The Batman (2022) is three hours long. WTF?

G

I tried.

I actually think Pattinson is a great actor. Good Times, Lighthouse, he was the best thing in Devil all the Time and that shitty Lost City of Z movie. I was surprised that the teen idol guy from Twilight actually has chops. And he was good as Wayne and Batman, very different take on both characters than anyone else.

But it was too gloomy and slow. I watched most of it over 2 nights but didn't finish the last 20 minutes or so. That was a month ago or whenever it came onto HBO Max. No big urge to go back and finish it.

Raymond

You will never see my penis
I tried.

I actually think Pattinson is a great actor. Good Times, Lighthouse, he was the best thing in Devil all the Time and that shitty Lost City of Z movie. I was surprised that the teen idol guy from Twilight actually has chops. And he was good as Wayne and Batman, very different take on both characters than anyone else.

But it was too gloomy and slow. I watched most of it over 2 nights but didn't finish the last 20 minutes or so. That was a month ago or whenever it came onto HBO Max. No big urge to go back and finish it.
You might also enjoy The Rover. I'm all in with the guy since he credibly played a dignified retard.

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
It made those Nolan movies look much better in retrospect
Exactly my thoughts. I tried to watch The Batman and it was garbage, had to turn it off after 15 minutes. Way too slow and needlessly gloomy. Same day I watched The Dark Knight and enjoyed it from start to finish. Last superhero movie that's actually watchable and good and it came out 14 years ago.

AntsBatteryCharge

&$;;-:
I tried.

Have you seen Cosmopolis? I haven't, but I'm curious because it's by David Cronenberg.