Military service should be mandatory?

Military service should be mandatory

• Total voters

EraGodless

Everyone I know who saw any action is now a broken, wife beating alcoholic. My one uncle actually doesn't beat his wife, but he can't walk on grass because the stress of landmines fucked his brain up. He's married to my dad's craziest sister and honestly, a punch in the head might do her some good.
My brother has seen some shit and has served since 1993 (active since 2001). He's actually more well adjusted now than when he was in his 20's and basically getting paid to bar b q and jump out of planes on weekends. Before 2001, he drank like a fish. He's a fucking teetotaller now and has been one for the past 15 years-- and he doesn't fuck around with drugs (it would completely fuck up his security clearance).

Some people are just really good at compartmentalizing shit and they can function with no issues even after witnessing or being the victim of severe trauma.

The couple of guys I know who served and saw combat (both in Afghanistan) once they get a couple of drinks in them will freely admit they didn't join up to "protect Queen and country" or help out Afghans, they did it because they're action junkies who like to fight and wanted to shoot people. One of them is screwed up and a drunk barely holding it together and the other's fine - married, kids, runs his own business. He's the one I'd be more worried about.
The ones I know mostly come from parts of the country like the west country or the coast where outside of seasonal summer work there wasn't many jobs. That's it.

G

The ones I know mostly come from parts of the country like the west country or the coast where outside of seasonal summer work there wasn't many jobs. That's it.
Yeah, I'd guess the majority just need a job or want to get away from home and don't have many options. Then you've got some who it's a family calling/tradition (often officers.) Then there are the psychos. The "true believers" who want to serve their country are probably the smallest demographic, in the UK at least.

Snake

The couple of guys I know who served and saw combat (both in Afghanistan) once they get a couple of drinks in them will freely admit they didn't join up to "protect Queen and country" or help out Afghans, they did it because they're action junkies who like to fight and wanted to shoot people. One of them is screwed up and a drunk barely holding it together and the other's fine - married, kids, runs his own business. He's the one I'd be more worried about.
Co worker of mine has a son that joined a decade ago for “Afghan blood.” Dumb faggot. When he was on leave, he shot up some drug dealer’s house because his friend OD’d. He even went back and hung around outside and got arrested. I’m pretty sure he was dishonorably discharged.

I can see value in making it mandatory as you can acquire valuable trade skills very young, but anyone risking their neck for Rothschild bank is a fucking retard.

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
No government is, or has ever, or will be worth fighting for. Wars are between governments and not people. The vast majority of wars are started through small instances that could be amicably resolved. Instead, governments get involved and now it’s between countries. It’s really that simple.

Last edited:
P

potatopeeler63

The only time this country was worth fighting for was the Indian wars. Imagine dying fighting the Sioux or Comanche so a hundred years later that land could be turned into a trailer park full of overweight, unemployed fentanyl addicts.

[MEDIA=youtube]DCSRU69nPus:697[/MEDIA]