Old school Hollywood Hotties Thread

Veronica Lake looked like a classy dame

1397091.jpg

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Veronica Lake looked like a classy dame

View attachment 3997

She's a fascinating case, really.

I don't think I've ever seen a more classically beautiful blonde in my entire life. She was in several bonafide classics - "I Wanted Wings", her noir trilogy with Alan Ladd, "Sullivan's Travels", "I Married A Witch" - she was a huge star for a time.

But never, ever, have I read one kind word about her from the Hollywood elite. Alan Ladd supposedly didn't get along with her. Frederic March allegedly would outright insult her to her face. Eddie Bracken is on record calling her a Bitch. And Raymond Chandler, one of my heroes, coined her "Moronica Lake". And she walked from Hollywood after her star power faded.

Still... What a looker.

EraGodless

She's a fascinating case, really.

I don't think I've ever seen a more classically beautiful blonde in my entire life. She was in several bonafide classics - "I Wanted Wings", her noir trilogy with Alan Ladd, "Sullivan's Travels", "I Married A Witch" - she was a huge star for a time.

But never, ever, have I read one kind word about her from the Hollywood elite. Alan Ladd supposedly didn't get along with her. Frederic March allegedly would outright insult her to her face. Eddie Bracken is on record calling her a Bitch. And Raymond Chandler, one of my heroes, coined her "Moronica Lake". And she walked from Hollywood after her star power faded.

Still... What a looker.
Just looked her up- she was knocked up at 18. She has a daughter who is still alive. Her daughter is 80 (she was a looker in her time as well).

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
And NOT FAGGOT ASS CORNHOLING COCKSUCKERS...
Umm, I'm guessing you never heard the respective rumors about Cary Grant, or Gary Cooper have you?

And hey, I say this is someone who doesn't care if a person is gay. But God damn, how could you be at a time when you had Rita Hayworth AND Barbara Stanwyck?

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
Umm, I'm guessing you never heard the respective rumors about Cary Grant, or Gary Cooper have you?

And hey, I say this is someone who doesn't care if a person is gay. But God damn, how could you be at a time when you had Rita Hayworth AND Barbara Stanwyck?
Just a couple of fun lovin' bachelors living together. Nothing to see here...

actors-randolph-scott-and-cary-grant-bettmann.jpg

I didn't know about Gary Cooper. I guess when you've had Grace Kelly and Marlene Dietrich, you've already run the full spectrum of pussy available at that time.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
Just a couple of fun lovin' bachelors living together. Nothing to see here...

actors-randolph-scott-and-cary-grant-bettmann.jpg

I didn't know about Gary Cooper. I guess when you've had Grace Kelly and Marlene Dietrich, you've already run the full spectrum of pussy available at that time.
Thats Randolph Scott with Cary