• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

References you never got, and need explained

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
"Enough - about the - ___"
The sing songy cadence is distinct enough that makes it unlikely they were quoting when Opie psychotically and unironically screamed "ENOUGH ABOUT THE HAT" to Dice.

"I was only jokin" sound drop, sounds like an old movie.

In return The DMAN will offer you this easy one: "I'm going to hang up and listen to the answer" comes from that old bag Iris From Bay Ridge Brooklyn who used to call Ron and Fed. You're really bringing back the good old jokes, and the laughter of the yesteryear.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I think that may be from the movie, My baby is black.
Correct. When the store owner throws the black kid into the freezer and smears lard in his hair. The judge asks him "Why did you do that?" and he replies "I was only jokin'". That became one of the most popular drops for a while.
The negroooooooo
That dropped was played insanely often during race stories for a long time. As well as other drops like "it is not a sin to get rid of a dirty stain". During the infamous "Hat Removal Service" shows those drops were hammered quite a bit.
Jimmy would say “ZELL!” in what seemed like a Jewy voice. Never got that reference.
From the movie Marathon Man. A woman yells "Szell!!!!" because she recognize him from a concentration camp.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I never got Steves gay voice. He just didn’t have one. I also don’t know who Ramone is and how its related to Steve at all beyond the prank calls.
Steve was once asked "If you could have any job what would it be?". Steve said "I would be the 'deep voice guy' in movie trailers. Cut movie trailers from my home. And bang hookers all day". That lead to them cutting a bunch of promos of Deep Voice Guy killing hookers at his house including one where he asks his assistant 'Ramone' to get the wood chipper.

This turned into Steve from Yellowstone constantly asking Ramone to get him something during a prank call.

Forum Clout
Steve was once asked "If you could have any job what would it be?". Steve said "I would be the 'deep voice guy' in movie trailers. Cut movie trailers from my home. And bang hookers all day". That lead to them cutting a bunch of promos of Deep Voice Guy killing hookers at his house including one where he asks his assistant 'Ramone' to get the wood chipper.

This turned into Steve from Yellowstone constantly asking Ramone to get him something during a prank call.
What was the thing with the Jetsons car noise they'd play for him? That's the only Steve joke I never got or know when it started. I remember them mostly playing that clip when they started again on XM but not before.

Forum Clout
What was the thing with the Jetsons car noise they'd play for him? That's the only Steve joke I never got or know when it started. I remember them mostly playing that clip when they started again on XM but not before.

They found out that Steve drove a hybrid vehicle, which are typically quieter than gasoline-only, combustion vehicles. The Jetsons vehicle noise was audibly similar to the sound that Steve's car would make while driving.