Opie on Ron Bennington

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
I can't find it but I heard a clip of Bob Kelly on Bennington a few years back and he makes a comment about everyone hating Opie. It was supposed to be a joke but no one laughed and Ron quietly mumbles "No one hates Opie."
He's probably right. Outside of Nana and maybe the Worm and ex-staffers, I doubt anyone feels that strongly about the Opester one way or the other. It's mostly Opie himself who burned bridges with people after feeling slighted in some way, and the general feeling among them seems to be more one of resigned bemusement rather than abject hate.

I'm fairly confident that if Opie showed up at the Cellar and showed some humility and good nature, most of the comics wouldn't have a problem having a friendly chat with him again. He won't ever do such a thing because of his own womanly tendencies preventing it, but at least that's by his own choice. Nana couldn't try it if he wanted to because he's just become too toxic to evenly casually associate with for an increasing number of people.

G

He's probably right. Outside of Nana and maybe the Worm and ex-staffers, I doubt anyone feels that strongly about the Opester one way or the other. It's mostly Opie himself who burned bridges with people after feeling slighted in some way.

I'm fair confident that if Opie showed up at the Cellar and showed some humility and good nature, most of the comics wouldn't have a problem having a friendly chat with him again. He won't ever do it because his of own womanly tendencies preventing, but at least that's by his own choice. Nana couldn't try it if he wanted to because he's just become too toxic to associate with for an increasing number of people.
Nah to be fair big dick Opie walked right in to fawkin cumpound media to confront that faggot Gavin and he pussed out. Same with Luis Gomez, he at least confronted him. Vampire and worm would never do such a thing.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Nah to be fair big dick Opie walked right in to fawkin cumpound media to confront that faggot Gavin and he pussed out. Same with Luis Gomez, he at least confronted him. Vampire and worm would never do such a thing.
That's a case of him alphamaleing folks who talked shit though, I've never doubted his ability to do that. What I do doubt is him being able to walk up to like Vos or Bobby and say: "Ya know what, I might've been a dick and overreacted and I apologize. I'd hate for pointless drama to ruin our friendship."

Don't forget he's called the Destroyer for a reason, not the fawking Constructor.

G

That's a case of him alphamaleing folks who talked shit though, I've never doubted his ability to do that. What I do doubt is him being able to walk up to like Vos or Bobby and say: "Ya know what, I might've been a dick and overreacted and I apologize. I'd hate for pointless drama to ruin our friendship."

Don't forget he's called the Destroyer for a reason, not the fawking Constructor.
We can agree to agree, brotherman

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I'm fairly confident that if Opie showed up at the Cellar and showed some humility and good nature, most of the comics wouldn't have a problem having a friendly chat with him again. He won't ever do such a thing because of his own womanly tendencies preventing it, but at least that's by his own choice.
I don't think Opie wants to associate with these guys anymore. They are all drug addicts, rapists and perverts, weirdos and degenerates, and just miserable people overall. And they are dishonest cowards in that they would shake Opie's hand then go on another show and badmouth him the next day. Like even if Opie and Sam weren't hostile....what do they have in common? They are going to talk about WWE and eating chicken nuggets?

I don't even think guys like Louis CK or Rogan are on Opie's radar enough to care to actually meet them or go on their shows or specials or whatever. Opie's has his circles of friends, his wife's family, and his brothers, and some other random associates. I doubt that any of them really want people like Vos, Burr, or Bobby around them. And just have to deal with the retarded drama of their lives.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
What I do doubt is him being able to walk up to like Vos or Bobby and say: "Ya know what, I might've been a dick and overreacted and I apologize. I'd hate for pointless drama to ruin our friendship."

Hey you ASS. Maybe Opie doesn't feel that way?

It's just as easy for me to say "I doubt Anthony would be able to walk up to Opie and say Ya know what, I was insane and I apologize. etc...

Vos really did jump on the "fuck opie" train, after Opie put up money for their dopey simping movie, okay? Alright? So just sit there, alright? Owkay?