Opie really did run the show.

G

I’ve been listening to old episodes and while I’m not gonna pretend they aren’t funny, it’s clear as day to me that Opie really did run that show. At least 10 times an episode he has to get Jim to stop talking about taking loads up his ass or make Anthony move on from talking about nigger crime. The show wouldn’t have been as good without Opie. Any adult should be able to see this.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I’ve been listening to old episodes and while I’m not gonna pretend they aren’t funny, it’s clear as day to me that Opie really did run that show.
When people here say stuff like "Anthony was never funny" or "Norton was not a good third mic" it is just as ridiculous as saying that Opie didn't create, run, and manage the entire show and brand. Opie managed to take an air conditioning repairman and turn him into a radio broadcaster and comedian from nothing basically. If you listen to early shows of Anthony on WBAB or WAAF you can hear that it took years for Anthony to really build confidence. He doesn't really become 'Anthony' of O&A until they are back in NY on WNEW.
At least 10 times an episode he has to get Jim to stop talking about taking loads up his ass or make Anthony move on from talking about nigger crime. The show wouldn’t have been as good without Opie. Any adult should be able to see this.
It's not just about destroying the bad bits but also producing and setting up the good ones. Anthony has stated that he hated basically all contests, all listener related bits, all phone calls, and even stuff like Jocktober (though some of that is probably out of jealously that Opie created that bit). The most bizarre part about Anthony hating callers and listener bits is that it was literally him as a listener, sending tapes to Opie at WBAB to get air time, that got him his big break. Without Opie playing listener submissions he doesn't even get out of Apollo Air Conditioning.

lowend73

never caught lackin
Sure, Opie was not as funny as Jim or the African.

But like everyone else has said (I’m a fucking parrot), someone has to run a show

Look at the ball eating contest, Anthony is like your coked out friend who won’t shut up. Jimmy has that phone permanently glued to his hand (during a nationally broadcast show).

Opie was herding cats. That is something the new generation of Anthony ball washers will never get

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
I’ve been listening to old episodes and while I’m not gonna pretend they aren’t funny, it’s clear as day to me that Opie really did run that show. At least 10 times an episode he has to get Jim to stop talking about taking loads up his ass or make Anthony move on from talking about nigger crime. The show wouldn’t have been as good without Opie. Any adult should be able to see this.
Sometimes I even liked when he went to the phones. Shit callers gave me joy

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
When people here say stuff like "Anthony was never funny" or "Norton was not a good third mic" it is just as ridiculous as saying that Opie didn't create, run, and manage the entire show and brand. Opie managed to take an air conditioning repairman and turn him into a radio broadcaster and comedian from nothing basically. If you listen to early shows of Anthony on WBAB or WAAF you can hear that it took years for Anthony to really build confidence. He doesn't really become 'Anthony' of O&A until they are back in NY on WNEW.

It's not just about destroying the bad bits but also producing and setting up the good ones. Anthony has stated that he hated basically all contests, all listener related bits, all phone calls, and even stuff like Jocktober (though some of that is probably out of jealously that Opie created that bit). The most bizarre part about Anthony hating callers and listener bits is that it was literally him as a listener, sending tapes to Opie at WBAB to get air time, that got him his big break. Without Opie playing listener submissions he doesn't even get out of Apollo Air Conditioning.
I think he is loying about hating all that. I think he's loying about not really hating Stern either.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
Sure, Opie was not as funny as Jim or the African.

But like everyone else has said (I’m a fucking parrot), someone has to run a show

Look at the ball eating contest, Anthony is like your coked out friend who won’t shut up. Jimmy has that phone permanently glued to his hand (during a nationally broadcast show).

Opie was herding cats. That is something the new generation of Anthony ball washers will never get
If anything else look at Jim's show now and Anthony's show now. They are garbage! The funny guys who should be left to their own devices can't be funny! In fairness Opie alone doing a show stinks too and he's so hurt still. What I'm saying is they all need each other to be funny

Voscabulary

and now it's all over
If anything else look at Jim's show now and Anthony's show now. They are garbage! The funny guys who should be left to their own devices can't be funny! In fairness Opie alone doing a show stinks too and he's so hurt still. What I'm saying is they all need each other to be funny
opie needs two people who can comedically bounce off each other, and they both need opie to reign them in and steer the show. o&a was a perfect mixture of chemistry, which was precisely opie’s vision, and no one gives him credit for it. fact of the matter is, there would be no show without opie

I find it quite interesting how anthony and jimmy are the only two people who piss on opie’s name, meanwhile other former staff and colleagues often defend him. dr steve praised opie very highly for not only helping him get a show on siriusxm, but also showing him the ropes for hosting a show. opie also went to bat hard to get patrice his own program on the platform, and I’m not just talking about the black phillip show. patt duffy also said opie offered him career advice and would often bounce ideas off of him for bits/stunts he could do on the show. even erock seems neutral with opie, and he bloody works for anthony now. the only other lowly employee who’s scorned by the brotherman is danny, and you won’t find a single person who’s ever met him that would even spit on him if he were on fire, so his opinion holds zero merit

he sometimes stunk as a host, he often had very poor comedic timing, he took one too many phone calls (which even that was just opie understanding the value of viewer interaction), but he’s also responsible for some of the show’s most legendary bits; for giving structure to what could have easily been a mess of a program, and for also wrangling the exact right people together to shine. there would have been no o&a without the opster. bugger any deluded tosser who thinks otherwise

say ‘show’ again

Last edited:

DMAN

NYC Mayor
I was recently thinking about all the legendary bits Opie created, and it struck me that Opie came up with almost all of them. Name any bit Auntie or Jim came up with that was an ACTUAL bit, and not just watching a video on the air, or saying a silly phrase like lasagna hat leap year... Mayors dead, W.O.W., bashing the Evolution of the Rock of New York, Voyeur Bus, Sex for Sam, poker chips, cake stomp, jocktober.... How does anyone deny this?

I think he is loying about hating all that. I think he's loying about not really hating Stern either.

Anthony ranted about Howard more than anyone. He was pissed off and hated Howard after the gag order, but as soon as he got away from Opie he started trying to join Howard's show again like he did in 1994.

Anthony ranted about Howard more than anyone. He was pissed off and hated Howard after the gag order, but as soon as he got away from Opie he started trying to join Howard's show again like he did in 1994.
towards the end it seemed like Opie who stayed on the Howard thing, maybe AntH was preoccupied with race shit but Opie stayed sore about Howie til the end. Sometimes you could hear Opie taking the lead & sounding venomous while A&J sat back, although iirc earthworm Jim never went all-in

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
And for every time he got them off faggot topics, he'd lay down 3 "HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON"s

I'm sure Opie was so indispensable to the show, that's why you faggots have bashed and hated him the last ten years. Just agree they're all faggots.

What I read a historian conclude about the Roman Empire should be applied to OnA. "The question is not 'how did it last so long?' but 'how did it not fall apart sooner?'"