"Spaz" is apparently now an offensive word

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Spaz is a slur in the UK, same as Paki or Irish. Letting British norms dictate our language is too 1775 for me. We let them take away spaz, soon we'll have to put unnecessary u's into our words. And we'll have no way to fight back because Irish pubs in the US stopped having IRA fundraisers 30 years ago.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
Funny how “spaz” is so offensive but bitch, pussy and nigga aren’t. This is the same crowd that mocked anyone that didn’t like Cardi B’s WAP as easily offended and prudes yet can’t handle the word Spaz. How many 80s / 90s / 2000s comedies had a character named Spaz?
I saw an article about how WAP was "empowering" to young girls. These people should be sterilized or have their kids taken away.

Imagine how easy your life has to be if you hear the word spaz in a song and it emotionally devastates you enough to start a campaign against it. Still a little surprised Lizzo got any shit since she's a fat nigger and all though.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I saw an article about how WAP was "empowering" to young girls. These people should be sterilized or have their kids taken away.

Imagine how easy your life has to be if you hear the word spaz in a song and it emotionally devastates you enough to start a campaign against it. Still a little surprised Lizzo got any shit since she's a fat nigger and all though.
Yeah I surprised she caved so quick, now the “mentally ill” are considered most oppressed and need to be heard. Sorry fat black lizzo, you’re no longer the winner of the oppression Olympics.

That same WAP crowd also force their kids to attend drag Queen story time because they’re told it’s empowering or something. That one makes zero sense, drag Queen is a form of black face, why would kids want to watch some grown man wearing ridiculous clothes pretending to be a woman? When I was a kid that kind of thing wound get your kids taken away.

Yeah I surprised she caved so quick, now the “mentally ill” are considered most oppressed and need to be heard. Sorry fat black lizzo, you’re no longer the winner of the oppression Olympics.

That same WAP crowd also force their kids to attend drag Queen story time because they’re told it’s empowering or something. That one makes zero sense, drag Queen is a form of black face, why would kids want to watch some grown man wearing ridiculous clothes pretending to be a woman? When I was a kid that kind of thing wound get your kids taken away.

I'm surprised drag shows haven't gone through the ringer yet.

I mean, if you're not trans, just a man dressing as a woman then isn't that transphobic?

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Spaz is a slur in the UK, same as Paki or Irish. Letting British norms dictate our language is too 1775 for me. We let them take away spaz, soon we'll have to put unnecessary u's into our words. And we'll have no way to fight back because Irish pubs in the US stopped having IRA fundraisers 30 years ago.
good thing they dont find "nigger" offensive or we be in a lot of trouble

I remember you couldn't post the word "spaz" on wackbag because wifflebatlube (Anthony) threw a shit fit and threatened to leave the board if people even mentioned him. Ah, the good old days of forum faggotry.
he shut down so many message broads back then, i read it somewhere you cant even talk about his heart attacks or he will threatened to sue the site admins. good thing reddit was untouchable back then and he was so mad lol

LongIslandchomper

OnA🤝🇷🇺
he shut down so many message broads back then, i read it somewhere you cant even talk about his heart attacks or he will threatened to sue the site admins. good thing reddit was untouchable back then and he was so mad lol

Wouldn't surprise me. He was always such a thin skinned faggot, even when people still liked him. I know he particularly hated .net and the forums after it blew up.

"FucktheBagandFBA" or whatever it was called was probably my favorite board. They had some serious hatred for OnA lol.

I wouldn't say spaz was ever used to insult actual spastics ( that word was used to demean and a charity even had to change its name from the spastic society)

I can't recall the last time I ever heard it or saw it written down. Probably not for 20 years. It was something I'd say as a 6 year old. Hardly a huge hateful term.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I'm surprised drag shows haven't gone through the ringer yet.

I mean, if you're not trans, just a man dressing as a woman then isn't that transphobic?
It’s also taking a woman’s features and exaggerating them to point of making fun of women. Technically it’s a form of black-face so I’m surprised women's groups haven’t gotten upset. When you break down drag is just pointing out how ridiculous women look and mocking them.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I wouldn't say spaz was ever used to insult actual spastics ( that word was used to demean and a charity even had to change its name from the spastic society)

I can't recall the last time I ever heard it or saw it written down. Probably not for 20 years. It was something I'd say as a 6 year old. Hardly a huge hateful term.
I feel like it was something only used in like teen comedies for decades. Either “quit being a Spaz!” Or having a little annoying character with the nickname Spaz. I guess they are now putting it with Sperg?

There's a UK vs US difference.

In the UK, this toy would not have made it to market:

Transformers toy called 'Spastic' won't be sold in UK | Metro News

But, in the UK you could have a black man voice the role of a cartoon monkey and no one would bat an eyelid.

In Australia, you can show black people eating fried chicken and only Americans manage to find a problem with it.

But, if Australia wins a cricket match against Cunt Fucker's country, don't be too shocked to see headlines reading "We bashed the Pakis!"

That headline would raise an eyebrow in the UK.

Different countries, different standards. :unsure:

Me? I'm just happy that as a straight cit-het white male who has black friends and lesbrian friends I am shattering the world view of racist cyberstalkers.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
If I get to say "cunt" liberally it might be a fair trade