No headphones vs headphones at the gym?

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
I never wear headphones anywhere ever, it just feels too weird to me. Like someone else said I need to be fully aware of my surroundings.
And at the gym, its nice to have some eye candy around but its one of the last places Id ever try to start a conversation. Im just trying to get huge, leave me the fuck alone

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
I'm usually quiet at the gym, in my own world with headphones on, but will give a nod to people I've seen before. Eventually you give a "what's up." Then they might ask you to spot 'em on the bench or squat rack. Spotting is probably the gayest thing ever; it only makes sense you'll blow him eventually. Once you blow him, he'll never talk to you again so you're back at square one.

I'm usually quiet at the gym, in my own world with headphones on, but will give a nod to people I've seen before. Eventually you give a "what's up." Then they might ask you to spot 'em on the bench or squat rack. Spotting is probably the gayest thing ever; it only makes sense you'll blow him eventually. Once you blow him, he'll never talk to you again so you're back at square one.
I never spot anyone unless I know the person well, and he is aware I will never blow him. Seriously though, a lot of douchebag gym bros bitch like queens about the random dude they asked to spot during a PR.

G

Any time patposting slows down for a day, we begin to relapse and expose our own Faggotry just to get a taste of good ol pesting. Just like OnA admitting to gay shit for no reason
Yer kiddin hmmmm hrrrrrm. BABY. CHILD.
That’s libel, google it google it.

DAC29843-40A4-4BD1-966C-2063F6A72F83.jpeg

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
I have no idea how anyone can workout with headphones on. I like to be aware of my surroundings with no distractions, or having shit sitting on or in my head.
I saw a fat kid on a bike get hit by a car because he was wearing headphones and it was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen in person.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
I could take or leave the headphones. Usually, if I'm working, I want to know what's going on around me. In the odd event anymore that I work out in a gym, I listen to metal because I'm a boring straight, white, cis male and I need to get angry and stay angry. Regardless of whether I have my headphones on, I don't want anyone acknowledging me while I'm working out. And I'm not like a self conscious slob or anything, I'm in great shape.

It's like if I'm fishing or golfing or something, it's just not something I do to socialize. Like if people do approach me and talk to me, I'll humor them but I'm always thinking like "Seriously? Fuck off, dummy."