Pat watches a cartoon

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
It's moronic to dismiss an entire medium as being for children. It's only Americans that seem to have this hangup. Is your only exposure to animation Peppa Pig and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse?
Lol, of course it's an anime profile pic. I don't know if I'm against all animation per se, but it's gay and childish for a 45 year old man to watch a cartoon by himself. Call me a moron if you want, but that's just how it is. I feel the same way about video games, capeshit, wrestling, people collecting toys, etc. Don't make you a bad person necessarily, but it's childish. What are you, 5?
jimflorentineheadshot2017-2___18173342535 (1).jpg

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
If every man with an anime profile picture / avatar online was instantly removed from existing then the world would be a better place with a lot less pedophiles on it.

This is a fact. Interpret it however you please.
Lol, of course it's an anime profile pic. I don't know if I'm against all animation per se, but it's gay and childish for a 45 year old man to watch a cartoon by himself. Call me a moron if you want, but that's just how it is. I feel the same way about video games, capeshit, wrestling, people collecting toys, etc. Don't make you a bad person necessarily, but it's childish. What are you, 5?
First of all, Avatar isn't an anime. You having a Florentine mentality actually makes a lot of sense. Of course you think it's for children, it's not about explosions and banging broads.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
It's moronic to dismiss an entire medium as being for children. It's only Americans that seem to have this hangup. Is your only exposure to animation Peppa Pig and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse?
I'm with you on this. Just because a lot of big fat faggots enjoy cartoons due to their crippling arrested development doesn't mean they're all worthless to normal people. There are an awful lot of genuinely great movies that happen to be animated. Pat is generally too dumb to get that and thinks some random 50 episodes per season CG Star Wars show is amazing but saying it's all shit is like saying all jazz or all classical music or all hip hop is shit. Guess I must be a pedophile.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
I'm with you on this. Just because a lot of big fat faggots enjoy cartoons due to their crippling arrested development doesn't mean they're all worthless to normal people. There are an awful lot of genuinely great movies that happen to be animated. Pat is generally too dumb to get that and thinks some random 50 episodes per season CG Star Wars show is amazing but saying it's all shit is like saying all jazz or all classical music or all hip hop is shit. Guess I must be a pedophile.
A lot of people can't seem to differentiate between "for all ages" and "for children" as well. For children is stuff like Peppa Pig and Teletubbies.

Look at this scene, for example:

I consider it to be incredibly well made. The direction, to me, is near flawless. You understand so much of what this film and it's title character is, without any dialogue. If this had been live action, it would get praised by everyone to this day still.
As an adult you get so much more out of a scene like this than any child would.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.

Like what?

Pogrom is talking about that terribly gay anime stuff. I had an ex who made me watch spirited away and I thought it was super cringe.

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
First of all, Avatar isn't an anime.
Lol who gives a shit? It's a cartoon for kids. I'm too old to know the difference.
You having a Florentine mentality actually makes a lot of sense. Of course you think it's for children, it's not about explosions and banging broads.
Nice strawman, stupid. "You don't like my gay little cartoons so you must be a meathead into dumb action movies and movies with tits!" Not really. Movies in general are lame. I'm just a grown man that can recognize childish behavior. If it makes you feel any better, drinking beer and making dumb jokes with my friends is also immature behavior that I'm guilty of. But I'm not going to throw a hissy fit if someone (correctly) points out that it is. A mature hobby would be something like woodworking or reading, things like that. Not playing with toys and watching shows for kids. You'd never see adults doing that before 10 years ago. And if you did, they'd raise some red flags.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Like what?

Pogrom is talking about that terribly gay anime stuff. I had an ex who made me watch spirited away and I thought it was super cringe.
Fuck me, you could have had some credibility if you at least said something like Sailor Moon, which is still a good manga and anime. But to use a modern masterpiece like Spirited Away as an example, fucking hell, lol. Won the Oscar in a category that was always dominated by Disney and is currently #32 in the top rated films on IMDb.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Lol who gives a shit? It's a cartoon for kids. I'm too old to know the difference.

Nice strawman, stupid. "You don't like my gay little cartoons so you must be a meathead into dumb action movies and movies with tits!" Not really. Movies in general are lame. I'm just a grown man that can recognize childish behavior. If it makes you feel any better, drinking beer and making dumb jokes with my friends is also immature behavior that I'm guilty of. But I'm not going to throw a hissy fit if someone (correctly) points out that it is. A mature hobby would be something like woodworking or reading, things like that. Not playing with toys and watching shows for kids. You'd never see adults doing that before 10 years ago. And if you did, they'd raise some red flags.
quote-when-i-became-a-man-i-put-away-childish-things-including-the-fear-of-childishness-and-c-s-lewis-42-6-0623.jpg

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Fuck me, you could have had some credibility if you at least said something like Sailor Moon, which is still a good manga and anime. But to use a modern masterpiece like Spirited Away as an example, fucking hell, lol. Won the Oscar in a category that was always dominated by Disney and is currently #32 in the top rated films on IMDb.

My goodness did it win an Oscar?! Well zikes! A hecking Oscar-eeno?!!!! Hollywood is known for making good awesome sauce stuff ^____^ so it must be sooOooo kawaii!!!

Hollywood is full of pedophile freaks and the Oscar’s is full of complete nigger shit.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
Like what?

Well then it's not for you but I think you'd find you're in the minority there. Grave of the Fireflies is brutal and devastating. Beauty and the Beast is a great movie. Princess Mononoke, Totoro, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind are all great depending on what you're looking for. Even something like Toy Story 3 or Up! or Wall-E are very good movies.

You can say you simply don't like animated stuff and, of course that's fine and entirely up to you. But to deny the craft suggests you just don't want to see it. To say you have to be a pedophile to enjoy it without making your kids watch is just disingenuous. I am very hesitant to show my kids Grave of the Fireflies but someday I will because it's one of the best possible examples of understanding the conflict of their heritage ever put to film.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Well then it's not for you but I think you'd find you're in the minority there. Grave of the Fireflies is brutal and devastating. Beauty and the Beast is a great movie. Princess Mononoke, Totoro Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind are all great depending on what you're looking for. Even something like Toy Story 3 or Up! or Wall-E are very good movies.

You can say you simply don't like animated stuff and, of course that's fine and entirely up to you. But to deny the craft suggests you just don't want to see it. To say you have to be a pedophile to enjoy it without making your kids watch is just disingenuous. I am very hesitant to show my kids Grave of the Fireflies but someday I will because it's one of the best possible examples of understanding the conflict of their heritage ever put to film.

The movie Pat is talking about is about a gay queer relationship between a dog and a robot.

This fan made animation is great, the medium can be used for cool atuff.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Ok well let me know when you become a man instead of throwing temper tantrums online when people don't like your fruity little hobbies. For now, I'll stick to just watching them with my kids.
Yeah, I'm the one with the temper tantrum. Not the people who are constantly namecalling and hurling insults.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
The movie Pat is talking about is about a gay queer relationship between a dog and a robot.

This fan made animation is great, the medium can be used for cool atuff.

You make a lot more sense if one just thinks about you as a legit autist that only cares about Warhammer and conspiracy theories. Instead of falling down the tranny wormhole like so many of them do just to belong, you ended up in the Christian one instead.