• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

O&A v. Stern

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
‎
‎
Forum Clout
If Kinison had lived he might have. But he had been dead by three years at that point. And Anthony only did the impression because Sam was such a huge part of the Stern show. You could probably listen to years of O&A and not hear a single mention of Kinison nor an impression of him. Same with Stern who also rarely brought him up.
Yeah but come on, man. That impression is perfect. Ant could have made a cartoon with Dice and Kinison. Unfortunately, he’s a lazy WOP.

satanssockpuppet

‎
‎
Forum Clout
Kinison was hilarious. He was the first comic to just attack everyone. He would ask guys if they fantasized about murdering their spouses and if they would take the kids down too. Or talk about how insanely dysfunctional his personal life was but in a truthful way and not some faggy 'made up' way. He would talk about sex addiction but actually lived that rockstar sex life. He was traveling with two sisters he was banging as well as some models and even got one of his manager's wife pregnant because he could not stop fucking anything that moved.

Guys like Dice, Patrice, Hicks, Carlin, pretty much all took parts of their persona from Kinison. But Kinison actually lived it. Fags like Carlin made fun of 'white bankers'. But Kinison made fun of starving nigger children posing for National Geographic photos decades before Starvin Marvin on South Park.
Of all the people who did all that blow in the 80s, Kinison might have topped them all. He used to do Stern pretty regularly in the late 80s and he was always gakked out of his mind. Remember that whole Sam vs. Dice thing back then? Stern used to egg Kinison on re: that all the time.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
‎
‎
Forum Clout
I like you Mr. Lighting, but I don't like how you run out of steam when you're just getting started. Please see a doctor about shortness of breath. We love you.

O&A wanted to carry the torch that Stern refused to let go of. They didn't want him to hand it to them anyway. They wanted to beat it out of him. Well, Opie did at least. It's no secret that Anthony the hole always wanted to be Stern's 4th or 5th sidekick.

This series of events also lends credibility to those who say O&A "ripped off" Howard. I don't believe in it. Aside from Anthony's crutch of talking like Howard in the olden days, which I will forgive even though he would never be so big if the roles were reversed. And even though people pretend Opie tried to imitate Howard -- WHICH HE NEVER DID... Find any clip where Opie sounds like Howard. Ron Diaz is more of an influence on Opie than Stern.

The Greaseman was known as the craziest man on radio before Howard even had his stupid Weird Al Yankovic ripoff when he was Selling The N at WNNNNBC. With the mustache, same glasses, same hair, same fake nasally voice like Weird Al, and even called himself Howeird Stern. Then Howard's voice changed suddenly and he tries to make himself sound like the voice of god.

O&A felt much more "open" and updated. Howard was a boomer about technology and music, and O&A were noticeably more in tune. The show doesn't always have to be about Howard and his gay life. O&A was more about listening to what would happen when 2 stupid assholes top each other's idiocy.

Howard was more monetarily successful because he was always Business first. Opie made millionaires out of them in a few short years, but Howard fine tuned what he did, got the right agent who had the perfect mindset for him, commanded his staff like a military, and was able to parlay his jewish connections into better advertising and promotion for decades.

O&A never would have existed without Howard allowing that style of crude humor to become mainstream accepted. That doesn't mean O&A copied Stern, because there are other jocks going back to the 70's who were talking smack like Howard and O&A long before they did it either.

To me, O&A wasn't a copycat of Stern, it was more like taking the idea and making it even more juvenile. Instead of sucking up to women in bikinis, they would invite them under the premise of sucking up to them, and then try to make the girls cry.

The only bit I know O&A stole from Howard was the girl caller sitting on her speakers and cumming from the vibration........ Did she? It was literally in Private Parts, probably right around the time they did it.

Howard got fired once. O&A made a career out of getting fired again and again. Howard was like a terrorist toward Hollywood, whereas O&A was like one big prank on the whole world. Howard was petty, vindictive, and evil. O&A had their own demonic presence, but it was always done in the vein of ROASTING, where you pick someone apart and then at the end you let the audience in on the fact it was just for loffs. But both shows are comedy for people who never take anything seriously.

I also don't think Patti, Diana & Marion, and all the others were intentionally a copycat of the Wack Pack. I think that these were just retarded people who wouldn't go away. Patti was Opie's stlaker, and Di & Marion were Anthony Stalkers. O&A didn't seek out retards to drag with them. It just happened. I heard it all live in NYC. These women were not invited places, they were Stalkers who showed up to every event or meeting, public and private. This is how they met them. They had to talk about these people after meeting them because of how odd they were.

Whereas Howard just recruited a roster of retards that his staff would harass and then payoff a few hundred bucks every few weeks for many years (which made for excellent entertainment) he occasionally showed loyalty to them in a very public way, but Howard abandons people privately. I'm not saying he owes them anything. But he never went to appearances and chilled or spoke with them, he didn't know them. They were products of his corporation in his mind. Assets. LIQUID ASSETS! Fluuuuuid. Let alone let them live at his radio station like O&A did for their retarded stawlker.

I am a Howard listener first and foremost. Only looked for another show after the AGT/Artie exit. O&A sounds like a second rate show. No real cohesion or flow, just winging it. Not because they were great improvisers, but because a lack of effort or willingness. The first hour was news and current events and the rest having a comedian on trying to fill hours. 2 guys in their 50s trying to be antiestablishment just came off as tryhards and edgelordy. Even their wackpackers and freaks were second rate. Bobo and stlaker Patti?

The defunct subreddit and Owen have brought me more laughs than the show itself. In fact, Ron & Fez was a better show.

You're comparing late stage satellite O&A which in Stern years, equates to Stern's current show... O&A on FM had energy and direction, even the FreeFM years were the better of the satellite era. I suggest you [chomp] don't even know what you're talking about [chomp] So I suggest you stop tawking.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
‎
‎
Forum Clout
Of all the people who did all that blow in the 80s, Kinison might have topped them all. He used to do Stern pretty regularly in the late 80s and he was always gakked out of his mind. Remember that whole Sam vs. Dice thing back then? Stern used to egg Kinison on re: that all the time.
Kinison alleged that Dice stole rouintes from him. Others said that Dice lifted from other comics as well. Jackie hated Dice as well and kept ripping on Dice for being jewish and calling him by his real name 'Silverstein'. Part of Dice being on O&A was just like Pat Cooper going on O&A, it was more from their fallout with Howard than actually liking O&A.

satanssockpuppet

‎
‎
Forum Clout
Kinison alleged that Dice stole rouintes from him. Others said that Dice lifted from other comics as well. Jackie hated Dice as well and kept ripping on Dice for being jewish and calling him by his real name 'Silverstein'. Part of Dice being on O&A was just like Pat Cooper going on O&A, it was more from their fallout with Howard than actually liking O&A.
I remember it being pretty vicious for a while, too. If Sam was on Stern, it meant he'd been up doing blow all night. I do specifically remember the Ster/Kinison/Bon Jovi incident, when Sam and Bon Jovi blew off Howard, and Stern went off the deep end. He made up with Sam, but Bon Jovi was on Howie's shit list for years after that. So it was pretty funny when Stern inducted them into the gay RnR HOF.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
‎
‎
Forum Clout
I like you Mr. Lighting, but I don't like how you run out of steam when you're just getting started. Please see a doctor about shortness of breath. We love you.
It happens. Just had to get the show going. :brothaman_sm:
O&A wanted to carry the torch that Stern refused to let go of. They didn't want him to hand it to them anyway. They wanted to beat it out of him. Well, Opie did at least. It's no secret that Anthony the hole always wanted to be Stern's 4th or 5th sidekick.
Anthony played both sides. He would cower at Howie after seeing him and compliment him in the article after his firing, saying Howie fights were all Opies idea. Your first point about passing the torch is spot on
The Greaseman was known as the craziest man on radio before Howard even had his stupid Weird Al Yankovic ripoff when he was Selling The N at WNNNNBC. With the mustache, same glasses, same hair, same fake nasally voice like Weird Al, and even called himself Howeird Stern. Then Howard's voice changed suddenly and he tries to make himself sound like the voice of god.
Howards style change was also very, very strange. I get you have to get with the times but the transition from nerdy jewish fuck to Joey Ramone is insane. Not even mentioning he still looks like that today, with some extra scarfs and hats. His aging and style stopped in the 2000’s, and Ralph should face a fatwa.

Something thats stuck out to me about O&A is that their fashion is laughable. Ron dresses like a hipster mobster with his cigars and scarfs. Howie dresses like a faggot wearing clothes 3x his size with half the buttons done. Opie and Anthony in comparison were complete fucking slobs. The classiest it got was Opie having pooka shells and Anthony wearing 5 11 gear.
O&A felt much more "open" and updated. Howard was a boomer about technology and music, and O&A were noticeably more in tune. The show doesn't always have to be about Howard and his gay life. O&A was more about listening to what would happen when 2 stupid assholes top each other's idiocy.
This is something i was thinking about writing the OP. Part of what makes O&A “better” was because by the time O&A was in it’s prime (post 2000’s), Howard was 20 years into his career. If you compare how the shows transformed from 2004-2014 O&A were obviously on the rise in terms of their fame. 1994-2004 it’s obviously Howard still. The other thing is no one gives a fuck about Howards neurotic boring jew life. And i don’t know how much I agree with the boomer take, because O&A were prime boomers. Their interests stopped at the 90’s and most of their references are the 70’s-80’s. Them being in tune with technology was because the show was on the rise during a major shift in culture that the boys would constantly talk about on air. From 2004-2014 you saw: The iphone come out. Everyone having a computer. The rise of social media. The release of Youtube. Etc. During the timeframe Howard was so big he had teams to post clips on social media and whatever else. O&A were posting clips on social media and attempting to go viral on their own. Because they were still hungry for fame they noticed and used the new technology to their advantage.

Howard was more monetarily successful because he was always Business first. Opie made millionaires out of them in a few short years, but Howard fine tuned what he did, got the right agent who had the perfect mindset for him, commanded his staff like a military, and was able to parlay his jewish connections into better advertising and promotion for decades.
This is something I was thinking about the other day. For how anti-corporate Howard was he always wanted to be “in” and it’s obvious. Opie and Anthony were fine with being millionaires and while they obviously argued for raises during negotiations, they weren’t thinking about being ultra, ultra rich. It was about the fame and audience, and status of being “number one”. This shows in many ways but none more than the behind the scenes atmosphere with O&A. As we all know, everyone on staff was an incompetent slob retard. The Lady Di saga. Fucking with A listers by having Sam and Erock interview them. They did not give a fuck about being in with Hollywood or even the company they worked for, because they knew that the more they fucked around the more entertaining it was. And they were right. Howard interviewing some dumb fuck big celebrity is not as interesting as O&A fucking with them, even if Howard is more “successful” because of it.

The other thing: It is fucking disgusting that Howard has that much money, and i can guarantee you, his staff is being paid like fucking shit. Not just in the 90’s but now. This is a man who pockets 100 million dollar contracts. “Well his employees get paid under that contract.” Maybe. But I can guarantee you when Howie cashed out of his 100$ million dollar stock option for SXM (from the CBS lawsuit) he didn’t give his staff a dime. No one on O&A was being paid either but O&A weren’t hundred-million-aires. Throw the guys who made you what you are a fucking bone, kike.
O&A never would have existed without Howard allowing that style of crude humor to become mainstream accepted. That doesn't mean O&A copied Stern, because there are other jocks going back to the 70's who were talking smack like Howard and O&A long before they did it either.
This is very true. Howard always acted like he invented some shit because he did it first or made it popular. Is getting a stripper in a radio studio some genius idea? If you stick a bat in her pussy instead of a carrot does that justify the intellectual theft? Who even gives a fuck. There are some ideas, like WOW, which if they were copied it would be arguable to say thats pretty ridiculous: It is a promotional concept. When the idea is all about bringing entertainment to your listeners, ie. doing outrageous shit or getting strippers in, who cares that you’re not saying “X did this first”? That doesn’t even get into Howard claiming he invented shit like Unplugged or Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader. Even if he really did the ideas aren’t so revolutionary and specific to Howie that he should be lauded / credited. Anyone who claims O&A ripped off Howie is drinking the kool aid of a retarded radio war, it’s like saying Howie ripped off O&A.
To me, O&A wasn't a copycat of Stern, it was more like taking the idea and making it even more juvenile. Instead of sucking up to women in bikinis, they would invite them under the premise of sucking up to them, and then try to make the girls cry.
100%
The only bit I know O&A stole from Howard was the girl caller sitting on her speakers and cumming from the vibration........ Did she? It was literally in Private Parts, probably right around the time they did it.
Once again, who even fucking cares if they stole that. That’s not some genius idea that no one can touch or should be credited to Howie. And once again, it’s not so specific to Howard that no one besides him could think of doing it. Phone vibrates > We’re a shocking show > Girls use vibrators > Girl uses phone vibrator. It’s such a basic 1 to 1 for any edgy show.

My comment is getting long, so i’ll respond to the rest seperately.

BrotherMan1488

‎
‎
Forum Clout
It happens. Just had to get the show going. :brothaman_sm:

Anthony played both sides. He would cower at Howie after seeing him and compliment him in the article after his firing, saying Howie fights were all Opies idea. Your first point about passing the torch is spot on

Howards style change was also very, very strange. I get you have to get with the times but the transition from nerdy jewish fuck to Joey Ramone is insane. Not even mentioning he still looks like that today, with some extra scarfs and hats. His aging and style stopped in the 2000’s, and Ralph should face a fatwa.

Something thats stuck out to me about O&A is that their fashion is laughable. Ron dresses like a hipster mobster with his cigars and scarfs. Howie dresses like a faggot wearing clothes 3x his size with half the buttons done. Opie and Anthony in comparison were complete fucking slobs. The classiest it got was Opie having pooka shells and Anthony wearing 5 11 gear.

This is something i was thinking about writing the OP. Part of what makes O&A “better” was because by the time O&A was in it’s prime (post 2000’s), Howard was 20 years into his career. If you compare how the shows transformed from 2004-2014 O&A were obviously on the rise in terms of their fame. 1994-2004 it’s obviously Howard still. The other thing is no one gives a fuck about Howards neurotic boring jew life. And i don’t know how much I agree with the boomer take, because O&A were prime boomers. Their interests stopped at the 90’s and most of their references are the 70’s-80’s. Them being in tune with technology was because the show was on the rise during a major shift in culture that the boys would constantly talk about on air. From 2004-2014 you saw: The iphone come out. Everyone having a computer. The rise of social media. The release of Youtube. Etc. During the timeframe Howard was so big he had teams to post clips on social media and whatever else. O&A were posting clips on social media and attempting to go viral on their own. Because they were still hungry for fame they noticed and used the new technology to their advantage.

This is something I was thinking about the other day. For how anti-corporate Howard was he always wanted to be “in” and it’s obvious. Opie and Anthony were fine with being millionaires and while they obviously argued for raises during negotiations, they weren’t thinking about being ultra, ultra rich. It was about the fame and audience, and status of being “number one”. This shows in many ways but none more than the behind the scenes atmosphere with O&A. As we all know, everyone on staff was an incompetent slob retard. The Lady Di saga. Fucking with A listers by having Sam and Erock interview them. They did not give a fuck about being in with Hollywood or even the company they worked for, because they knew that the more they fucked around the more entertaining it was. And they were right. Howard interviewing some dumb fuck big celebrity is not as interesting as O&A fucking with them, even if Howard is more “successful” because of it.

The other thing: It is fucking disgusting that Howard has that much money, and i can guarantee you, his staff is being paid like fucking shit. Not just in the 90’s but now. This is a man who pockets 100 million dollar contracts. “Well his employees get paid under that contract.” Maybe. But I can guarantee you when Howie cashed out of his 100$ million dollar stock option for SXM (from the CBS lawsuit) he didn’t give his staff a dime. No one on O&A was being paid either but O&A weren’t hundred-million-aires. Throw the guys who made you what you are a fucking bone, kike.

This is very true. Howard always acted like he invented some shit because he did it first or made it popular. Is getting a stripper in a radio studio some genius idea? If you stick a bat in her pussy instead of a carrot does that justify the intellectual theft? Who even gives a fuck. There are some ideas, like WOW, which if they were copied it would be arguable to say thats pretty ridiculous: It is a promotional concept. When the idea is all about bringing entertainment to your listeners, ie. doing outrageous shit or getting strippers in, who cares that you’re not saying “X did this first”? That doesn’t even get into Howard claiming he invented shit like Unplugged or Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader. Even if he really did the ideas aren’t so revolutionary and specific to Howie that he should be lauded / credited. Anyone who claims O&A ripped off Howie is drinking the kool aid of a retarded radio war, it’s like saying Howie ripped off O&A.

100%

Once again, who even fucking cares if they stole that. That’s not some genius idea that no one can touch or should be credited to Howie. And once again, it’s not so specific to Howard that no one besides him could think of doing it. Phone vibrates > We’re a shocking show > Girls use vibrators > Girl uses phone vibrator. It’s such a basic 1 to 1 for any edgy show.

My comment is getting long, so i’ll respond to the rest seperately.
Beth aint even that hot, especially for someone with tons a wealth like Howard then to become so lame just to go to Eyes Wide Shut Parties , Child

Sue Lightning

‎
‎
Forum Clout
Howard got fired once. O&A made a career out of getting fired again and again.
Howards entire anti-corporate shtick, to me, was a complete character. He would rail against the FCC and talking about how infamous he was, how much he’s been fired…O&A were fired more. People like fucking Mancow were getting fined by the FCC more. Infamous? Infamous broadcasters were people like Rush Limbaugh. No one gave a fuck that women were popping titties out on Stern, or that he was taking completely fake phone calls about people fucking kids or animals or whatever.
Howard was like a terrorist toward Hollywood, whereas O&A was like one big prank on the whole world. Howard was petty, vindictive, and evil. O&A had their own demonic presence, but it was always done in the vein of ROASTING
Off the air this was more present than anything.

Howard got sued by CBS because they proved that he completely fucked them out of money. Howard signed to Sirius while under his CBS contract. He informed them beforehand he signed, which was all well and good. What he did not tell them was that in his Sirius contract he would get a stock bonus for hitting a subscriber projection, which was specifically barred in his CBS contract. He then spent the next year promoting his Sirius move on CBS which he profited massively from, around one hundred million dollars. Howard then realized he didn’t have any of the master tapes from CBS. When they wouldn’t just give them to him and told him he had to pay, he fucking stole them. I’m not joking. He threatened to destroy the tapes before he gave them back and started a legal proceeding to get them back, and he somehow got away with this. When Stern made the offer to buy his own tapes he offered them $250,000, to which they laughed at. In the end Sirius payed 2 million for the library. It’s not conclusive if Howie lost or won the CBS lawsuit because the judgement turned into a private one against him where it wouldn’t be public record. He could basically say he won with no record to be corrected.

Then once Sirius and XM merged, he sued the fucking company claiming he should be entitled to the bonuses of the XM subscribers merging over. It was dismissed with prejudice and somehow the company throws a birthday party for him.

He fired his entire HowardTV crew on air with no notice before hand.

When Clear Channel was fined 500k from the FCC, they dropped him from six stations in 2004. Howard sued them for 10 million dollars. He asked CBS to cover half of his legal fees and they did. This was at the same time the Sirius deal was going on. Howard was essentially sueing for “damage to reputation” while signing a new fucking deal. So of course he lost the case and CBS was left to foot half of the bill.

How many times did Howard rail on his employees for trying to take paternity leave? Then he turns around and praises Pete Buttegieg for taking paternity leave. The guy is a fucking psychopath jew.

I also don't think Patti, Diana & Marion, and all the others were intentionally a copycat of the Wack Pack. I think that these were just retarded people who wouldn't go away. Patti was Opie's stlaker, and Di & Marion were Anthony Stalkers. O&A didn't seek out retards to drag with them.
This is true. Every one from O&A’s “wack-pack” was completely natural to the show. Fucking Bobo was just sitting in the bleachers one day. There was also no need to set them up with bits or get them fucked up drunk. Some of their funniest moments were just them being them.
Whereas Howard just recruited a roster of retards that his staff would harass and then payoff a few hundred bucks every few weeks for many years (which made for excellent entertainment) he occasionally showed loyalty to them in a very public way, but Howard abandons people privately.
You’re making a very bold assumption that Howard paid these people anything. Some of them maybe but we all know how Howard supports his staff so imagine how he supports the freakshow tards. He thinks he’s doing enough by having them on the show, just like his staff. I’d say the most “loyalty” he showed is praising Beetlejuice and ETM, and renaming Gary and Wendy the retard. Other than that he could give a fuck about these people even publically.
I'm not saying he owes them anything. But he never went to appearances and chilled or spoke with them, he didn't know them.
Once again, look at his employees. Didn’t go to Garys dads funeral. Didn’t go to Ronnies wedding. Name 1000 other events he didn’t go to. Howard is to this day trying to come off like an everyman, pretending he doesn’t have a bowling alley in his house, and it’s insane. He has 0 connection to the real world, his employees, let alone random retards.
They were products of his corporation in his mind. Assets. LIQUID ASSETS! Fluuuuuid. Let alone let them live at his radio station like O&A did for their retarded stawlker.
Refer to comments above. Lets look at two different situations: When Beetlejuice was depressed (because, if i remember correctly, his manager Sean died? not sure.) and threatening to kill himself on the show no one did shit really. When he started crying during the “last one to take your hand off the retard” game no one gave a shit. With Lady Di as much as they mocked her they tried giving her a job. They gave her money. They started go fund me’s and stopped her from getting evicted. Of course all of that went to crack and getting robbed but they at least tried. The wack pack is just another object Howard has thats involved in his radio show. It’s not a real person or thing to him.

Last edited:

Sue Lightning

‎
‎
Forum Clout
Beth aint even that hot, especially for someone with tons a wealth like Howard then to become so lame just to go to Eyes Wide Shut Parties , Child
That’s because Beths looks don’t matter to Howard. She fits the bill of exactly what he’s looking for: Young, thin, blonde, trophy wife who does everything you say and ignores everything you do. She’s a beard for Ralph is what i’m saying.

BrotherMan1488

‎
‎
Forum Clout
That’s because Beths looks don’t matter to Howard. She fits the bill of exactly what he’s looking for: Young, thin, blonde, trophy wife who does everything you say and ignores everything you do. She’s a beard for Ralph is what i’m saying.
DJjQfWyUEAABO2t.jpg

EraGodless

‎
‎
Forum Clout
The most fucked up thing about Kinison is that he was in his early 30's when he blew up as a comedian. He looked old as fuck and it still surprises me that he wasn't even 40 when he died.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
‎
‎
Forum Clout
How about Howard Stern is just not a funny guy? His anecdotes aren't even interesting. I've tried to get into the show via clips from the Artie era and 90s audio, but it does nothing for me. Having said that, if I were of age in the 90s I would've been a fan. I kinda feel similar about Ron & Fez because the pace is too slow and meandering for me.

Maybe a controversial opinion: The best radio was O&A 2009-2011. The Sirius years until Patrice's death. The premise alone is hilarious: everyone on the show openly bashes their bosses, they're not happy about being there, they hate other shows, and they're honest about what a charade the situation is. I re-listened to when they're still physically moving their equipment to Sirius, and straight away they're getting Sam to interview people, "don't you think it's cool that O&A has nine TVs?" It's so obnoxiously funny.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
‎
Forum Clout
I’ve brought this up before and no one seemed to agree with me. You listen to old clips and he has the exact same inflection as Howard.

I mean, I can’t really blame him. He was an admitted Stern fan and it was his first job in radio, so consciously or not he was going to emulate the guy he listened to and thought was a prime example of how to do radio.
Reminds me of this clip.

Patrice saying " did you do you at all that day" had me howling.

Last edited:

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
‎
‎
Forum Clout
I've tried to get into Stern but I just don't find anything about that show funny. I've seen the famous bits and they're all so meh to me, especially compared to OnA.
From the early 90s, even late 80s, up until maybe 2007, there are enough moments to make as many compilations of material as O&A has. The difference is that whenever Stern fans made those compilations, Sirius and Stern would sue them, beyond just the regular copyright strikes. This is why social media is often devoid of Stern content but flourishing with tons of O&A material despite O&A being dead for a decade.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
‎
‎
Forum Clout
And i don’t know how much I agree with the boomer take, because O&A were prime boomers. Their interests stopped at the 90’s and most of their references are the 70’s-80’s. Them being in tune with technology was because the show was on the rise during a major shift in culture that the boys would constantly talk about on air. From 2004-2014 you saw: The iphone come out. Everyone having a computer. The rise of social media. The release of Youtube. Etc. During the timeframe Howard was so big he had teams to post clips on social media and whatever else. O&A were posting clips on social media and attempting to go viral on their own. Because they were still hungry for fame they noticed and used the new technology to their advantage.

O&A weren't boomers, they were more Gen X.... And I wasn't even talking about satellite. If O&A stop updating their firmware in the 90s, Howard's most recent reference would be from the 70s. Howard would regularly talk about the Beatles and the Stones in 2000... Even back then that was dad rock.

But I can guarantee you when Howie cashed out of his 100$ million dollar stock option for SXM (from the CBS lawsuit) he didn’t give his staff a dime.

I mean, I can see if you were talking about a mom & pop local business... But the only reason any of those people have jobs is because Stern was the biggest money-getter in entertainment for a time. Those individuals didn't have the leverage to make a stock deal like that.... Stern did. It was his money. None of them are entitled to it... Yeah, it's ridiculous how much he made on paper and how little they make, but they should be glad they made what they made for doing what they did. Gary Delebate has been with him for like 80 years because he knows his place and he's grateful that he's making a comfortable living. Jackie didn't last because he wanted a "fair" cut of all the money that Howard generated using his own name. He said it all the time, but it's true... "It's the HOWARD STERN Show...." Why shouldn't he make the money? It's his name on the line. Not stupid Will Murray.

Throw the guys who made you what you are a fucking bone, kike.

He did. He threw himself the bone. Was he going to throw it to Fred? Did Fred make Howard? Did Robin make Howard? Or were these people that he recruited and mostly had to convince to be part of his show at one time? I also mostly agree with Howard when he says keeping them employed is throwing them a bone and doing them a favor. Just because Stern convinced a mega company that he's worth a certain dollar amount does not entitle any of his staff to a certain "equal" percentage of that number.

Lol what? That bit was synonymous with Howard as a moment on his show and then as a scene from his movie. That's a very specific bit, not something that you would have heard anywhere else, and if you did, it was because Howard did it. You said that like it was a no-brainer that everyone had already come up with. Yet nobody else did it.

Howard got sued by CBS because they proved that he completely fucked them out of money. Howard signed to Sirius while under his CBS contract. He informed them beforehand he signed, which was all well and good. What he did not tell them was that in his Sirius contract he would get a stock bonus for hitting a subscriber projection, which was specifically barred in his CBS contract. He then spent the next year promoting his Sirius move on CBS which he profited massively from, around one hundred million dollars. Howard then realized he didn’t have any of the master tapes from CBS. When they wouldn’t just give them to him and told him he had to pay, he fucking stole them. I’m not joking. He threatened to destroy the tapes before he gave them back and started a legal proceeding to get them back, and he somehow got away with this. When Stern made the offer to buy his own tapes he offered them $250,000, to which they laughed at. In the end Sirius payed 2 million for the library. It’s not conclusive if Howie lost or won the CBS lawsuit because the judgement turned into a private one against him where it wouldn’t be public record. He could basically say he won with no record to be corrected.

Yeah, so what? What was CBS gonna do with the tape library? It was all a means to an end... He ended up getting his archive back and making someone else pay for it in the process. If anything, he won. And I only ever heard him say he wanted to destroy his archive after he dies, but if he wanted to it back then I have to admire that. Why the fuck would you let your ex-employer control your entire history?

When Clear Channel was fined 500k from the FCC, they dropped him from six stations in 2004. Howard sued them for 10 million dollars. He asked CBS to cover half of his legal fees and they did. This was at the same time the Sirius deal was going on. Howard was essentially sueing for “damage to reputation” while signing a new fucking deal. So of course he lost the case and CBS was left to foot half of the bill.

Again, he got a major corporation to pay his debts.... He won. How is this a point against him?

You’re making a very bold assumption that Howard paid these people anything.

He would hook them up with tickets and other shit all the time, and sometimes just hand them hundreds of dollars from a prize game show or something (Again, getting someone else to foot his bill.)

Once again, look at his employees. Didn’t go to Garys dads funeral. Didn’t go to Ronnies wedding. Name 1000 other events he didn’t go to. Howard is to this day trying to come off like an everyman, pretending he doesn’t have a bowling alley in his house, and it’s insane. He has 0 connection to the real world, his employees, let alone random retards.

Fuck Gary's dad's funeral and that shitty dinner party. Fuck that shit. "You work for me. I don't owe you an appearance at your dad's funeral." What is this shit all about? Are we gonna get angry at Howard for not tipping a pizza delivery guy too?

At times I can see why Howard is a cunt to people. Constantly having people who you gave careers to walking up to you with their hands out. His treatment of Scott the Engineer is one I will say I totally disagree with. Other than that? It's mostly just business decisions that ended up hurting the quality of his show.... It's his prerogative. The way he treated Scott The Engineer's wife is WAY worse than not going to his fucking producer's dad's funeral.

Maybe a controversial opinion: The best radio was O&A 2009-2011. The Sirius years until Patrice's death. The premise alone is hilarious: everyone on the show openly bashes their bosses, they're not happy about being there, they hate other shows, and they're honest about what a charade the situation is.

Nothing about that is exclusive to satellite. They literally ran WNEW and did whatever they wanted. 2009-2011 they were getting turned down for contests and told "NO" whenever they wanted to do a bit. You white niggers need to listen to some pre-satellite years, you will find the show really was better on WNEW and their revisionism from the few times they Jocktobered themselves is just that -- No, they weren't better performers on satellite nor were they more driven, or even more popular. The show was kinda sad. They still had bluster but it was being drained out of them every year with every channel change and studio change.

How about Howard Stern is just not a funny guy? His anecdotes aren't even interesting. I've tried to get into the show via clips from the Artie era and 90s audio, but it does nothing for me.
I've tried to get into Stern but I just don't find anything about that show funny. I've seen the famous bits and they're all so meh to me, especially compared to OnA.

Howard is a totally different vibe.. You can't enjoy his show until you learn to love Howard's autism. Where he would just unload on some minor celebrity or someone who badmouthed him... Or shit talking someone who wronged him to Robin. They would torture celebrities who made negative comments about him publicly. Howard was funny because he beat soft targets into submission and made them fight back, like Billy Crystal "it's not funny... it's not fun..." Isn't it, stupid?

EraGodless

‎
‎
Forum Clout
O&A weren't boomers, they were more Gen X.... And I wasn't even talking about satellite. If O&A stop updating their firmware in the 90s, Howard's most recent reference would be from the 70s. Howard would regularly talk about the Beatles and the Stones in 2000... Even back then that was dad rock.

I mean, I can see if you were talking about a mom & pop local business... But the only reason any of those people have jobs is because Stern was the biggest money-getter in entertainment for a time. Those individuals didn't have the leverage to make a stock deal like that.... Stern did. It was his money. None of them are entitled to it... Yeah, it's ridiculous how much he made on paper and how little they make, but they should be glad they made what they made for doing what they did. Gary Delebate has been with him for like 80 years because he knows his place and he's grateful that he's making a comfortable living. Jackie didn't last because he wanted a "fair" cut of all the money that Howard generated using his own name. He said it all the time, but it's true... "It's the HOWARD STERN Show...." Why shouldn't he make the money? It's his name on the line. Not stupid Will Murray.

He did. He threw himself the bone. Was he going to throw it to Fred? Did Fred make Howard? Did Robin make Howard? Or were these people that he recruited and mostly had to convince to be part of his show at one time? I also mostly agree with Howard when he says keeping them employed is throwing them a bone and doing them a favor. Just because Stern convinced a mega company that he's worth a certain dollar amount does not entitle any of his staff to a certain "equal" percentage of that number.

Lol what? That bit was synonymous with Howard as a moment on his show and then as a scene from his movie. That's a very specific bit, not something that you would have heard anywhere else, and if you did, it was because Howard did it. You said that like it was a no-brainer that everyone had already come up with. Yet nobody else did it.

Yeah, so what? What was CBS gonna do with the tape library? It was all a means to an end... He ended up getting his archive back and making someone else pay for it in the process. If anything, he won. And I only ever heard him say he wanted to destroy his archive after he dies, but if he wanted to it back then I have to admire that. Why the fuck would you let your ex-employer control your entire history?

Again, he got a major corporation to pay his debts.... He won. How is this a point against him?

He would hook them up with tickets and other shit all the time, and sometimes just hand them hundreds of dollars from a prize game show or something (Again, getting someone else to foot his bill.)

Fuck Gary's dad's funeral and that shitty dinner party. Fuck that shit. "You work for me. I don't owe you an appearance at your dad's funeral." What is this shit all about? Are we gonna get angry at Howard for not tipping a pizza delivery guy too?

At times I can see why Howard is a cunt to people. Constantly having people who you gave careers to walking up to you with their hands out. His treatment of Scott the Engineer is one I will say I totally disagree with. Other than that? It's mostly just business decisions that ended up hurting the quality of his show.... It's his prerogative. The way he treated Scott The Engineer's wife is WAY worse than not going to his fucking producer's dad's funeral.

Nothing about that is exclusive to satellite. They literally ran WNEW and did whatever they wanted. 2009-2011 they were getting turned down for contests and told "NO" whenever they wanted to do a bit. You white niggers need to listen to some pre-satellite years, you will find the show really was better on WNEW and their revisionism from the few times they Jocktobered themselves is just that -- No, they weren't better performers on satellite nor were they more driven, or even more popular. The show was kinda sad. They still had bluster but it was being drained out of them every year with every channel change and studio change.

Howard is a totally different vibe.. You can't enjoy his show until you learn to love Howard's autism. Where he would just unload on some minor celebrity or someone who badmouthed him... Or shit talking someone who wronged him to Robin. They would torture celebrities who made negative comments about him publicly. Howard was funny because he beat soft targets into submission and made them fight back, like Billy Crystal "it's not funny... it's not fun..." Isn't it, stupid?
Opie and Anthony are literally Boomers. Words/definitions have meaning. Don't be a Patrick Tomlinson and try to define words as you see fit.