Se7en (1995)

G

[URL]https://lookmovie2.to/movies/view/se7en-1995[/URL]

Panic Room, The Game even adapting Palahniuk’s Fight Club had some hope to it but this is just straight up dark shit, real nasty stuff. Torture, doubting God, a no name city filled with constant rain, hate and snuff parlors.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Overrated movie. Suffers from the cliche of the main detective working either his last case or his first case. Or the classic cliche of the bank robber taking "just one last job" and it going disastrously. Of all the crazy cases for a detective to get, one is on his last case, and the other on his first case. I always hated that coincidence. There was no subtly. I always liked how in The Wire they were just random detectives taking random cases. And the only time a rookie got a major case was when the bosses were messing around.

In Silence of the Lambs it makes sense that Clarice is chasing an FBI level serial case when she is an academy rookie. Because her mentor Jack is sexually attracted to her and puts her on a big assignment to impress her. Lecter even flat out tells Clarice that now that he has seen her he knows that Jack Crawford and the other men give her attention because she is attractive. We even see in the movie later that men hit on her when she is doing FBI work. Lecter says that the only reason she is working this case is because Crawford wants to fuck her. He even says that Crawford jacks off to her and then sets her up to have Multiple Migs actually throw cum at her. Then later gets Migs to kill himself to impress Clarice.

Training Day had the same thing. The black cop is looking to retire from the job. The new rookie cop has his first day on the job. But it made sense that the black job was making the rookie do all this crazy shit and getting him high on PCP. Because he was looking to set the rookie up for murder, have him whacked by the spics, and then make off with stolen drug money to pay off the Russians. The movie has that breakneck speed because the main character is in a total panic state over the Russians wanting to clip him.

Seven is pretty much stupid shock value. True Detective season one is far better and more subtle. The villain in Seven is ridiculously cartoonish and silly as well. The movie relies on so many coincidences as well. Like what if Brad Pitt's wife is out getting the groceries or on vacation? Or if her husband or someone else is home with her? The villain is able to sneak into her home. Able to silently kill her. Take her head off. Put it in a box. Mail the box with very specific instructions. Turn himself in. Consult lawyers. Take a car ride. And not once does Brad Pitt call or check on his wife nor anyone do a welfare check. In real life they would take the villain and hold him in custody for a few days and not bargain with him at all.

handsomeblue

Mel BJ quote fulfillster
Pat's method acting was impressive!

95dfacf8698bfce0bcc31baa291f2d11b118f6e9_hq.jpg

Seven_022Pyxurz.jpg

gluttony.jpg

G

Overrated movie. Suffers from the cliche of the main detective working either his last case or his first case. Or the classic cliche of the bank robber taking "just one last job" and it going disastrously. Of all the crazy cases for a detective to get, one is on his last case, and the other on his first case. I always hated that coincidence. There was no subtly. I always liked how in The Wire they were just random detectives taking random cases. And the only time a rookie got a major case was when the bosses were messing around.

In Silence of the Lambs it makes sense that Clarice is chasing an FBI level serial case when she is an academy rookie. Because her mentor Jack is sexually attracted to her and puts her on a big assignment to impress her. Lecter even flat out tells Clarice that now that he has seen her he knows that Jack Crawford and the other men give her attention because she is attractive. We even see in the movie later that men hit on her when she is doing FBI work. Lecter says that the only reason she is working this case is because Crawford wants to fuck her. He even says that Crawford jacks off to her and then sets her up to have Multiple Migs actually throw cum at her. Then later gets Migs to kill himself to impress Clarice.

Training Day had the same thing. The black cop is looking to retire from the job. The new rookie cop has his first day on the job. But it made sense that the black job was making the rookie do all this crazy shit and getting him high on PCP. Because he was looking to set the rookie up for murder, have him whacked by the spics, and then make off with stolen drug money to pay off the Russians. The movie has that breakneck speed because the main character is in a total panic state over the Russians wanting to clip him.

Seven is pretty much stupid shock value. True Detective season one is far better and more subtle. The villain in Seven is ridiculously cartoonish and silly as well. The movie relies on so many coincidences as well. Like what if Brad Pitt's wife is out getting the groceries or on vacation? Or if her husband or someone else is home with her? The villain is able to sneak into her home. Able to silently kill her. Take her head off. Put it in a box. Mail the box with very specific instructions. Turn himself in. Consult lawyers. Take a car ride. And not once does Brad Pitt call or check on his wife nor anyone do a welfare check. In real life they would take the villain and hold him in custody for a few days and not bargain with him at all.
You know what dude? You got your old last cop case troupe, you got your movie cliches, your coincidental plot twists and bam Gwyneth’s head is in a box.

I’m not going to dispute any of that, sailor. I guess I can just forgive a lot of contrivance in a movie if it delivers results. The chemistry between Pitt and Freeman was freaking incredible. They played off each other really well. Lee Ermey introduced a similar dynamic as the hard boiled police brass as played out a movie type as that was, too.

As far as cliches go the actors played it off well. Freeman as the grizzled burnt out retiree, Mr. Jolie as the hot headed rookie, Doe was such a great less is more adversary and once I saw a blimp.

I love the scene where they’re running through the projects chasing Doe and people are throwing shit at them yelling,’ Shut the fuck up!’ There’s so many moments like that in this film I just enjoy despite how fucking dank and negative it portrays humanity.

And the jerk store called and they’re running outta you!

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
It was a miss for me. I’m not a Fincher fan outside of fight club, which I mostly enjoy for nostalgic reasons. Fincher is an over-stylized hack that always picks atmosphere over substance for his movies. Fight Club was his best mostly because the themes, while cliched and contrived at times, raised a lot of interesting questions about modernity and masculinity which few Hollywood movies (especially nowadays) will touch. But I find that all his other movies have little rewatchability.. kind of like Breaking Bad, the twists and unpredictability are the only enticing part about it. There is no subtlety and no nuance to any of it. Once you know what happens in a Fincher movie there’s no point in ever watching it again.

G

It was a miss for me. I’m not a Fincher fan outside of fight club, which I mostly enjoy for nostalgic reasons. Fincher is an over-stylized hack that always picks atmosphere over substance for his movies. Fight Club was his best mostly because the themes, while cliched and contrived at times, raised a lot of interesting questions about modernity and masculinity which few Hollywood movies (especially nowadays) will touch. But I find that all his other movies have little rewatchability.. kind of like Breaking Bad, the twists and unpredictability are the only enticing part about it. There is no subtlety and no nuance to any of it. Once you know what happens in a Fincher movie there’s no point in ever watching it again.
I kind of feel the same way about The Game. All illusion no substance. Still I think of this flick in the same way you do Fight Club, I guess. Both enjoyable movies but more manipulative than engaging.

Btw, could I borrow 10$? It’s raining outside and the ATM is like 3 blocks away.

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
I kind of feel the same way about The Game. All illusion no substance. Still I think of this flick in the same way you do Fight Club, I guess. Both enjoyable movies but more manipulative than engaging.

Btw, could I borrow 10$? It’s raining outside and the ATM is like 3 blocks away.
If you want to be in my down line I’ve got $220 worth of ketosis supplements you can purchase from me at the discounted rate of $190. That’s a great deal that I’m only doing cuz you’re a brotherman! Hit me up on Facebook for deets

G

If you want to be in my down line I’ve got $220 worth of ketosis supplements you can purchase from me at the discounted rate of $190. That’s a great deal that I’m only doing cuz you’re a brotherman! Hit me up on Facebook for deets
Nice try, fuzz. Your man CQ is quicker than that. Also I’m not going higher than 150$. I know low grade keto when I see it, smart guy.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
But I find that all his other movies have little rewatchability.. kind of like Breaking Bad, the twists and unpredictability are the only enticing part about it. There is no subtlety and no nuance to any of it. Once you know what happens in a Fincher movie there’s no point in ever watching it again.
Once you know the big twist of Seven. It loses its shock value. You basically have to slog through two hours of a meandering investigation to get to the head in the box. Reminds me of stuff like Sixth Sense where when it came out everyone raved about it. Yet I haven't seen the movie in forever and not a single person has ever said that they watched the film again. The film is losing its cultural relevance.

I can watch Silence of the Lambs once a year. I could watch things like Alien or Aliens often as well and those movies have all sorts of twists. Alien has the snake exploding from Kane's chest, Ash being a robot, and the alien sneaking into the escape shuttle and popping out. Aliens has the twists of Burke trying to infect them, the entire colony being overrun, the alien queen and eggs, and the queen making it to the main ship. You could argue that Aliens has the main twist of the queen laying eggs on the ship that infect Ripley and kills Hicks and Newt in the opening of Alien3.

8MM is definitely a better film than Seven. Seven has the crazy over the top twist of the killer being some genius maniac who can perfectly arrange all of his kills down the minute. 8MM had the twist that the main killer was just a guy living in the suburbs who was perfectly normal looking and you would never suspect deep down was a serial killer. He even says that he lives a pretty good life and just likes the thrill of seeing people die.

G

Once you know the big twist of Seven. It loses its shock value. You basically have to slog through two hours of a meandering investigation to get to the head in the box. Reminds me of stuff like Sixth Sense where when it came out everyone raved about it. Yet I haven't seen the movie in forever and not a single person has ever said that they watched the film again. The film is losing its cultural relevance.

I can watch Silence of the Lambs once a year. I could watch things like Alien or Aliens often as well and those movies have all sorts of twists. Alien has the snake exploding from Kane's chest, Ash being a robot, and the alien sneaking into the escape shuttle and popping out. Aliens has the twists of Burke trying to infect them, the entire colony being overrun, the alien queen and eggs, and the queen making it to the main ship. You could argue that Aliens has the main twist of the queen laying eggs on the ship that infect Ripley and kills Hicks and Newt in the opening of Alien3.

8MM is definitely a better film than Seven. Seven has the crazy over the top twist of the killer being some genius maniac who can perfectly arrange all of his kills down the minute. 8MM had the twist that the main killer was just a guy living in the suburbs who was perfectly normal looking and you would never suspect deep down was a serial killer. He even says that he lives a pretty good life and just likes the thrill of seeing people die.
The Silence of the Lambs is one of those few films that succeeds with the billed antagonist as the I guess you could call anti-hero. Maybe the good guys aren’t all that great.

You could say John Doe is a stand in in a bad or good way. It’s more open ended considering the obvious lack of context. It’s what you make it. He’s a blank slate for Mills or Somerset to describe themselves.

He was like a an internet meme before psychopaths could make internet memes.

G

8MM had the twist that the main killer was just a guy living in the suburbs who was perfectly normal looking and you would never suspect deep down was a serial killer. He even says that he lives a pretty good life and just likes the thrill of seeing people die.
That was Chris Bauer, Frank Sobotka in The Wire. He was great in that, much scarier than Spacey in Seven or most depictions of killers in movies. When he puts on his stupid glasses and says "what did you expect, a monster?" Says he wasn't abused or molested as a kid, he just enjoys murder. So much more impactful. Just a sexual sadist called George who lives next door and says "good morning" whenever you see him.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
That was Chris Bauer, Frank Sobotka in The Wire. He was great in that, much scarier than Spacey in Seven or most depictions of killers in movies. When he puts on his stupid glasses and says "what did you expect, a monster?" Says he wasn't abused or molested as a kid, he just enjoys murder. So much more impactful. Just a sexual sadist called George who lives next door and says "good morning" whenever you see him.
That was my favorite season of the Wire, largely because of him and the Sobotka character. Usually people shit on the second season, but maybe I just liked it because longshoreman are more entertaining than teachers, journalists or politicians.

Udders

Great food

8mm is a tremendous and very underrated movie. Fuck you Larry.