Mafia movie hate thread

G

WWAW Corky Romano?

1649477325259.jpeg

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
I dunno if Once Upon A Time In America is considered a mafia or movie or not, but what an overwrought, boring pile of shit that movie is.
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's terrible, but even for the time it came out it didn't really do anything that hadn't already been done better in other gangster films before it. I do agree it had no reason to be almost 4 fucking hours. It has some real boring stretches to it.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
If you want to see a real god awful Mafia movie, watch this one. So fucking boring and cheap looking for a Hollywood film. The action stinks, Ryan Gosling is terrible, and Sean Penn is overacting as fuck.

The one set piece with the movie theater that actually looked kind of cool didn't even make in into the final cut of the film because of the James Holmes shooting.

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
I dunno if Once Upon A Time In America is considered a mafia or movie or not, but what an overwrought, boring pile of shit that movie is.
It’s not fantastic. Sergio Leone is still one of the greats though. Once Upon a Time in the West was his best and OUATI America was his attempt at trying to top himself before he died. Like other filmmakers (Scorsese) he just lost that fire in the belly once he got past a certain age

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
That movie is incredible it’s almost all Robert dinero opiate induced fantasy as he’s waiting to be murdered after accidentally killing his jew friends.
It just wasn’t my speed at all. I found it tedious and the characters completely unlikeable and uninteresting. Whether or not that was the point, it made for a remarkably dull movie for me.

CumiaPoodle

Brazil sent me a wife with a dick ☺️
It just wasn’t my speed at all. I found it tedious and the characters completely unlikeable and uninteresting. Whether or not that was the point, it made for a remarkably dull movie for me.
I felt like that the first time I watched it. The second time I really enjoyed it.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
I liked Donnie Brasco because it highlighted what lowlives mobsters are. Al Pacino's character is a heavy hitter with years in the mob, but he has to keep borrowing money from Depp's character and later he's banging on a broken parking meter to steal the quarters.
I read the book it was based on and Pistone basically describes liking the guy in a way but finding him tiring to be around. Basically all Lefty had and all he wanted to talk about ever, was the life. It was always about what the next scam was going to be. But Sonny Black on the other hand he felt like he could have a normal conversation with about sports, politics, history, whatever. Mike francese praised Pacino's performance saying he really captured Lefty well, basically as a kind of a sad guy. He was basically in the life for his whole life and he had really nothing to show for it.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I read the book it was based on and Pistone basically describes liking the guy in a way but finding him tiring to be around. Basically all Lefty had and all he wanted to talk about ever, was the life. It was always about what the next scam was going to be. But Sonny Black on the other hand he felt like he could have a normal conversation with about sports, politics, history, whatever. Mike francese praised Pacino's performance saying he really captured Lefty well, basically as a kind of a sad guy. He was basically in the life for his whole life and he had really nothing to show for it.
Sopranos and Goodfellas are the same way. Show you that most of these guys live alone or divorced. Are completely broke. Have tempers like infants. And are barely educated enough to do anything useful.

Pistone saw the same things that Henry Hill did. That these guys would make $1 and gamble $2. Lose it. Then have to rush to the next scam to pay off the bookies or have enough for their families. Henry Hill said that around Christmas guys would have to take extra jobs because they never saved anything for presents for their families. So they would scramble for last minute robberies and truck hijackings in later December to cover their Christmas shopping.

The mafia family that Pistone infiltrated was hit by the FBI after the Brasco operation. But then the FBI left them alone for an entire decade afterwards thinking that the family would just die off. But they ended up being the most powerful family so that entire Donnie Brasco ordeal was a total disaster. The FBI also nearly got Pistone killed multiple times when agents would talk to him in public, show up at his house, and reuse a boat from the ABSCAM stings that the mafia chartered for a day under Donnie Brasco's name.

EraGodless

Sopranos and Goodfellas are the same way. Show you that most of these guys live alone or divorced. Are completely broke. Have tempers like infants. And are barely educated enough to do anything useful.

Pistone saw the same things that Henry Hill did. That these guys would make $1 and gamble $2. Lose it. Then have to rush to the next scam to pay off the bookies or have enough for their families. Henry Hill said that around Christmas guys would have to take extra jobs because they never saved anything for presents for their families. So they would scramble for last minute robberies and truck hijackings in later December to cover their Christmas shopping.

The mafia family that Pistone infiltrated was hit by the FBI after the Brasco operation. But then the FBI left them alone for an entire decade afterwards thinking that the family would just die off. But they ended up being the most powerful family so that entire Donnie Brasco ordeal was a total disaster. The FBI also nearly got Pistone killed multiple times when agents would talk to him in public, show up at his house, and reuse a boat from the ABSCAM stings that the mafia chartered for a day under Donnie Brasco's name.
One nit: the Bonnano's were not very powerful. They lost their seat on the commission, which allowed their boss/street boss to avoid the Commission Trial in 85-86.