New Rap music you like thread

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
you know- we know that this forum, um,....is what it is........

however, even though this is the "I hate n-words with the Hard R" it doesn't mean we can't have a thread for new hip hop

It's like, i'm very jaded towards Pro wrestling (as I sense most of the 40 year old life long fans who post here are)

However, with that prefaced- I can still appreciate a modern, random Houston indy spot fest .....we don't have to hate everything

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Run the Jewels might be the most white reddit rap on the planet. Nice taste, stupid.
You aren't wrong. None of my friends who are actually into hip hop know who they are. I will say they suck ass live.

Run the Jewels did one of the fastest 180s I've ever seen in music. Their second album was rock solid and helped them build their audience up from underground status, but their third album was completely blase despite (or maybe because) not changing much about their sound. They don't suck per se -- though the indictment about their live performances is completely true -- but they have become one-note and predictable. I made it about halfway through their most recent album before giving up.

In the spirit of the thread, here's a tune I enjoy, though: