Movies about guys struggling to come up with a story idea for a book/movie Hate Thread

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
I'm kind of a Kaufman faggot, to be fair. I can fully understand why someone wouldn't like it. Synecdoche mostly left me baffled after the first watch, but it stuck in my head. The 2nd and 3rd time around, I loved it. It's loaded with so many little details that it's basically impossible to catch them all the first time around. Anomalisa was dull as fuck, I barely remember it at all. I'm Thinking Of Ending Things was great up until it wasn't. I thought the third act was atrocious.
Pretty much agree with you about those movies. Did you read Antkind? It had a similar "was great up until it wasn't" deal with it. Went from being my favorite book of the past few years to a fucking nightmare slog in a matter of pages.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
This one's pretty good too, it's a hacky concept but it spawned a few decent ones.

Nice hate thread, numbnuts

This was one of the actual better horror movies of the last decade for the first 2/3rds. Very creepy atmosphere and that lawnmower scene almost made me shit myself. It's a shame it all goes down the shittier in the 3rd act and almost ruins the entire movie.

medium wyzzz

It's the most hacky thing ever and once you notice it you can't unnotice it: the screenwriter sat down and was like "story idea... story idea... hmm, maybe I could write about THAT! There was once a man who needed a story idea."

Makes me sick. A great example (of a movie I actually like) is World's Greatest Dad. But that part makes me fucking cringe.
that's autisticly specific, iibh.