O&A 90 Day Fiance

Stent

they tell me I’m sweet enough
(O&A is short for The Opie & Anthony Show, a popular New York-based radio show on air at the start of the century)

Just three big-shot media guys, and the intern, riffing on how hapless some dorky regular dudes are with women out of their league. Pointing out the grim reality of the future for guys who don't understand what it takes to get and hold onto a young babe. That Russ guy is a bit "mysterious" unlike these masculine puss-hounds!

Norton and Anthony saying that Russ guy was gay because he was good-looking and didn't dress like a slob. Meanwhile, he's got a family with that hot Colombian while Anthony's circling the drain of closeted "heterosexuality" and Norton is literally married to a man.
He's probably just a a shy virgin and not comfortable Infront of cameras thinking it's a set up that she's interested in him.

Stent

they tell me I’m sweet enough
He's been dropping loads on that dumper for a decade now.

90-Day-Fiances-Paola-Mayfield-Says-She-Russ-Mayfield-Planning-Adopt-2nd-Baby.jpg

TorpidSloth

He's been dropping loads on that dumper for a decade now.

90-Day-Fiances-Paola-Mayfield-Says-She-Russ-Mayfield-Planning-Adopt-2nd-Baby.jpg
"HAHA HOLY SHIT! Look at that fucking homo, all groomed and wearing adult clothing" - closeted homosexual and proud pedophile.

"Yeah man, it's a tough one. I wanna slam him but Paola's a friend and I wanna be Johnny-on-the-spot when she inevitably dumps him" - literal homosexual who pretended to be into women on the radio.

Harry Powell

You’re the girl I needed in jr. high
Ive been watching this show with my girlfriend since January. There are all these spinoffs and shit so we are like 11 seasons in and we’re only caught up to 2019. It’s actually pretty interesting how completely delusional and insane some of these people are.

Russ isn’t gay but he’s a classic feminine/“metrosexual” southern man and Paola is a stereotypical South American firecracker. They’re one of the more normal couples and are both fairly likable.

I always tapped out when they did this stuff with reality tv, it’s very gay. I would never watch this stuff ever, it’s for women - why do I want to listen to it because the boys are? They’d get obsessed over it too like gossiping broads.

@BenDovid didn’t anyone ever tell them this was super gay?

You weren't allowed to. I hated all the reality TV, but that was an Opie thing. He was the only one who wanted to talk about it every single day. If you suggested otherwise, Opie would tell you that you don't know radio, he's been doing it since he's 18 and you might want to think about if you want to be here or not. So once you get that one a few times, you just let him do whatever he wants. Sam knew the way to Opie's heart was to flood him with decidedly Opie flavored content, and there you have it.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
You weren't allowed to. I hated all the reality TV, but that was an Opie thing. He was the only one who wanted to talk about it every single day. If you suggested otherwise, Opie would tell you that you don't know radio, he's been doing it since he's 18 and you might want to think about if you want to be here or not. So once you get that one a few times, you just let him do whatever he wants. Sam knew the way to Opie's heart was to flood him with decidedly Opie flavored content, and there you have it.

It was fucking awful. I distinctly remember starting to hate the show when Opie discovered jersey shore and gushed over it non ironically endlessly, like it was this hilarious thing we should all be excited to watch and mock, when it was just gay and boring.

It was fucking awful. I distinctly remember starting to hate the show when Opie discovered jersey shore and gushed over it non ironically endlessly, like it was this hilarious thing we should all be excited to watch and mock, when it was just gay and boring.

Opie's tastes included The View, Oprah, Big Brother, American Idol, Jon & Kate + 8. Opie "didn't have time" to watch anything of substance. Opie also never bothered to watch any of the movies the show would reference on almost a daily basis. King Of Comedy, Goodfellas, Sling Blade, Fargo, Full Metal Jacket, the list goes on and on. You'll never find Opie making a movie ref or tagging on to one. 20 years of "YOUR SON...." and the guy never thought to throw on The Shining when he got home so he can finally get the jokes.

Ive been watching this show with my girlfriend since January. There are all these spinoffs and shit so we are like 11 seasons in and we’re only caught up to 2019. It’s actually pretty interesting how completely delusional and insane some of these people are.

Russ isn’t gay but he’s a classic feminine/“metrosexual” southern man and Paola is a stereotypical South American firecracker. They’re one of the more normal couples and are both fairly likable.
I fell into this during the lockdown/stay home/consume era of American history. I didn't intend to - I'd walk in and my wife would be watching it, but I fell in. It's kinda perfect schadenfreude.

A lot of the Americans are just as you'd expect - either a socially awkward dude who wants a hot (well, sometimes), younger woman that they can import and control, or a north of middle aged woman who wants a younger foreign man... that they can import and control.

And a lot of the foreigners come across as - if not outright scammers - grifters who really just want to come here and be attended to hand and foot (while complaining if their mate has to work to, you know, put ANY roof over their head, much like the palace they want to live in).

(Ukrainians come across very poorly in this. In general, sometimes it feels like the show has an intentional isolationist/America first undercurrent. I.e., saying that it's own premise is built on a bad idea.)

The real wildcards are the normal-looking/seeming Americans who do this, as they have to have a back story. They must either be batshit insane, abusive or something... They're not making it work here for a reason that is seldom shown.

I can count on one hand the actually likable, well-adjusted people that have been on this.

FYI, if you like the formula and the freak show, you can skip the spin-offs (other than The Other Way, as it's the same recipe, in reverse - the rest are true reality garbage), as there is a host of these sad-sacks that have parlayed this into a fucking career.

TL;DR: I'm still half-asleep & having my coffee and I, too, watch gay TV. It's a fun freak show.