Ok this is just sad

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Joseph Cumia has resorted to busking at elderly homes. He’ll go visit if he’s getting money, but won’t go when his own mother is in one of said facilities. Joseph, you’re sick!
6C1372F8-B007-449A-AB55-29557D573623.jpeg

After forty years "in the business", Joe is playing solo gigs in nursing homes. I know some people who play in some truly terrible cover bands, doing shows in awful, shitty bars and clubs, and they're FAR more successful than Joe is. Joe would KILL for a Wednesday 6:30PM slot at Dingbatz, but he's reduced to playing nursing home activity rooms in front of people who don't even know where they are. These poor elderly people get wheeled in, thinking they're going to watch a little Andy Griffith, and there's some ugly mooing oaf with a guitar instead.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

DON'T INTERRUPT ME CUNT
After forty years "in the business", Joe is playing solo gigs in nursing homes. I know some people who play in some truly terrible cover bands, doing shows in awful, shitty bars and clubs, and they're FAR more successful than Joe is. Joe would KILL for a Wednesday 6:30PM slot at Dingbatz, but he's reduced to playing nursing home activity rooms in front of people who don't even know where they are. These poor elderly people get wheeled in, thinking they're going to watch a little Andy Griffith, and there's some ugly mooing oaf with a guitar instead.
He's not far from Poconos this place has shitload of tribute bands during summer https://shermantheater.com/

He's not far from Poconos this place has shitload of tribute bands during summer https://shermantheater.com/
The NY/NJ/PA/CT area is littered with venues and bars like that. They book TT Quick or Anvil and they need some local band to be third on the bill, and some awful local Judas Priest cover band grabs the spot. And as lowly, sad and pitiful as that may be, it's infinitely more dignified than busking at the Clam Hut or the senior center. Joe plays to captive crowds, people who aren't even there to see him.

Salted Earth Truffle

Eric Hildeman poked my no-no hole when I was 5
“What one must do” refers to the COVID test. Meanwhile the nursing home patients are doing a rally of charitable acts and Joe is one of their pity projects. “We’ll let him play some of his awful music for us, make him feel like he’s not a complete waste of life. It could be the boost that prevents him from killing himself.” Then there was a huge argument because most of the elderly Jews thought Joe SHOULD kill himself. But the bleeding heart old LIBTARDS voted otherwise.