The funniest part of this whole saga is that pig actually has a point

G

Pat totally dropped the ball by not consulting with a lawyer. I mean, Andrew would have had zero idea Pat even filed for the TRO if Pat hadn't been blabbing online about it. Andrew was served just before the hearing. A lawyer would have worked that out beforehand. No judge is going to agree to the RO based on Pat's second-hand hearsay, especially if Andrew has not even been informed of it.

Pat wasn’t blabbing about it, someone here discovered it and posted and that’s how Andrew found out. I don’t remember who it was but he’s probably smart and attractive with a big piece.

At the beginning of the hearing the judge says that Andrew had been served an hour ago and therefore the hearing could proceed so Rick would have just wasted his time if Andrew hadn’t shown up.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Bump

I mean all the internet bs he can easily walk away from, but he clearly loves the abuse cause it gained him victim status and some dum dums willing to listen to his bs and fork money over to him

At the end of the day we work for him and he didn't say your fired

BudDickman

I was astounded when the court issued Pat a filing saying 'You have shit, fix it within the next 30 days' just before the final quash hearing. This can't happen very often, a judge (on his own, not granting an extension request) giving one side more time because their case is so weak? Hilarious.
Judge Pro Tem Stein couldn't make a ruling on his own anyway, so he just defined a legal framework for the case and asked Stavros Esquire to satisfy the Krinsky standard. Even if the case had gone directly to Schulman, it seems a little rash to rule on the case without all parties understanding what legal standards will be applied.

The case was pretty complicated too, with stuff like the rule about the mandatory sanction for legal fees, which Stein missed. I don't see how they could've unraveled all the elements in one hearing.

But Schulman also seemed to have no patience whatsoever for Stavros Esquire's retarded antics, so who knows how it would have turned out, especially if Pat pulled his "proper protocol" nonsense on him. The judge might have ruled against him right there just to not have to suffer through his presence again.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Judge Pro Tem Stein couldn't make a ruling on his own anyway, so he just defined a legal framework for the case and asked Stavros Esquire to satisfy the Krinsky standard. Even if the case had gone directly to Schulman, it seems a little rash to rule on the case without all parties understanding what legal standards will be applied.

The case was pretty complicated too, with stuff like the rule about the mandatory sanction for legal fees, which Stein missed. I don't see how they could've unraveled all the elements in one hearing.
I actually talked to a lawyer I know about this case because it perplexed/fascinated me and I wanted to learn more about the legal system. From my friend's very quick perusal of the details, he said Stein did what he was supposed to do and gave Schulman the pertinent notes and correctly identified the main crux of the matter. This freed Schulman up to then pick up on the fee issue, which was missed by Stein.

Judges like Schulman actually have quite a hefty workload and do a ton of writing on cases themselves personally, which surprised me. So both of them actually did their jobs pretty well was my friend's general conclusion. Stein's recommendation was exactly what Schulman was looking for, and he was able to then do a deep dive on the more obscure aspects of the case.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Even with competent lawyers, I’m not convinced he could have won these cases on their own merits. Krinksy, like Niki, was never getting satisfied by flaccid Pat.
He wouldn't have. Even if discovery has been successful and people were served the case would've been dismissed after the first hearing because nothing in the complaint would've been actionable. You really think a judge is going to allow a case where someone is being sued for Joe Cumia diet advice copypasta to continue?

The only thing that might've been actionable were the pedophila statements from the complaint and even then he would have to prove those statements somehow affected his books sales. Keep in minding when suing for defamation you have to prove how the statements effected you financially.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Bump

I mean all the internet bs he can easily walk away from, but he clearly loves the abuse cause it gained him victim status and some dum dums willing to listen to his bs and fork money over to him

At the end of the day we work for him and he didn't say your fired
His whole case falls apart alone from his stupid "They gained me book sales" tweet.