Something funny about the NBC story

BudDickman

Pat plays the reporter a voicemail of someone telling him that he's going to prison where he will learn a trade.

Why would Pat be going to prison if he's the one on the receiving end of criminal harassment? I would expect this to pique the reporter's curiosity and cause him to wonder why the stlaker thinks Pat would be going to prison.

Phish

Them boys would fly in the mud over my house
He probably told the reporter he was going to prison too. I like to think that it makes it into every conversation. “Enjoy many years in prison, stlaker” “Excuse me sir? All i asked was if 10 double cheeseburgers would be your whole order and if you had your Golden Arch savings card?”

Salted Earth Truffle

Eric Hildeman poked my no-no hole when I was 5
In the 4ish hours this all took place it's a guarantee the "journalist" found holes in Pat's story but they came with an agenda so whatever doesn't fit is irrelevant.
They dragged a whole crew to his half-hovel and sat for four hours under hot lights with the noisy window AC cut off the whole time. They would have had a much more intriguing story on their hands if they’d bothered to probe deeper than Pat’s prepared statements. But they just wanted to GTFO and wash the rube off their bodies. They’re not journalists, they’re agenda marketers.

bovinebrain

MIND CONTROL!!!
If that were a real voicemail then I assume it was in reference to Pat going to prison for swatting himself. Again, that’s in the 1% chance that he didn’t send that voicemail to himself because I’m pretty sure his voicemail has been full for several years now. And the wording has Pat written all over it. He doesn’t know how to go out of character.

I wondered if the reporter / editor used some artistic licence - if you look at that 'voicemail being played' the phone is just being held somewhere with a blurred background. Maybe Rick forwarded some texts & they recreated a message with a synthesised voice, but played an obnoxious Rick-response by mistake. Is that even Rick's phone?