Reminder: A Japanese Pearl Harbor survivor cried in Ricks arms and apologized for attacking America.

SensibleKeks

Found Pat's Hill article where the lie first appears. Note that this Japanese airman was a bomber pilot in the Hill article but Pat can't keep up with his lies and changes it to a Zero fighter pilot.
I have been a bit of a WW:II buff for most of my life. I traveled to Hawaii when I was only nineteen to visit my best friend who was stationed there. Somewhere in between the beaches, girls, and under-aged drinking, I managed to find my way to the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial.

I stood only a few dozen feet above her deck, watched little rivulets of fuel oil leaking out of her like blood from a wound that still hadn’t closed decades later. Read the names of those who died that morning.

And then I found myself on the deck of the U.S.S. Missouri. Standing at the plaque in the wood where the table had sat when the Japanese Emperor signed the documents that made their surrender official.

I stood where the war started, and I stood where the war ended that day.

Back on the shore, I encountered an elderly Japanese man with many generations of his family sitting on a bench. He was crying. Being young, I asked one of the adolescents why he was so upset. I thought it might be because of the humiliation his country had suffered on the deck of the Missouri.

I couldn’t have been more wrong. He was crying because, since he had been a young man no older than I was then, he’d tried to tell his family about the attack, insisted that Japan had started the war.

No one believed him, because Pearl Harbor was left out of history in their schools. But he knew, because he’d been a crewman in one of the torpedo bombers in the second wave. He’d been there, and for almost fifty years, he’d carried that knowledge until he could finally afford to bring his family and show them the truth. He saw me talking to his grandson and wanted to apologize. I told him it was okay, we were allies now, friends. I lied and told him I owned a Honda. What else was a nineteen-year-old supposed to say?

Screenshot_20220815-102959_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220815-103107_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220815-103126_Chrome.jpg

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Found Pat's Hill article where the lie first appears. Note that this Japanese airman was a bomber pilot in the Hill article but Pat can't keep up with his lies and changes it to a Zero fighter pilot.

View attachment 59713

View attachment 59714

View attachment 59715

I'm exhausted just reading this.

How can someone live their life as a complete act? A virtual cypher that pretends to be everything, but exists as nothing?

I need a drink.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
Kamikaze pilot kind of implies that he crashed and died. Was there some sort of malfunction with the plane? At the last second, what happened? Was he coming down and all of a sudden he said "Jesus, this kamikaze business might not be for me. I think maybe I'll go back to base" or something like that?
My wife's grandpa once told me he was supposed to be a kamikaze pilot when he was 13 because they were running out of people but, thankfully, the war ended before that happened. He went on to be a bank manager, spoke zero English and died in 2008. The idea Pat was just having a really cogent conversation in English with some guy who actually flew planes as a legit pilot sounds just a little unlikely.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
Well he did say he went when he was 19, so around 99. But still zero point zero percent chance this happens
It's the biggest load of bullshit he's ever said. His entire life, before us, was thinking up ridiculous lies to try and gain traction with and nobody ever called him out on them. That's why he hates us so much. Nothing to do with his wife or his family. We took away his ability to tell ridiculous lies in order to further his career.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
"He was crying because, since he had been a young man no older than I was then, he’d tried to tell his family about the attack, insisted that Japan had started the war."

Japan's war with West began with Commodore Matthew Perry's affront in 1853.
They'd been fighting Russians or invading greater Asia/encroaching on the Pacific's archipelago for 40 years leading up to Pearl Harbor.
I hate you, Patrick.
I fucking hate you, Patrick.

Last edited: