Listened to “On the Road” audiobook on YouTube

G

Kerouac was a faggot, literally and figuratively. 1950s America has to be a contender for the greatest time to have been a white man in human history. Instead of enjoying an unparalleled economic boom, banging cone-titted women and being able to be openly racist the French-Canadian queer found everything a drag, maaaan.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Kerouac was a faggot, literally and figuratively. 1950s America has to be a contender for the greatest time to have been a white man in human history. Instead of enjoying an unparalleled economic boom, banging cone-titted women and being able to be openly racist the French-Canadian queer found everything a drag, maaaan.
You’re probably right. Did England have any characters like that in the 50s? Or were they all too busy being closet poofs with awful food and matronly women?

G

Respect your analysis of Kerouac
Don't, I don't know much about him. Read On the Road when I was 15 or so. Got nothing out of it, was maybe too young. Tried reading the Subterraneans and Pic and couldn't get through them.
Have you read any Hunter S Tomlinson?
Just the Rum Diary and Fear and Loathing. Both very funny and enjoyable reads.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Don't, I don't know much about him. Read On the Road when I was 15 or so. Got nothing out of it, was maybe too young. Tried reading the Subterraneans and Pic and couldn't get through them.

Just the Rum Diary and Fear and Loathing. Both very funny and enjoyable reads.
04C24085-A0DF-4F09-BBCB-F2D78CD9B50B.jpeg