Mel Gibson Appreciation Thread

Mel Gibson

Saint
1638815864687.jpg
1638815259982.jpg

G

Watched Ransom again the other day for the first time in years. What a great fucking movie. Mel on top form, Sinise and Lili Taylor are brilliant and Rene Russo was a smokeshow back in the 90s. Always have to remind myself that Ron Howard directed it. So much ballsier than most of his films.

CuntFucker

#1 Poster
jobless crackheads simp for a cringe celebrity they think they are, but Mr. Gibson doesn't spend 15 hours a day stalking someone on twitter and posting on here!!!!

Asuka

Anime is for Faggots
jobless crackheads simp for a cringe celebrity they think they are, but Mr. Gibson doesn't spend 15 hours a day stalking someone on twitter and posting on here!!!!
You're literally SEETHING everyone has seen through your Jim Norton facade that you get pussy and do drugs. Nice dog dick, stupid.

How many times can this faggot say goodbye, and come right back?

G

I probably watch Signs and Payback like once a year. Same with Apocalypto. And Mad Max isn't Mad Max without Mel. Fury Road's a decent enough reboot of the series, but I prefer any of the 3 Mel originals.

Only Mel film I can think of off the top of my head that I am not a fan of is Lethal Weapon 4.
What? Signs is one of the most retarded movies ever made. Aliens that are allergic to water, hanging around on a plant that is 70% covered in water and has water vapor in the air everywhere.

Easily_Remembered

It's not REALLY Ray Wilson
What? Signs is one of the most retarded movies ever made. Aliens that are allergic to water, hanging around on a plant that is 70% covered in water and has water vapor in the air everywhere.
Lol I don't worry about that. If you apply reality metrics to every movie, then you'll never be able to lose yourself in a movie again. I am not trying to diminish your opinion or anything - I get where you're coming from. But personally I just overlook that, and enjoy Mel's performance, which really elevates an otherwise unremarkable script.

The scene where Mel confronts M Knight as the shitter of streets who is responsible for Mel's wife's death is especially powerful. The street shitter apologizes, and Mel struggles to keep it together as he accepts the apology. In a lesser actor's hands, this could have been schmaltzy and overperformed, but Mel plays it just right so that it's convincing, understated, and a gut punch.

It is odd how many of Mel's movies had him coping with or avenging a dead wife / family. I guess being such a devoted Catholic, that these sorts of themes really spoke to his id. I dunno.

Also, I don't care what anyone else says, I really loved The Beaver as well.