No headphones vs headphones at the gym?

G

When going to the gym, I'm always conflicted. Most of the time, I wanna talk and meet new people but I also know that people are in the zone doing their own routine and I'd rather not bother them. Yesterday, when I went to the gym, I was rotating stations -- sweat gleaming off my chest -- when I saw a cute blonde with a group of 2 other people -- a big black guy and another really fit girl. My eyes instantly locked with the blonde though, and she was looking at me for a solid few seconds. My headphones were on, however, and I gave her a sly smile. Now it's got me wondering if I should even go to the gym with headphones or not. I love listening to music when working out, but I also like interacting with other people. Had I not had my headphones on, I probably would've been more forced to say Hi and start a conversation with the blonde, but at the same time, I wouldn't be listening to my music.

What do guys think?

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
oh, you're that nigga

word of advice about the gym- LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE.......
This. I hated those losers that were in the sauna trying to start conversation, take your homo ass out of here.

And definitely bring your own earbuds, the Gold’s I went to played nothing but Chainsmokers and fag bands like that. Who can get a good workout listening to that ?

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
trying to start conversation
I generally try to always default to being polite when it comes to unwanted social interactions. Even though I've espoused my fondness of not being annoyed, I will always be polite to people...

However I would see no reason why a person shouldn't legit yell at someone who does the "hey- take you headphones off for a second" motion, and then tell you how much they like your shirt while you're in between sets

You have every right to cut a promo on that dude

Last edited:

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
Your gym doesn't play music? I've talked to 3 girls ever at my gym and I go well out of my way to not make it weird. Girls are much easier to find than a decent place to work out

I obviously didn't read more than a few words, but the only reason I'd go to a gym is to meet people... I'd need to feel submissive since they're gonna be bigger than me... I'd need to be in the mood for a big-guy to spot me... maybe i could talk endocrine (roids) with him... fair-enough tho', I'm sure you said something sensible

"My eyes instantly locked with the blonde though, and she was looking at me for a solid few seconds."

---Oahcp_400x400.jpg