LOL

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
It was licensed by Comedy Central after the theater run and is on both DVD and Blu Ray. I wonder if it made anything at all from that.
No chance. The producers were Stern fans who put up the biggest shares of the money. And some of the actors and actresses got paid a small flat rate. Tina Fey herself was paid $500 for a cameo....but had to sign up for SAG and their medical insurance which cost her over $1,000 so she lost money overall. Most people probably lost money on it. Artie could make ten times more doing a big standup gig in one night than working a few years on just Beer League.

There was a huge fight one time between Artie and various people. Because they wanted to change the name of the film to "Artie Lange's Beer League" when it became apparent that the movie sucked and would bomb. So Artie could be the face and name of this failure and abortion. And they could use his name to at least market the film and make a little more money back from duping Stern fans. And Artie was a junkie who didn't want to market the film but just get it over with and go back to Stern and standup comedy. Because he knew that the film was a train wreck. So at least if Artie was high on drugs they could still get his name out there in the title if he was 'too sick' to do press tours.

But Artie had his name put in small font on the posters and repeatedly called it just "Beer League" whenever he mentioned it on Stern. Technically the name of the film is not "Beer League" it is "Artie Lange's Beer League". I would bet that the actual copyright uses the full time as well even if places like IMDB use the shorter name. And everyone on Stern just called it the short name. The produces probably had the idea from "Howard Stern's Private Parts" instead of just "Private Parts". Another bomb.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Maybe you were a Stern or Artie fan and have some bias. But Beer League is one of the biggest pieces of shit ever made. I remember everyone ripping on it back when it was released (if you could even find it). When Sal and others began attacking Beer League is was a massive catharsis across the entire Stern universe.
I watched it recently and enjoyed it, tbchwy. I also go into a movie like that not expecting a masterpiece and just hoping for a few chuckles and a run time not exceeding 100 mins.

The weird part is Artie actually looked good during it, so that's wild about the heroin rumors. Although, i guess not... at a place I used to work this obese guy started losing weight and people were complimenting his new healthy looks, but it turns out he had just started a crack habit

HeyItsVos

Cara Buono being so fawkin' pretty and playing the artie character's love interest took me out of it a bit tbchwy, but it's all good
Her being a slut that’ll fuck anyone was a good enough explanation for me.

I like Beer League well enough. It’s more just a collection of one-liners with a story loosely written around them. It makes me laugh when I watch it and that’s all that matters.