Simple recipes

G

My cum
Store in freezer for 45+ minutes
Eat like ice cream

Mmmm! Goes down salty! A little aftertaste of Shiraz…

1662114428483.png

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
I have made this probably a half dozen times over the last year. It's always well received and often requested for the weekly family get together. You really can't get any easier than this recipe and it only requires a few ingredients. If you are comfortable with a knife I would suggest cutting the apples in thin slices like for apple pie instead of square chunks. Having Whipped cream / coolwhip / ice cream compliments it well.

Apple Crumble with Julia Collin Davison

Apple Mix;
. Any apple will work but Golden Delicious or Honey Crisp are suggested (4 pounds) - ~ 6 apples
. 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
. 2 tablespoons of sugar
. 1/2 teaspoon of table salt
. 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
. 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes (lower rack)

Crumble Topping;
. 120 grams of flour
. 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar (light brown sugar works as well)
. 1/2 cup of sliced almonds (chop finely) * feel free to subtract
. 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
. 1/2 teaspoon of table salt
. 2 teaspoons of water
. 6 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter

- Add crumble on top of apples
. 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes (upper rack)
. Let sit for 45 min after removing the pan from the oven

chopped apple, oats, chopped mixed nuts, raisins, spoon of almond butter, bit of milk and plain yoghurt and honey. Never cared to calculate the cost but nutrition wise its way better than cereal

Jenna

Nighs Wonger, Stupid
I stumbled upon a pretty nice sausage and peppers recipe on youtube. Chop up the sausage into lil bitesized chunks, throw them in a frying pan and make sure they're evenly cooked. While that's happening, chop up a pepper into again, bitesized chunks. When the sausage looks cooked, take it out and put it in a bowl, then put the peppers in the pan and make sure to get them coated in the sausage grease. Chop up 1/5th of an onion and add it to the peppers, then when the peppers/onions start looking cooked, re-add the sausage to the mix.

Open up a bread roll and stuff it with as much of the mix as you can, then save the rest for tomorrow. No spices or seasonings or sauces required, the sausage grease is basically the sauce.

Four ingredients (three if you skip the sandwich part and just eat it out of a bowl) some light chopping and it still tastes great even if you overcook it.