Silvio Dante

Completely overacting. I always see him get so much praise but i think hes mostly cringy the entire time with his overdramatic italian mobster portrayal.
I’ve never seen the acting praised when it comes to Silvio.
The Sopranos, especially the first season, was part satire. I assume he was meant to be a caricature and that was part of the reason they had van Zandt do the awful Pacino impression.

G

The Sopranos, especially the first season, was part satire. I assume he was meant to be a caricature and that was part of the reason they had van Zandt do the awful Pacino impression.
Regarding the first season i agree with that. He didnt know who Artie was but going forward was Tony’s number one. I guess youre right

The praise he gets is as a character, and with that I agree. He was one of the very few that didnt overcompensate for insecurities and take it out on others.

Regarding the first season i agree with that. He didnt know who Artie was but going forward was Tony’s number one. I guess youre right
Yeah that was the pilot episode when he didn’t know Artie. They filmed that in 97, and they changed some things after.
I don’t think the boss in jail was ever mentioned after the first season.

Snake

FD372472-4C31-445D-B0A5-F24EF2EB54F6.jpeg

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
ironically, as "over the top" as his portrayal of that character was, I literally know 6 people from NJ who act like that

our people are a tacky one

you know that most stereotypes can be on the "hyperbolic side".......sadly, Chase got wops right

they're dumb, angry, and racist

People like Primo Levy, and that Fibonacci nigga were exceptions to the rule

Cancerfuck

The floor is lava, dude.
I heard they did little call back things like having Junior say “sisters cunt”. I hate that shit.
Yeah, it was basically just call-backs to one liners from the original show to make the audience feel like the movie is the same as the series, but it was basically 50 percent of irrelevant black riot drama and 50 percent forcing Soprano characters into the black riot drama. Only positive I can say about it is that James Gandolfini's kid wasn't a bad actor and fit the role well. Livia's actress was good as well.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Silvio talking to Tony about Ralph beating Tracey the stripper to death.....then pausing and saying "over uh.....now what was it again?" will never not be funny. Silvio freaking out over getting NY Jets tickets and having to miss it for Livia Soprano's funeral was great. Him having panic attacks like Tony and Bobby harassing him at his house "Sil....I needed to talk to you".

The character has a bunch of good low key funny moments. Him arguing with Paulie and then Paulie calling him a "wormy cocksucker" to try to throw off the scent of him leaking stuff to NY. Silvio having nightmares about Pussy being a literal giant rat in a mousetrap. Complaining about Artie's bread being from the "bread museum". "There you were....your head in the toilet....I said my piece Christopher!!".

And Sil attacking the writer JT over how Michael Myers from Halloween was not supernatural but was an "escaped mental patient" and starting to lose his mind to the point where people have to calm him down was great. Sil secretly loves horror movies.