for 24 hours by the Secret Service and NYPD.

They also had lots of politicians threaten them over the Sex for Sam III bit. And they had lawyers warn them over the whole Kathleen Turner "put your goddam clothes on" bit as well. O&A were always pushing it. I am still shocked that they never were suspended over Assault on the Media or Homeless Shopping Spree (though XM killed both bits before they got really out of hand).

DMAN

NYC Mayor
Holy crap, you’re right. I had completely forgotten about the slave girl bit. Can you even imagine anybody trying to get away with that now?

It’s a shame what happened to radio and entertainment in general. I didn’t even find that bit particularly funny, but it’s sad that no one could do it today.

ANYONE CAN DO IT! No bacon on a roll.

They just need to have a financial backer who has a vested interest in supporting it as a pet project and is independent enough to not give a shit about backlash or relationships.

Example. Anthony Cumia is a poor man's version of that. He owns a terrible broke network where "you can say whatever you want." He could absolutely do 'Slave Girl' tomorrow with Francine herself, if he wanted to. But he's not funny, so he can't do it. Anthony Cumia would not be able to carry that segment anymore.

That googly-eyed greyhound Andrew Tate has major heat with the female demographic right now, which will keep him in the news for years at least. The female demographic is willing to donate to any cause that would see him scorned in some capacity. HEAT! You have to be willing to manage hatred people have for you.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
Second was the 'voyeur bus' incident with Bill Clinton. Where they had naked women flashing people from a bus in Manhattan. Giuliani had known about the plan for the 'flash bus' and had police wait to arrest them when they did the stunt. When the police started following them they pulled into a random street that happened to be closed for Bill Clinton's visit to NYC. And they were of course all arrested and held for 24 hours by the Secret Service and NYPD.

O&A punked the NYC Mayor and the President in the same fawking day. That moment alone deserves a documenchree.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
No one in entertainment today would even want to do it. The only people left working in entertainment are jews or total faggots. Imus himself was a jew and literally spent months grovelling and apologizing like a total fruit to niggers and basically begged them to get him fired by not standing up for himself. If he were alive today he would be like Stern or South Park and be incredible lame and pathetic.

Look how lame even past O&A guys are now like Rogan or Burr. Even the Jackass crew are abysmal.

FamilyDollar

Welcome to our establishment
Since you mentioned, it I rewatched Patrice defending the homeless Charlie shit.

As much as I hate all the YouTube comments waxing poetic about what a “beautiful man” Patrice was, shit like this makes me miss him. The woman is such a fucking cunt, going into rehearsed diarrhea. Talking about how there’s this magical “shift” in society that’s not going to accept things anymore. Fucking die you cunt.

Anyway, love ya miss ya Patrice.