• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Movies most people think suck that you think are great

Nana Cumia

Forum Clout
I like Tom Green

Stealing_harvard.jpg

Kinderman

I’m not a playa, I just rape a lot
Forum Clout
Kingdom of Heaven I love that movie and the extended version is miles better
I had the blu-ray on my shelf for awhile and had never seen it. Watched it (the extended cut) a few months back and enjoyed the shit out of it. I can see myself watching that one a lot. Edward Norton gives a great performance as Baldwin while wearing a mask the entire time.

Speaking of Ridley Scott, I love Prometheus. There’s definitely some stupid shit in it, but I find it incredibly entertaining for some reason. Also the only movie I ever saw in 3-D that was actually worth it. The only movie in the Alien franchise I’ve seen more than that one is the original. I hated that Covenant reduced the Engineers/Shaw to a throwaway “oh they’re dead actually” bit in favor of the tired formula from the first four.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout
I had the blu-ray on my shelf for awhile and had never seen it. Watched it (the extended cut) a few months back and enjoyed the shit out of it. I can see myself watching that one a lot. Edward Norton gives a great performance as Baldwin while wearing a mask the entire time.

Speaking of Ridley Scott, I love Prometheus. There’s definitely some stupid shit in it, but I find it incredibly entertaining for some reason. Also the only movie I ever saw in 3-D that was actually worth it. The only movie in the Alien franchise I’ve seen more than that one is the original. I hated that Covenant reduced the Engineers/Shaw to a throwaway “oh they’re dead actually” bit in favor of the tired formula from the first four.
I didn't like Prometheus when I first saw it. Then I read a break down of it and the Messiah allegories and I have flipped on it. Agreed, there are some real dumb ass moments in it, like what person thinks a hissing snake is friendly?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
Saw this not too long ago and thought it was a great psychological thriller, but everyone online seems to hate it. My guess it's too slow for a lot of people

1705061888011.png

Kinderman

I’m not a playa, I just rape a lot
Forum Clout
I didn't like Prometheus when I first saw it. Then I read a break down of it and the Messiah allegories and I have flipped on it. Agreed, there are some real dumb ass moments in it, like what person thinks a hissing snake is friendly?
Honestly, the Alien stuff is the weakest part of the movie. I’d have been happy if the sequel dealt entirely with the Engineers.

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
not gonna lie, I laiughed at Clerks 2 more times than I'd be comfortable admitting publicly
The whole poarch monkey scene was hilarious. "My grandma loved jews, she said to be nice to them or they would put the sheeny curse on you. Wait she also refferd to a broken bottle as a nigger knife."

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Forum Clout

It's really cheesy but very well paced 90s comedy that turns into a thriller with Michael J. Fox as the lead before his shit got all fucked up and Peter Jackson before he was a complete hack. The CGI is a lot like Terminator 2 where it sucks but it doesn't matter too much.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
Basketball is PFG.

Clerks 2 seems to go through weird phases of being considered either one of Kevin Smiths best, or one of his worst. I've always really liked it. 3 sucked, though. I don't think Slackers from 2002 is particularly highly regarded, like that a lot too.
Clerks 2 is my favourite Smith film. It never gets brought up in "movies that couldn't get made today" discussions but it's one that actually fits instead of whatever films usually get brought up.

Imagine a scene like this making it into a movie made today.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
Watchmen. Everyone says it's shit and tbf that Snyder fellow is a talentless hack, but honestly it's my favourite superhero film. I could never get into stuff like Batman, but Watchmen drew me in with the rape and male nudity. Apparently fans of the comic all think it is an insult to the original, but i started reading the comic and so far it's frame by frame exactly the same thing and I think the film does the characters justice. Maybe my opinion will change by the time I finish it.
It's only the fans of the comics that enjoy the stupid alan Moore pirate subplot b story that adds nothing to the overall story. Snyder did a solid job, he's a great cinematographer and when he's making someone else's story it's usually good, he's a terrible writer though
Snyder completely misunderstood the source material when he turned the characters into superhumans that could send someone flying with a punch. The point is that they're normal people. Replacing the squid with Manhattan also shows a complete lack of understanding of the ending.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
I loved Slackers and no one remembers it. Cool Ethan is like a more motivated and successful Pat Tomlinson.
Never thought of that but pretty spot on. If pat was more of a try hard he'd be that creepy. Otherwise the movie seems like it's meant to convince stoners they are actually the cool guys in college and not just lazy burners who make weed their whole personality.

The more accurate take on those guys is the stoners from PCU. Which is another one for this thread. I can watch animal house and other college movies and be entertained but none of them are remotely like a real college experience

Forum Clout
Beer League makes me howl the entire movie. I can’t believe Stern couldn’t make it a box office success.

Artie DeVanzo:
Come on let's get this guy! Let's get this punk! He's nothin'! He's a loser! He's an a**hole! A cock sucker! He's a total piece a sh*t!

Dennis Mangenelli:
You shut up fatso!

Artie DeVanzo:
Hey, watch the name-calling!

Forum Clout
Kingdom of Heaven I love that movie and the extended version is miles better
My dad loved that so I recommended the last duel and he was not a fan. Granted KoH has a heroic protag while TLD is basically "Everyone is shitty"
Snyder completely misunderstood the source material when he turned the characters into superhumans that could send someone flying with a punch. The point is that they're normal people. Replacing the squid with Manhattan also shows a complete lack of understanding of the ending.
How? In the book the monster was created by Ozymandias to share Manhattans power signature so people thought he was a threat. In the movie they just replaced a big monster with explosions caused by the generators Manhattan helped create for the same reason. Both ways it was to unify the world against a shared threat to create peace