• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Post your favorite 90’s show episodes

G

This episode here has never left my brain since the night it aired on BBC (was it BBC? I think it was.) It was "Homers Enemy".

This came out as we were just finishing up recording "Calling All Stations", and by the time the episode ended, I thought to myself "What would drive a man that crazy against another human being?"

And then I had my own Frank Grimes moment, near the end of February of the following year, after a rough go of shows in Italy. I find a private meeting going on in the tour bus, with Mike, Tony, their cunt manager Tony Smith, and most insultingly, their fucking accountant. I sense they're having doubts about me, but I tell them it's crazy to call quits on this so soon, and I say if they want me to, I'll fuck off right now.

[MEDIA=youtube]axHoy0hnQy8[/MEDIA]

I've never looked at that episode the same way since.
This Tony fucking Smith sounds like he needs a delightful ass kicking and I’m not joking at all.

Also, S14, Ep6 Frank’s son makes an appearance to avenge his father. To be quite honest I was definitely rooting against him even though Frank was a good guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
This Tony fucking Smith sounds like he needs a delightful ass kicking and I’m not joking at all.

Also, S14, Ep6 Frank’s son makes an appearance to average his father. To be quite honest I was definitely rooting against him even though Frank was a good guy.

Thank you. Tony Smith is a sensitive subject with me. For every moment he seemed nice to me, I have a dozen where he was a blasted cunt. When they remastered all the albums on vinyl years ago, I had to go buy my own copy of "Calling All Stations". Very fucking petty on his part.

I did see that episode with Frank Junior. The short clip of Frank Grimes Sr. reminded me of the good old days, because that episode wasn't very good. Then again, later Simpsons rarely is.

G

Thank you. Tony Smith is a sensitive subject with me. For every moment he seemed nice to me, I have a dozen where he was a blasted cunt. When they remastered all the albums on vinyl years ago, I had to go buy my own copy of "Calling All Stations". Very fucking petty on his part.

I did see that episode with Frank Junior. The short clip of Frank Grimes Sr. reminded me of the good old days, because that episode wasn't very good. Then again, later Simpsons rarely is.
Seasons 2-8 (sorry S1 but you suck) are the best. You can tell Conan O’Brien and Robert Smigel left by the time the Armin Tamzarian ep was aired.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Seasons 2-8 (sorry S1 but you suck) are the best. You can tell Conan O’Brien and Robert Smigel left by the time the Armin Tamzarian ep was aired.

You still had guys like Swartzwelder even at that time, so they weren't depleted of talent yet. Besides, Conan's stint was short, but beneficial.

"Principal and The Pauper" is just plain an awful episode. I normally don't take a show so seriously to say it shits on a characters established development, but I'm a writer, too - and you build a song much like you build a character in a story. This threw away a lot of the character by making him an imposter and then trying to say "he's still the same guy!" (Oakley and Weinstein, who otherwise had a flawless showrun, were behind this episode, and that's their weak excuse.)

The fact is that by this time, most any show would be out of good and original ideas. But they've been on another 25+ years, and that's because they've accepted declining quality. I'd have ended the show on the Frank Grimes episode the year before - you couldn't top it. And even though they had some good episodes after, they never did top "Homers Enemy".

Forum Clout

One of the best Pete and Pete episodes. I laugh every time at the 2:57 mark with Artie attached to the chain link fence saying "God Speed my Vikings beehh heyhh"

I just remembered the one where the father is trying to decide which son to leave his prized bowling ball to and Pete and Pete start making negative political ads against each other.

Most shows disappoint when I revisit them but God damn does Pete and Pete hold up.