The guy who made things out of popsicle sticks

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
ā€Ž
ā€Ž
Relistened a few days ago and I donā€™t feel bad at all. Aside from his stupid toothpick art which is genuinely impressive, (I would tell you if it wasnā€™t dude genuinely) the guy seemed like a real fucking weirdo. He was so desperate to get on Letterman that he was willing to stay on call for them to the point of not showing a picture to a radio show - something that would not have been visual - for fear of not letting him back on. They even made him pay for his own flight out there. Then he gets invited into this studio where all the hosts tell you to your face youā€™re a fucking bore and you donā€™t leave? He had multiple attempts to not make himself look like a fool in the appearance but he was so hungry for attention he ignored it.
1.) O&A ā€œgo to breakā€ and tell them the bits been shitty and they might use 5 minutes of the hour recorded. He still comes back from ā€œthe breakā€.
2.) Ant literally steals his sculpture intending to break it. He runs out of studio and proceeds to spend like 20 minutes filling out forms and calling lawyers instead of saying Fuck this and walking out.
3.) He gets his ID back, fills out all the forms, and STILL comes back in the studio in some half hearted pathetic ā€œHey guys i know itā€™s all just jokes weā€™re all good!ā€ To which they proceed to humiliate him further and throw poker chips at him.

Itā€™s easily my favorite O&A guest trashing because of itā€™s length. Steve the Whistler, Tucker Max, Linda Blair, the numerous authors they fucked withā€¦the general bits of those are all the same. Keep subtlety fucking with your guests until they get uncomfortable and leave or hang up on you. Or in the case of a Joe Piscopo you play the silent game. Itā€™s one long build up to a punchline. With the Toothpick guy segment there are multiple punchlines with setups running throughout. I.e, at first attempting to break the sculpture, pests start calling his phone, then just stealing it the work, then the staff starts fucking with him and his ID, the Asian guy gets mustard on him, then it ends with the poker chips. Thereā€™s also the part where each one of the guys ends up walking out of studio leaving Ralphie May to interview the guy.

So no I donā€™t feel bad for him. Itā€™s one of my favorite bits of theirs.

G

Relistened a few days ago and I donā€™t feel bad at all. Aside from his stupid toothpick art which is genuinely impressive, (I would tell you if it wasnā€™t dude genuinely) the guy seemed like a real fucking weirdo. He was so desperate to get on Letterman that he was willing to stay on call for them to the point of not showing a picture to a radio show - something that would not have been visual - for fear of not letting him back on. They even made him pay for his own flight out there. Then he gets invited into this studio where all the hosts tell you to your face youā€™re a fucking bore and you donā€™t leave? He had multiple attempts to not make himself look like a fool in the appearance but he was so hungry for attention he ignored it.
1.) O&A ā€œgo to breakā€ and tell them the bits been shitty and they might use 5 minutes of the hour recorded. He still comes back from ā€œthe breakā€.
2.) Ant literally steals his sculpture intending to break it. He runs out of studio and proceeds to spend like 20 minutes filling out forms and calling lawyers instead of saying Fuck this and walking out.
3.) He gets his ID back, fills out all the forms, and STILL comes back in the studio in some half hearted pathetic ā€œHey guys i know itā€™s all just jokes weā€™re all good!ā€ To which they proceed to humiliate him further and throw poker chips at him.

Itā€™s easily my favorite O&A guest trashing because of itā€™s length. Steve the Whistler, Tucker Max, Linda Blair, the numerous authors they fucked withā€¦the general bits of those are all the same. Keep subtlety fucking with your guests until they get uncomfortable and leave or hang up on you. Or in the case of a Joe Piscopo you play the silent game. Itā€™s one long build up to a punchline. With the Toothpick guy segment there are multiple punchlines with setups running throughout. I.e, at first attempting to break the sculpture, pests start calling his phone, then just stealing it the work, then the staff starts fucking with him and his ID, the Asian guy gets mustard on him, then it ends with the poker chips. Thereā€™s also the part where each one of the guys ends up walking out of studio leaving Ralphie May to interview the guy.

Maybe I'll relisten. I can't remember the raphie may bit, maybe I tapped out by then, but that does sound funny.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
ā€Ž
ā€Ž
Maybe I'll relisten. I can't remember the raphie may bit, maybe I tapped out by then, but that does sound funny.
It should be in the first half of the phone call iā€™m pretty sure. I think a large reason why iā€™m able to enjoy the appearance is because nothing really happened. Itā€™s uncomfortable sure but it would ā€œcross a lineā€ if they actually broke his shit. I mean not that iā€™m a prissy faggot who has morals when it comes to comedy. But the way they fucked with him was just way funnier than if they were to just smash his shit and tell him to get out.

An interview that is genuinely cruel and uncomfortable? Richard Jeni. I never knew him as a comedian, and the trashing he received is on par with what they did to Joe Piscopo. The obvious difference is that in a few months, Joe Piscopo went on O&A and they all had a great time talking about his divorce. In a few months Richard Jenni killed himself. So thereā€™s always that weird knowledge in the back on your head when listening to it that they really probably motherfucked this guy.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
ā€Ž
It should be in the first half of the phone call iā€™m pretty sure. I think a large reason why iā€™m able to enjoy the appearance is because nothing really happened. Itā€™s uncomfortable sure but it would ā€œcross a lineā€ if they actually broke his shit. I mean not that iā€™m a prissy faggot who has morals when it comes to comedy. But the way they fucked with him was just way funnier than if they were to just smash his shit and tell him to get out.

An interview that is genuinely cruel and uncomfortable? Richard Jeni. I never knew him as a comedian, and the trashing he received is on par with what they did to Joe Piscopo. The obvious difference is that in a few months, Joe Piscopo went on O&A and they all had a great time talking about his divorce. In a few months Richard Jenni killed himself. So thereā€™s always that weird knowledge in the back on your head when listening to it that they really probably motherfucked this guy.
The show where it's Dipalo, Birbiglia and Vos in studio they replay that interview and talk about how uncomfortable it is. Then they go on to interview Leslie Nielson and proved they learned nothing. Great show overall.

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
ā€Ž
ā€Ž
The show where it's Dipalo, Birbiglia and Vos in studio they replay that interview and talk about how uncomfortable it is. Then they go on to interview Leslie Nielson and proved they learned nothing. Great show overall.

Had a good laugh meeting Vos and showing him a picture of a stack of Birbiglia dvds for sale at Half Price Books for 3 bucks a piece.

Say ā€œCookieā€

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
ā€Ž
ā€Ž

The difference with Jeni is that he was not a hack at all and was a respected comic. Jeni was apparently going through some real serious depression but that O&A appearance did not lead to his suicide, his schizophrenia did. Plus, that interview happened on WNEW around 2000-2001 and he died in 2007.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

ā¤ļøbonnie bonnie bonnieā¤ļø
ā€Ž
ā€Ž

Iā€™m pretty sure he never went on. Erock found him at a pharmacy telling a bunch of people he was going on Letterman. I donā€™t think they had the time so he got bumped. He seemed like a closet case, if I remember correctly he was saying he wasnā€™t married and never had a girlfriend.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
ā€Ž
ā€Ž
Iā€™m pretty sure he never went on. Erock found him at a pharmacy telling a bunch of people he was going on Letterman. I donā€™t think they had the time so he got bumped. He seemed like a closet case, if I remember correctly he was saying he wasnā€™t married and never had a girlfriend.
All correct. He never got on but was supposedly going to. The stipulation for a second appearance after the original bump was not being allowed to show the Biff model anywhere else. But even the boys poked holes in this story, arguing that theres already a picture of the Biff sculpture online and that it was a radio show, so showing Biff wouldnā€™t have done anything. Like I said before he was a real fucking desperate weirdo. Imagine flying yourself out to Letterman without being comped, getting bumped off the show, then told you canā€™t present YOUR OWN ART anywhere else. And the groveling faggot actually did it despite never getting an invite back.