Se7en (1995)

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
That was Chris Bauer, Frank Sobotka in The Wire. He was great in that, much scarier than Spacey in Seven or most depictions of killers in movies. When he puts on his stupid glasses and says "what did you expect, a monster?" Says he wasn't abused or molested as a kid, he just enjoys murder. So much more impactful. Just a sexual sadist called George who lives next door and says "good morning" whenever you see him.
Chris Bauer was younger during season two of The Wire than Gandolfini was during the first seasons of Sopranos. Guy aged worse than most US presidents. Even more ridiculous. Michael Imperioli, Christopher from Sopranos, is a year older than Bauer. Yet probably could have played Frank's son during those years.

G

Chris Bauer was younger during season two of The Wire than Gandolfini was during the first seasons of Sopranos. Guy aged worse than most US presidents. Even more ridiculous. Michael Imperioli, Christopher from Sopranos, is a year older than Bauer. Yet probably could have played Frank's son during those years.
Bald bastards age like milk. I'm not in the greatest shape anymore but I've got a full head of dark brown hair and a jawline and look 5 years younger than dudes my age who are bald, grey or fat. It's a crap shoot.

G

If you like the bleakness of "Se7en" or the banality of evil in "8mm", I'd recommend "The Vanishing" (the 1988 Dutch version "Spoorloos", not the American remake).
I saw that film after seeing the American version. I even read the the shitty original novel The Golden Egg. Shitty due to the poor translation. European film version was definitely better.

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
8mm was great. The Danzig homage was great.

also, Se7en was legit. the only part that I thought was out of place was the cock weapon lol. always seemed so out of place for that movie. Didn't he fuck her to death in some dirty private place? like they wouldn't of caught that lol

The 2 things I hated about Se7en is that Brad Pitt and His wife moved into an apartment in the city with 2 big ass dogs. What a terrible living situation. Dogs just shitting and pissing on newspaper thrown around on the floor. Not to mention how the fuck did Brad Pitt not notice the fucking elevated train track right outside the apartment? Look out the fucking window Serpico!

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Training Day had the same thing. The black cop is looking to retire from the job. The new rookie cop has his first day on the job. But it made sense that the black job was making the rookie do all this crazy shit and getting him high on PCP. Because he was looking to set the rookie up for murder, have him whacked by the spics, and then make off with stolen drug money to pay off the Russians. The movie has that breakneck speed because the main character is in a total panic state over the Russians wanting to clip him.

He's not a rookie. He's a younger cop that just received a promotion. Alonzo isn't looking to retire, either.

There's enough tropes to explore anyway. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/TrainingDay

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
He's not a rookie. He's a younger cop that just received a promotion. Alonzo isn't looking to retire, either.

There's enough tropes to explore anyway. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/TrainingDay
Yeah he's not new on the force but he is a rookie. Just like someone who is in AAA baseball for three years after playing college for four years and gets called into the majors is still a rookie. You think everyone should hand back their rookie of the year trophies because they were not new to baseball? TVTropes is for faggots.

Training Day is based on the same Rampart corruption that The Shield was based on. The undercover cop in The Shield was a seasoned cop but a rookie to working in the SWAT style unit. Just like in Training Day the main character worked footwork and marked units and now is in this crazy unmarked basically unsupervised unit and is a fish out of water. They even call the main character in Training Day "rookie" and say things like "nice score for your first day on the job".

The entire point of the movie is that the main cop in training day is an idiot. He smokes drugs from an unknown source. And gets himself drugged out on PCP. He takes a raid on a house with no backup and agrees to use a chinese food menu as a warrant. Causing a shootout. He travels into the ghetto without backup in plainclothes like an idiot multiple times nearly getting killed. Only reason he survives is pure luck. He just HAPPENS to save a girl whose cousin is about to kill him, and keeps the wallet in his pocket. "This is some trippy shit holmes".