Nice Network, Stupid

Easily_Remembered

Danny Ross is a thin skinned bitch
If Nana was smart, she would have taken the wealth she had following her firing, hired a broker and simply play the stock market and enjoy a comfortable living in her golden years.

But nah. Nigger Cumia had a bad case of "I'll show you all!", and boy did he. Who would have thought that an alcoholic with a shit work ethic who never wanted to deal with the business side of things such as contracts would be an ill fit to run a media company?

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
If Nana was smart, she would have taken the wealth she had following her firing, hired a broker and simply play the stock market and enjoy a comfortable living in her golden years.

But nah. Nigger Cumia had a bad case of "I'll show you all!", and boy did he. Who would have thought that an alcoholic with a shit work ethic who never wanted to deal with the business side of things such as contracts would be an ill fit to run a media company?

There is a sequence of awful decisions he had to make to fail THIS badly.
- He still had a pretty healthy fanbase during his firing
- Opie hate was pretty flared up for the next 4-5 years
- He started a podcast network just when that was becoming the new normal of entertainment
- He started a conservative anti-woke podcast right after Gamergate and the rise of anti-Trump derangement
- He had access to Gavin and many NY podcast/comic types. Poached the Proud Boys and even the Groypers.

He had the chance to make probably a similar amount of money to OnA, but at the very least a six-figure living. But being lazy and stubborn and cowardly bit him repeatedly.
- Hinged his shit on an archaic payment model
- Didn't go in on Opie until no one cared anymore
- Asked his cop nursemaid to run the network instead of someone with any bit of relevant experience
- Couldn't be assed to do more than the weekly bare minimum
- Wasted tons of money on an obvious cokehead who would inevitably flake
- Took no personal interest in doing anything with the network beyond his own show
- Couldn't try to platform conservative counter-culture in any manner more elegant than screaming about niggers
- Couldn't still his tongue about niggers and doubled down when all his faggot Hollywood/comic friends got squeamish

Dude tried to run his network like how he worked at OnA: show up for a couple hours, do zero prep, rip off the cuff, leave and hope someone else will do all the hard stuff. He's monumentally lucky he got ONE job in his life that worked like that. Greedy faggot thought he could swing that twice. Maybe he could have, if he took Ron's advice and stopped with his 4th rate political circus horseshit and just tried to be funny.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Do you think he regrets hiring and paying Artie and Redbar?
Artie > Redbar and it’s not even close. Redbar was a blip in Compounds history and probably got paid like shit. I still dont know who the fuck he is so he’s certainly not some “get”.

Anthony hired Artie expecting it to be a reinvention of the show that would jump start this “ rise again”. He paid him hundreds of thousands of dollars. And all he did was fucking nod off and bleed all over the studio. Never promoted the show or network. Never brought any new subs or fans. Anthony probably still spits on his floor thinking about hiring that guy.

Easily_Remembered

There is a sequence of awful decisions he had to make to fail THIS badly.
- He still had a pretty healthy fanbase during his firing
- Opie hate was pretty flared up for the next 4-5 years
- He started a podcast network just when that was becoming the new normal of entertainment
- He started a conservative anti-woke podcast right after Gamergate and the rise of anti-Trump derangement
- He had access to Gavin and many NY podcast/comic types. Poached the Proud Boys and even the Groypers.

He had the chance to make probably a similar amount of money to OnA, but at the very least a six-figure living. But being lazy and stubborn and cowardly bit him repeatedly.
- Hinged his shit on an archaic payment model
- Didn't go in on Opie until no one cared anymore
- Asked his cop nursemaid to run the network instead of someone with any bit of relevant experience
- Couldn't be assed to do more than the weekly bare minimum
- Wasted tons of money on an obvious cokehead who would inevitably flake
- Took no personal interest in doing anything with the network beyond his own show
- Couldn't try to platform conservative counter-culture in any manner more elegant than screaming about niggers
- Couldn't still his tongue about niggers and doubled down when all his faggot Hollywood/comic friends got squeamish

Dude tried to run his network like how he worked at OnA: show up for a couple hours, do zero prep, rip off the cuff, leave and hope someone else will do all the hard stuff. He's monumentally lucky he got ONE job in his life that worked like that. Greedy faggot thought he could swing that twice. Maybe he could have, if he took Ron's advice and stopped with his 4th rate political circus horseshit and just tried to be funny.
Him doubling down on nigger hate and pretending to be a "conservative" rather than even attempting to be funny anymore is probably the most egregious. That was his one calling card - being funny.

And he simply didn't want to do it anymore.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Him doubling down on nigger hate and pretending to be a "conservative" rather than even attempting to be funny anymore is probably the most egregious. That was his one calling card - being funny.

And he simply didn't want to do it anymore.
Which is funny because its not like Ant being funny was something he had to sit down and write material for. He was known as the guy who could spit out a pun, movie reference, or impression with “that fucking lightning fast timing man :image_9248:

So theres two things that preclude Nana from being funny. The first is that he just doesnt give a fuck anymore and thinks his “enlightened” political opinions are more important. Second is that even if he WANTED to be funny the dynamic that made him so is gone:

With O&A, Opie would talk and set up the jokes and Ant would come in with a punchline here and there. With Conpound Anthony talks. And doesnt set up anything or make any jokes. Because all he’s good for is being a second banana reacting to things.

Easily_Remembered

Which is funny because its not like Ant being funny was something he had to sit down and write material for. He was known as the guy who could spit out a pun, movie reference, or impression with “that fucking lightning fast timing man :image_9248:

So theres two things that preclude Nana from being funny. The first is that he just doesnt give a fuck anymore and thinks his “enlightened” political opinions are more important. Second is that even if he WANTED to be funny the dynamic that made him so is gone:

With O&A, Opie would talk and set up the jokes and Ant would come in with a punchline here and there. With Conpound Anthony talks. And doesnt set up anything or make any jokes. Because all he’s good for is being a second banana reacting to things.
Exactly. He has no "straight man" to play off of anymore. Lord knows that there's nothing straight about Nana anymore lol.

I was relistening to his "Popeye as Jesus" thing the other day. It's really hard and actually heartbreaking to reconcile the guy who came up with that on the spur of the moment with the Anthony Cumia of today.

should've just done a youtube channel to begin with and tempered his speech instead of the MY SHOW free speech nonsense. little overhead, wouldn't have bled all the money he did for a pointless studio, who knows, maybe he would have even got the sxm job back if he maintained an audience on youtube.

and it might have even been a better show since he'd have had to talk about anything other than niggers

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Meadowlark Lime
Exactly. He has no "straight man" to play off of anymore. Lord knows that there's nothing straight about Nana anymore lol.

I was relistening to his "Popeye as Jesus" thing the other day. It's really hard and actually heartbreaking to reconcile the guy who came up with that on the spur of the moment with the Anthony Cumia of today.
He had Dave Landau and that wasn't much better. It was just two unfunny, boring jerkoffs instead of one.

Jen_Tomlinson

Everyone’s alt
There’s still time although Ron can be a little sensitive sometimes.

IMG_4437.jpeg

The Talking Dead

I'm close to death! Hahahaha hooooooly shit!!
Didn't go in on Opie until no one cared anymore

I agree with your other points but this isn't really true. He put out the first Greggshells episode in early 2015, less than a year after he got canned. In fact I remember being surprised at the time that he did that after so little time had passed since he was fired, especially since Opie did absolutely nothing to provoke it other than not somehow magically being able to get Ant his job back.

Even after he did this though, Opie still let him back on the air for that reunion interview they did and nana still fucking started attacking him again not long after that. Of all the dumb shit he's done in the last decade, just completely tanking his relationship with Opie for a bit of short term benefit is the stupidest imo. They could've easily worked it so Ant could've made more and more appearances on Opie's show, which of course would've been great exposure for his network but nana didn't have the impulse control for that.

Now he's where he is - network fucked, no guests, living in a state he didn't really want to move to, can't drink anymore and is just waiting to die.

Great decision making skills you got, nana (y)

Jen_Tomlinson

Everyone’s alt
I agree with your other points but this isn't really true. He put out the first Greggshells episode in early 2015, less than a year after he got canned. In fact I remember being surprised at the time that he did that after so little time had passed since he was fired, especially since Opie did absolutely nothing to provoke it other than not somehow magically being able to get Ant his job back.

Even after he did this though, Opie still let him back on the air for that reunion interview they did and nana still fucking started attacking him again not long after that. Of all the dumb shit he's done in the last decade, just completely tanking his relationship with Opie for a bit of short term benefit is the stupidest imo. They could've easily worked it so Ant could've made more and more appearances on Opie's show, which of course would've been great exposure for his network but nana didn't have the impulse control for that.

Now he's where he is - network fucked, no guests, living in a state he didn't really want to move to, can't drink anymore and is just waiting to die.

He couldn’t ever just have a fawkin road soda with opie and be good. Nope! Not nana! Let’s air out our grievances on air like the old coon she is.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Redbar was a blip in Compounds history and probably got paid like shit.
Still has to be annoying since Redbar spent so much time trashing him in the years since. When AntH pays one of his people at Cumpound Media, it's money from his pocket. It's not like a Home Depot CEO hiring a new executive or something

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans

Greggshells was a softball. He didn't express any real resentment, just called out that everyone danced around him like a faggot.
It was around the Chip Podcast that he and Jimmy finally started to get vicious.

I agree, he should have played his cards right to have a chance to join Opie's morning streams. OnA show 2024!!!

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Ron can be a little sensitive sometimes.
What a fucking asshole he is to say this. What the fuck was Ron being sensitive about. Rewatch that episode. Colin is freaking the fuck out about black people and fuming pissed at Ron for not engaging with the black crime shit and trying to keep it funny. Anthony was tittering his fingers and on the edge of tears and had to ask Colin to leave, not for Rons sake, but because Anthony was so fucking uncomfortable.

Ah but I remember why Ron was so “sensitive”. Because he couldn’t understand why the show opened talking about tranny kids with Ant convincing him to get angry about it: “I MEAN DONT YOU JUST THINK THIS IS FUCKING WEIRD RON? LIKE THIS IS EVIL!”. Or maybe he’s sensitive because he didn’t want to talk about politics and wanted to have FUN and tell JOKES on a COMEDY SHOW. Or maybe he was sensitive because he had the GALL to not give a fuck about abstract issues like Wilmington, Delaware turning into a Chocolate Hellhole. Or maybe he was sensitive because he had the balls to bring up to Nanas fucking face that his cowardice prevented him from visiting his dying mother for the last 5 years of her life. Or it could be because he brought up to Nanas fucking face that he fucking gave up and isn’t even considered “funny”, let alone “one of the funniest fuckin guys ever”.

Nanas entire life is existing in a perpetual cope to not address his own actions and faggotry. Burr is a coward cuck liberal for not wanting me at the Patrice benefit (because I insulted his wife). Bennington is a sensitive lib for not wanting to talk about trannies and niggers on my show and telling me i’m a washed up clown. Jimmy has no problem with me and is an amazing friend, he’s just not coming on my show because of contractual obligations. Derosa is just a PC cuck lib and definitely not sick of my constant nigger talk.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Greggshells was a softball. He didn't express any real resentment, just called out that everyone danced around him like a faggot.
It was around the Chip Podcast that he and Jimmy finally started to get vicious.
I agree, he should have played his cards right to have a chance to join Opie's morning streams. OnA show 2024!!!
There is legitimately a reality where Anthony grew some fucking balls, talked to the Opster, and they reunited in like 2016. It should never be forgotten the only one who prevented that was retarded Nana. “Duhhh why would anyone wanna do a show with Opie?” Because it was the OPIE AND ANTHONY SHOW and both of them are worthless without the other. Unlike reuniting in 2024 where no one gives a fuck, if they reunited in 2016 those 2 years off would be looked at as a Hiatus ala Sex for Sam 3. The O&A show would still be going today and would have carried the (small amount of) relevance it had in 2014 before the firing.

Anthony is legitimately like one of those retarded band members who gets a big head because all the girls are cheering for him when he plays the guitar. He leaves and puts out a solo album and realizes people only want to hear the band, not fucking him. And any sane person would realize they need to rejoin the band, not forge ahead in absolute delusion thinking the next record will hit it big, all the while fuming about how shitty your lead singer was and how he held you back and never did anything for the band…you know, the band that MADE YOU WHAT YOU WERE.

Greggshells was not some blowing off steam about working with Opie but a true destruction to the brothaman. You don’t do a two hour long show taking calls shitting on the guy and his family because they’re “difficult to work with.” Nana fucking hated Opie and we can all guess why. It had nothing to do with comedy or passive aggressiveness but because Gregg Hughes is an honest to god successful white man with a white family, who didn’t have to get his cock sucked by AIDS riddled faggots and marry his brothers sloppy seconds.