• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Piggy stealing others thoughts again?

NikkisCrustyGusset

I am the crispy white spot in your soul
Forum Clout
Yeah I remember in the 90s the maxi single was the only way to get the rare non-album tracks from some groups (Nirvana comes to mind) but of course once downloading music became a huge thing the maxi single CD became a thing of the past. Also I think the last time a
B-Side track became a huge hit was Goo Goo Dolls “Name” in the mid 90s because the FM DJ played the OTHER side and the phones LIT UP with requests as they say. Of course that could never happen now since DJ’s have to play what they’re told because some company in a different state told them what people want to hear.

Back in High School (early 2000s) i job shadowed for a week at Philadelphia radio station 94 WYSP which branded itself the “hard and heavy” rock station. They had Stern in the morning, Opie & Anthony afternoons and the rest rock radio. I saw they had an Eminem CD on the wall for radio play and asked the DJ why they had it, he told me because they’re told what to play by a company in Maryland because they’ve done research so Eminem has to be played sometimes between Metallica, Korn, and Disturbed even if the station audience doesn’t want to hear it
Mate no joke but when I think of Maxi Single I immediately go to Smells Like Teen Spirit! (although I prefer Bleach and In Utero... Actually IU is in my top 5 albums) I remember getting the single in HMV Grafton St and its all light blue and a blurry pic of em. We would get different versions in UK/Ireland but always had tons of American imports and I think the maxi single was more an American thing. For example, in the US NIN released 'closer' as an 8 track ep but was split into two over here.

That's awesome you got to check out how a radio station works. It's so crazy the American Market for radio and tv with all the affiliates and local channels and repeats and 'rival' programs being on the same local channel etc.. I picked up a good handle on it from listening to old O&A.