Official STEALING FROM SELF-CHECKOUT Thread

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
307718670_421141363495272_4936746885303337635_n.jpg

We are in the age where stealing from giant faceless corporations is unadmittedly encouraged. Gone is the 7th commandment in this modern age.

less than $1000 thefts in certain shitholes is legal, cashiers being replaced by machines and making US do the extra work while not being paid for it? It isn't fair so why continue playing their game

Please comment your hauls, make note of how much money you saved. I just stole some hot dogs, buns & chips from a Walmart totallying close to $10 (my hourly salary is much higher so I consider this a loss)

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
307718670_421141363495272_4936746885303337635_n.jpg

We are in the age where stealing from giant faceless corporations is unadmittedly encouraged. Gone is the 7th commandment in this modern age.

less than $1000 thefts in certain shitholes is legal, cashiers being replaced by machines and making US do the extra work while not being paid for it? It isn't fair so why continue playing their game

Please comment your hauls, make note of how much money you saved. I just stole some hot dogs, buns & chips from a Walmart totallying close to $10 (my hourly salary is much higher so I consider this a loss)
I scammed TCL into giving me a free TV and sound bar and haven't done anything since.

You need to apply a sense of morality to your theft. Plausible deniability and ignorance are your best friends at the self checkout. The golden rule for me is that I never steal when I'm buying alcohol as I've heard the stores come down on you twice as hard if they see that shit. The second is to try justify how much your shop 'should' cost (they constantly change prices to confuse people) and deduct the difference by swiping a few choice items. The "using my own bag" feature streamlines your theft nicely as a bulky backpack will throw the scales off and any items inside will go undetected. My second method is to blanket my cart with reusable bags (more than i need) and then just loosely fill a bag with bits and never take it out when scanning. I've noticed that the "assistant required" alarm goes off occasionally when weighing veg along with a screenshot of what you were weighing being displayed. So the trick of fooling the machine into thinking your craft blood orange IPA is a potato could be at an end.

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
I have a friend I have known for 30 years who has always stolen from chain stores, even now he is in his 40's, decent job, money etc. He finds a way to exploit whatever the current system is and the typical human behavior it brings. It's more of a game than anything, as he has mastered a ton of tricks, social engineering, sleight of hand etc.

The Coat (ages 11-15 or so)
He had a special coat he would wear, where everything went in the sleeves, he told me the only time he would ever go near a pocket is at the end when you pay. As a school kid it would always be stuff that could be sold at school; batteries, Parker pens, Calligraphy pens, Perfume, makeup and aftershave. He would take an item from the shelf (actually 2) look at it and then put it back, all in one motion. The second went down the sleeve and unless you were specifically watching for it, was almost impossible to notice.

The Package Check
This is particularly memorable as I was watched him do it several times.
One time, we were in Homebase (Lowes kind of place) there was some Sony wireless headphones on the shelf I was looking at, he was in there to get a secure front door lock for his nan and a mitre saw (not powertool). This was also when Lava lamps had just made a big comeback (mid-late 90s). He picked out a front door lock that was mega expensive (£80 or so) the saw was cheap about £20~, headphones were £60 and the shelf price of Lava lamps was about £30. After seeing the price of the lock he immediately fucked off into the shop somewhere and come back about 10 minutes later with a flatbed trolley and a giant ceramic garden chimnea (£130) that was in a box the size of a washing machine. He had already dumped the chimnea out in the gardening section in one of the display sheds and then filled the box to the brim with the lock, saw, and as many headphones and lava lamps he could fit. Taped the box back up and put it back in its aisle. He then went back the next day, got a shop assistant to help him load it onto a trolley and go through checkout.
Turned up at mine and chucked me a lamp and headphones. Gave a load to his family, installed nans new lock and sold the rest to a car boot (flea market) seller. We were 13/14 at the time and he had to 'borrow' a supermarket trolley to wheel it home.
This tactic is still used to this day - he regularly gets £40-50 of deli meats and then dumps it in £6.99 "ready meal for two" bag.

When the supermarkets started selling consumer electronics it was a bloodbath. Everything was paid for at the regular groceries checkout, there wasn't a dedicated tech counter to purchase from. He bought a thermal printer for barcodes and would print out the barcode for the cheapest TV and stick it to the most expensive and keep buying them. Going to the old lady cashier who wouldn't know what they are looking at.
My local Tesco didn't have any stock of CD writers for 18 months because he kept filling up shitty £16 boombox boxes with them and clearing the shelves. There used to be a range of joysticks for PC, the basic one £25~ and a force feedback model that was about £70. The boxes were identical in size, he used to swap the joysticks over and then pack all the dead space with fax and printer cartridges/toners. Sold the joystick to the other kids at school and the toners/cartridges to their parents.

When plastic bags became the devil and shoppers were encouraged to bring reusable bags, He would bag up all of his shopping in these bags as he was going round the store. Then go to the tobacco kiosk, buy 20 B&H and a newspaper and walk out with the packed trolley/cart. He did that for over a year before the layout of the shop changed.

Seems too niggerish to me. I realize they’re faceless corps but I’d lose self respect.

When I spoke to him over lockdown he was already all over the self service tills.
He has some fucked up 3 card monte way of moving around/packing/scanning the items, has memorized all of the items that share the same weights and or product line that he would use. He always engages with the clerk and never grifts more than 20%.

He has never stolen from a private individual or a 'mom and pop' type store and is vehemently against it. I know he used to trade/sell a lot of the batteries and random other stuff to the owners of a corner shop for cigs which he sold on at school.
To him, its like counting cards and getting an 'edge' over the house.

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
I have a friend I have known for 30 years who has always stolen from chain stores, even now he is in his 40's, decent job, money etc. He finds a way to exploit whatever the current system is and the typical human behavior it brings. It's more of a game than anything, as he has mastered a ton of tricks, social engineering, sleight of hand etc.

The Coat (ages 11-15 or so)
He had a special coat he would wear, where everything went in the sleeves, he told me the only time he would ever go near a pocket is at the end when you pay. As a school kid it would always be stuff that could be sold at school; batteries, Parker pens, Calligraphy pens, Perfume, makeup and aftershave. He would take an item from the shelf (actually 2) look at it and then put it back, all in one motion. The second went down the sleeve and unless you were specifically watching for it, was almost impossible to notice.

The Package Check
This is particularly memorable as I was watched him do it several times.
One time, we were in Homebase (Lowes kind of place) there was some Sony wireless headphones on the shelf I was looking at, he was in there to get a secure front door lock for his nan and a mitre saw (not powertool). This was also when Lava lamps had just made a big comeback (mid-late 90s). He picked out a front door lock that was mega expensive (£80 or so) the saw was cheap about £20~, headphones were £60 and the shelf price of Lava lamps was about £30. After seeing the price of the lock he immediately fucked off into the shop somewhere and come back about 10 minutes later with a flatbed trolley and a giant ceramic garden chimnea (£130) that was in a box the size of a washing machine. He had already dumped the chimnea out in the gardening section in one of the display sheds and then filled the box to the brim with the lock, saw, and as many headphones and lava lamps he could fit. Taped the box back up and put it back in its aisle. He then went back the next day, got a shop assistant to help him load it onto a trolley and go through checkout.
Turned up at mine and chucked me a lamp and headphones. Gave a load to his family, installed nans new lock and sold the rest to a car boot (flea market) seller. We were 13/14 at the time and he had to 'borrow' a supermarket trolley to wheel it home.
This tactic is still used to this day - he regularly gets £40-50 of deli meats and then dumps it in £6.99 "ready meal for two" bag.

When the supermarkets started selling consumer electronics it was a bloodbath. Everything was paid for at the regular groceries checkout, there wasn't a dedicated tech counter to purchase from. He bought a thermal printer for barcodes and would print out the barcode for the cheapest TV and stick it to the most expensive and keep buying them. Going to the old lady cashier who wouldn't know what they are looking at.
My local Tesco didn't have any stock of CD writers for 18 months because he kept filling up shitty £16 boombox boxes with them and clearing the shelves. There used to be a range of joysticks for PC, the basic one £25~ and a force feedback model that was about £70. The boxes were identical in size, he used to swap the joysticks over and then pack all the dead space with fax and printer cartridges/toners. Sold the joystick to the other kids at school and the toners/cartridges to their parents.

When plastic bags became the devil and shoppers were encouraged to bring reusable bags, He would bag up all of his shopping in these bags as he was going round the store. Then go to the tobacco kiosk, buy 20 B&H and a newspaper and walk out with the packed trolley/cart. He did that for over a year before the layout of the shop changed.

When I spoke to him over lockdown he was already all over the self service tills.
He has some fucked up 3 card monte way of moving around/packing/scanning the items, has memorized all of the items that share the same weights and or product line that he would use. He always engages with the clerk and never grifts more than 20%.

He has never stolen from a private individual or a 'mom and pop' type store and is vehemently against it. I know he used to trade/sell a lot of the batteries and random other stuff to the owners of a corner shop for cigs which he sold on at school.
To him, its like counting cards and getting an 'edge' over the house.

Lol, asset protection knows about him and is letting him go on to the point where he hits the treshold and they nab him. Every single one of those scams is what meth heads and niggers do all day long especially at chain stores. Your friend is not slick.

There isn't a single corporate store that doesn't have at least 1, if not 2 AP guys on site watching every single person. Especially since Covid. The fact that he keeps the numbers low proves my point. When he hits their dollar amount threshold, he ain't going home that night.

G

Lol, asset protection knows about him and is letting him go on to the point where he hits the treshold and they nab him. Every single one of those scams is what meth heads and niggers do all day long especially at chain stores. Your friend is not slick.

There isn't a single corporate store that doesn't have at least 1, if not 2 AP guys on site watching every single person. Especially since Covid. The fact that he keeps the numbers low proves my point. When he hits their dollar amount threshold, he ain't going home that night.
Yep. An ex of mine got hooked on meth, then she and her dealer/fiancé got popped doing this shit in Utah. They were running it at multiple Wal-Marts, thinking no one had any idea.