My 90 year old grandma passed away today after a horrible 8+ years with dementia.

G

It's a big fear of mine for my mum.

Because she's small and physically and mentally active, from a family that tend to live a long time. So, I'm sure she will go for at least another 10 to 20 stretch. But, a long life is also a lot of years of decline.

So, she's going to lose her hearing, her ability to drive. And, the nightmare is years of dementia when she can't even remember who I am :(

It's a rough one, man. I'd tell you if it wasn't, genuinley.

How young are you that you have grandparents though?? I lost all my grandparents from about 10 to 20 years of age.
I’m 40 (age.) and still have grandma, she’s like 97.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
My grandma had Alzheimer's, it's really a shitty way to go,. She ended up dying of cancer but honestly that was probably better than continuing to deteriorate. And unlike my uncle's mother she wasn't yelling and cursing and remembering sleights from decades ago

Last edited:
Sorry, you did a great thing though. Couldnt have been easy. But it's what separates good from bad people.

My dad has that shit but he abandoned me before I turned 2 so I'm haha holeee shitting. My mother on the other hand is going to be rough. Hope I'm as strong as you. I'll poor one out for you and the old gal. May you get blown before the ceremony.

Sorry for your loss, brotherman. We got the technology to keep her alive through video if you need it
LfWE.gif

Thank you brothamen, for all the warm wishes and kind words. We joke around with this thing of ours but none of you strike me as criminal sociopaths.
I have no idea who you are in real life or if you're a good person but anyone who hates the same people as I do and shitposts regularly about them is a good guy in my book. Having said that I feel really sorry for your loss. I don't know where you live in the world but if by the off chance you live in Levittown, New York I know the perfect thing that can take your mind off things as Rich Vos will be performing this Saturday, 9th of July, at Governors Comedy Club at 7pm, tickets still available.

JoshFromMichigan

I miss Norm
I went through the same thing a few years ago. It's tough watching someone you love die slowly each day, but you're a PFG man for taking care of your family. Stay strong, brotherman.