• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Paywall = the most retarded thing possible if you have a podcast

Racist Google Intern

Please watch the Itchy and Scratchy Friends Hour!
Forum Clout
Most people binge listen to podcasts so I think you’re better off letting them have a lot then want more. Even GAS keeping the last 5 free was a good idea.

Cumtown and MSSP were exactly the two I was thinking of. The censoring stuff is that YouTube motherfucks you with the algorithm if you swear early or use slurs. I haven’t listened in a little bit but he said they were still uncensored on the website.
Mssp/cumtown use to be a dollar an ep even then that was a lot, 5 dollars for "comedians" talking for 1 hour is insane.
To make it worse all these new people think they can start at 5 cause the big podcasts did it.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
What have they been removing?
I don’t have actual proof because I don’t subscribe but I’ve read (and heard Luis say himself) that if a comic asks him to remove an old episode that could be bad for their career he will. Shane Gillis was the main person that was mentioned doing this. I’ve seen a lot of people complain on the LOS sub that the archives are getting smaller.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
I don’t have actual proof because I don’t subscribe but I’ve read (and heard Luis say himself) that if a comic asks him to remove an old episode that could be bad for their career he will. Shane Gillis was the main person that was mentioned doing this. I’ve seen a lot of people complain on the LOS sub that the archives are getting smaller.

We need to document this and taunt Shane endlessly for it.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
We need to document this and taunt Shane endlessly for it.
In Shane’s defense I don’t think it was recent. Probably around the SNL thing when him and I believe his family too were getting death threats. But it’s still retarded to try to scrub things that are behind a paywall that a few thousand people (being very generous with that number) pay for.

Reeper

Forum Clout
I could understand a paywall if you actually were doing or saying something of note that could actually get you in trouble. But that isn’t what they do, is it? They’re just milking those retards for money, arent they

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
On the Skanks subreddit, people have been up in arms because even the GAS Digital versions are censored and edited.
That’s a bad look in my opinion. I’d assume the majority of their fanbase would be against that.
What have they been removing?
It might be urban legend at this point but supposedly they removed one where Dave talked about banging a tranny but that was rumored to be about 6 or 7 years ago. It was one of the original few. They took an early one with Pete Davidson on because he was like 19 and shitfaced.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Cumia doing it makes sense because he has no broader appeal beyond like 300 cultist fans and the fewer people who actually watch, the more mystery is built about what he "can get away with" on his "free speech platform." (not knowing it's literally nothing) It's not comedy, it's not politics, it's a novelty podcast. LOS are competing against 1000 comedy podcasts doing the exact same thing they are, often much better - a pay wall is suicide.
Another variable was when he started Compound him and Joe were getting tolled pretty hard by pests and they didnt want trolls striking his channel down every other week. Joes gigs were getting sniped left and right at the time. The paywall shielded his income from the trolls but also limited any exposure to new viewers. He failed to adapt when patreon and other methods became popular and now its been dying on the vine for years. Not saying its the main reason he did the paywall but it was a factor at the time.

Josef Kuminski

кормить бабушку
Forum Clout
Nana should have divided his network in half. Half of the non controversial shows on YouTube like ((Malice)), East Side Dave and that mornin show. These shows would serve as means of promoting the network and perhaps even bring in some ad revenue. Then putting the controversial stuff behind a paywall; drunk Geno, the whore horse and the count himself.

I’m looking forward to when this entire market of comedy podcasts bursts. Half these faggots aren’t interesting, funny and as soon as they start making any kind of money become the biggest faggots on the planet. All of these guys are trying and failing to replicate the success of Opie and Anthony. They of course are missing the most important ingredient, relatability. No one can relate to big Jay cause most of us don’t dress like it’s 1998 family values tour, we work for a living ((Dave Smith)) and we’re not closet faggots whose only gimmick is starting fake and gay edrama- Kevin Brennan.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
They’re just milking those retards for money, arent they

It's just math. They need to generate revenue. Advertising isn't going to cover operating costs. Who advertises on CM? Does he even have advertisers anymore? If they didn't paywall the content, it wouldn't generate revenue. Plain and simple.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
The one where luis blew bob kelly's strap on, luis doesn't want his kid to be made fun of for it, even though he will.
urxwqawuhi621.jpg

Forum Clout
I think the best method is one free and one behind Patreon for $5. Then you can still do ads, get growth, and make a little extra pawket money. There’s no way Ant ever grows audience wise. Remember when you could watch for free on Mondays? One of Keith’s not terrible ideas.
That's the worst way to do it. Nobody wants to be left out of the club with paywalled content and then they start treating the free episodes as work and putting fuck all effort into them.

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Heyyyy, HELLHOLE ADLsters...
Forum Clout
Kevin is a weird fucking guy and a lunatic. I miss the early MLC’s and Burning Bridges. I’m shocked there’s no way that YouTube logs it for you. There has to be.
Burning bridges was aces. The trash he does now is vomitus. Fucking Piazza niggerster spit take drooling ass faggotster he is now. Taking pics of the super chats has got to be even more retarded than Stuttering Fuckface's entire black cirrhosis of the gay ass liver pudding headedness. Total light in the loafers shit.