The Big Moo likes to cheap out on talent

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
04BB29FB-D4B8-45EC-A84F-D83173CD9C72.jpeg

Mimi Beardsley

She’s a real cock softener.
You're cheap, Joe.

What's the difference between splitting 12 ways and 7 ways if you're only making $20?
This is exactly correct.

Putting together a band in the NYC area talented enough to pull off playing Steely Dan charts is gonna cost. You’re hiring real pros to pull it off where even the trombone player is going to want $300 minimum per gig. And nobody is going to want to rehearse either or that‘s gonna cost more.

Joe, leave it alone. Steely Dan is out of your wheelhouse. And there are already too many Dan tribute bands out there doing it better than you ever will.

And there are already too many Dan tribute bands out there doing it better than you ever will.

I recently came across some youtube videos of a really good Steely Dan tribute band - the guys are probably in their 30s, great audio/video production, playing the songs note-for-note perfect. Yet in all the live clips, it's at most a few dozen people in the crowd, mostly white hairs and bald heads, standing still. At least they're young enough where the tribute act could get them noticed for other bands/gigs.

But those dozen disinterested people is the apex for JoeH. To him, that's riding high, and completely worth all the time and effort. Which is why he wrote no less than six paragraphs of absolute bloviating nonsense about backing tracks for a fucking cover band.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
He is forgetting the part that he sounds like shit. He cant sing in Steely Dans octave or even sound close. In that little clip you can tell he is drowning out his voice with all the other tracks he is using. He just isnt good. He thinks the guitar playing is the star of his show. You cant cover those bands with dog shit vocals.

Faggot Boqposter

Dangerously sassy
Steely Dan was a studio band for a reason, dummy. No one is clamoring to see a half ass, low talent version of them performed partially live. There is no great live show in people’s memories that they want to see reproduced.
Yup! I’ve seen steely Dan live. Tickets were super expensive and the show was boring and short. I love the band but it was an objectively bad show.

Joe and a bunch of fellow retarded blues scale boomers trying to play it would unironically be more entertaining