The Beatles - gay and bad

Its fashionable for music fags (me) to hate on The Beatles, but the fact remains that they're the most important and influential group of the 20th century. Personally, I can take em or leave em. Abbey Road is good, The White Album has its moments, Revolver and Rubber Soul are pretty flawless, but I despise Sgt. Pepper. Anyway, that's my gayass opinion.

Oh yeah, Taxman is a banger. Post-punk before Punk.

And without the Beatles (Apple Records) we may have never gotten this stone cold masterpiece.

View attachment 55072

I mean, what's so revolutionizing about that song? Seems like pretty standard verse-chorus-verse stuff to me, just like the pop before it.

People are sheep
Yes
Moreso in the past.
I don't think so: in the past TV/Radio was almost novelty & there were less options, so people did group together in communities around popular culture but there were people who just opted-out. It's becoming harder nowadays to just opt-out or casually enjoy some music, in the past you could casually enjoy some music on the radio or buy a CD anonymously - now you need to give-over personal info (knowingly or otherwise) to hear a few tunes.

There was a point where the internet was a free well of information, but that's long-gone & the transhumanist globalists are influencing search results & collecting data constantly, & in some circles (& employment) you almost seem like a weirdo if you don't have a facebook, etc. Tribalism / populism is the only threat to global thought-influence, which is why genuine charismatic objectors are de-platformed, etc. Kids in school right now (especially with COVID) are being made to use programs, apps, etc. where they need to input all their personal details - kinda similar to the industrial revolution times where schoolchildren were put in lines & learn to obey the bell, preparing them for factory lines & the 'end of work/breaktime' bell/whistle.

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
There is a lot of forgettable/mediocre stuff in their discography for sure, but Revolver, Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, and most of The White Album are pretty great.

Hot take, but I never liked Sgt. Pepper's that much.
Not for nothing but those big super deluxe boomer boxsets they’ve been putting out has made me appreciate shit like Pepper. The basic tracks are just that but it’s amazing to hear how they layered shit over and over using a fucking 4 track.

I keep hearing this but I don't see what people are talking about. What was different about their music compared to Elvis Presley's music?
Listen to any Elvis song from any stage in his career and you'll notice that, although he was a great performer and interpretor of other people's songs, there is no innovation or musical ingenuity that he brought to them.

Now listen to Please Please Me and I Saw Her Standing There by the Beatles. Then stick on Eleanor Rigby and Tomorrow Never Knows which they didn't just sing but also wrote and you'll see a staggering musical development in just 3 years.

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Listen to any Elvis song from any stage in his career and you'll notice that, although he was a great performer and interpretor of other people's songs, there is no innovation or musical ingenuity that he brought to them.

Now listen to Please Please Me and I Saw Her Standing There by the Beatles. Then stick on Eleanor Rigby and Tomorrow Never Knows which they didn't just sing but also wrote and you'll see a staggering musical development in just 3 years.
Elvis was hamburger and the Beatles are pizza, both PFG.

BTW, nice interpreter stupid.

G

I hate the Beatles simply for these types of debates. Makes me feel stabby when people start debating the merits of them. Nobody offers anything new, it’s the same robotic responses from their defenders and detractors.
You want a hot new take? They couldn't have possibly written all those songs.

[MEDIA=youtube]ccEhmQ0M4FY[/MEDIA]