Metallica on Stern playing songs with Miley Cyrus

Tbf, they look like they're dying a slow death and realized they completely sold out. There's a lot of occult symbolism in Until It Sleeps-- they sold their souls. This is part of the "deal."

Also, Miley Cyrus's voice is so fucking off-putting.
Their current revisionist rap is that they never actually "sold out" at all, but simply grew as artists to a point where they felt they needed to express themselves and so forth, which is bullshit, as "Black" was obviously engineered to move as many units and sell as many tickets as possible. At the time a lot of older fans didn't even mind, as it was common knowledge that they'd been royally fucked over via bad deals and label bullshit thus they weren't really savaged for blatantly cashing in. That came when "Load" dropped, with the faggy haircuts and jizz-drenched album cover and shitty songs. Trying to become Creed was just too much.

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Their current revisionist rap is that they never actually "sold out" at all, but simply grew as artists to a point where they felt they needed to express themselves and so forth, which is bullshit, as "Black" was obviously engineered to move as many units and sell as many tickets as possible. At the time a lot of older fans didn't even mind, as it was common knowledge that they'd been royally fucked over via bad deals and label bullshit thus they weren't really savaged for blatantly cashing in. That came when "Load" dropped, with the faggy haircuts and jizz-drenched album cover and shitty songs. Trying to become Creed was just too much.
I agree with this. I'd add that the real trinity of Metallica is Lightning, Puppets and Justice... people argue whether it's the first four or the first five that are great, but as a thrash fan I still prefer Black over Kill 'Em All; it's not a bad album, but it's too simplistic and straightforward for where they were headed, and Black is just composed better.

Their last album is what should have been written back in 1995 or whenever, not Load and Reload.

I agree with this. I'd add that the real trinity of Metallica is Lightning, Puppets and Justice... people argue whether it's the first four or the first five that are great, but as a thrash fan I still prefer Black over Kill 'Em All; it's not a bad album, but it's too simplistic and straightforward for where they were headed, and Black is just composed better.

Their last album is what should have been written back in 1995 or whenever, not Load and Reload.
The first four records (and "$5.98") are unimpeachable IMO. The general feeling when "Black" was released was OK, they've earned the opportunity to make bank so let them have their day. It was still heavy enough to not fully alienate the original fans and they still delivered the goods live. For my money their Woodstock '94 set marked the end of "good" Metallica. Just look at what they've released since "Black". You had the "Load" records, one of which was basically outtakes. Then they did a covers album, that gay orchestra thing, "St Anger", "Death Magnetic", that Lou Reed piece of shit and "Hardwired". That's some seriously sagging output over a twenty-five year span. You'd be hard-pressed to put together even one halfway decent album using everything they've done since 1991.

Fortified Wine

Sweet liquor eases the pain
I like Load and Reloads hits better than most 80s shit...it bores me.

Miley I've got no problem with. I won't watch this, but she did well at the Chris Cornell thing a few years back and at least tries to get rock music some attention in between making out with chicks in her videos.

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
You had the "Load" records, one of which was basically outtakes. Then they did a covers album, that gay orchestra thing, "St Anger", "Death Magnetic", that Lou Reed piece of shit and "Hardwired". That's some seriously sagging output over a twenty-five year span. You'd be hard-pressed to put together even one halfway decent album using everything they've done since 1991.
In their defense, not everything they put out after Black is terrible if you don't take into consideration what they did before it. In other words, if a new band came along and put out Load, Reload, Garage Inc, Hardwired, people would be like "hey these guys are good". Reload in particular shits on so much other stuff from around that time.