• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Military service should be mandatory?

Military service should be mandatory

• Total voters
How about this, it should be mandatory to re-join for three years every time you bring up your past service in social media.

20220209_130827.jpg

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
I live in a army town. I have friends who fought in Afghanistan and Iraq. They are fucking idiots. They achieved fuck all. I did more good for the country sat back in the pub.
Everyone I know who saw any action is now a broken, wife beating alcoholic. My one uncle actually doesn't beat his wife, but he can't walk on grass because the stress of landmines fucked his brain up. He's married to my dad's craziest sister and honestly, a punch in the head might do her some good.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
In times of full blown war, yes. Other than that, its bullshit. My grandpop was a minor league baseball player in the 50s trying to get into the bigs, and he got drafted into the peacetime army and was robbed of his prime playing years. I wouldve been livid
So did MMA fighter Korean Zombie, used to do flashy moves and fight for championship title but now all he does is getting KOed by young punks and getting injuries

Anyway I can't imagine still getting bullied will into adulthood so it's a no for me dawg

P

potatopeeler63

Ah yes, put all the impressionable teens in their prime years through a rigid jewish brainwashing program after the ten years of prussian obedience training they got in public schools

every vet i know that wasn’t an officer is the biggest dickhead around

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I live in a army town. I have friends who fought in Afghanistan and Iraq. They are fucking idiots. They achieved fuck all. I did more good for the country sat back in the pub.
The couple of guys I know who served and saw combat (both in Afghanistan) once they get a couple of drinks in them will freely admit they didn't join up to "protect Queen and country" or help out Afghans, they did it because they're action junkies who like to fight and wanted to shoot people. One of them is screwed up and a drunk barely holding it together and the other's fine - married, kids, runs his own business. He's the one I'd be more worried about.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
The only time this country was worth fighting for was the Indian wars. Imagine dying fighting the Sioux or Comanche so a hundred years later that land could be turned into a trailer park full of overweight, unemployed fentanyl addicts.

G

With the possible exception of elements of the Wehrmacht in WW2, blanket conscription has never worked out very well for the standards of the armed forces that implemented it. And military "national service" is usually a joke for most. It was put to an end in the UK at the request of military high command. The conscripts were almost always total fuck ups.