• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Lawtuber now covering Pats lawsuit LIVE

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
I've never been on a jury but why does everyone try to get out of it outside the inconvenience? If you ever get tied up for some shit you didn't do and your life hangs in the balance, don't you want competent people deciding your fate?

You can’t be judged by a competent group of your peers anymore, most blacks can’t read at an eighth grade level and most Americans in general can’t understand simple algebra or name two continents.

Forum Clout
I bet in reality there’s loads of jurors who decide on absolutely retard mode shit, like women who get “bad vibes” from someone or astrology or fat grandiose men like Patrick who make it political for no reason and then loads of people who just go along with the consensus and cave to the loudest person.
Some woman brought a Ouija board to a deliberation so they could consult the victim and ask who did it.

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
Forum Clout
I went in a david Icke t shirt and just kept talking about jury nullification and being an advocate for it and generally acting like a retard and I was sent home pretty much straight away.

WW2e3J-dW87-or5BbqFNdafTs4W-neK_qILujq7fUkw.jpg

Yeah 99.999 (5 nines)% of the time that's what will happened. I was just giving a pedantic and unnecessary caveat. In the rare event the judge is having a bad day, doesn't like your face, etc. Then playing dumb but advocating nullification in a roundabout way is safer.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Yeah 99.999 (5 nines)% of the time that's what will happened. I was just giving a pedantic and unnecessary caveat. In the rare event the judge is having a bad day, doesn't like your face, etc. Then playing dumb but advocating nullification in a roundabout way is safer.

they must deal with it all the time, and I can see why sometimes they’d say “I know what you’re doing fuck you” and cal your bluff, in which case it’s wiser to present as a retard who believes he’s invented nullification himself

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Idk jury duty seems fun. Still haven’t been called for it yet though. It also seems like the selection process is so meticulous you dont need to act like a retard to get dismissed. I can only speak on what other people have told me but let’s say you get called for a case about a car accident. Depending on how specific they want to get just knowing somebody who’s been in a car accident could make you biased and thus exempt from serving. And how many people who get picked for the jury get set up with some OJ case where they’re gone for two years?

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Forum Clout
Idk jury duty seems fun. Still haven’t been called for it yet though. It also seems like the selection process is so meticulous you dont need to act like a retard to get dismissed. I can only speak on what other people have told me but let’s say you get called for a case about a car accident. Depending on how specific they want to get just knowing somebody who’s been in a car accident could make you biased and thus exempt from serving. And how many people who get picked for the jury get set up with some OJ case where they’re gone for two years?
You never know. Both of the cases I was on I should absolutely have been DQ’d from due to bias but the retard lawyers didn’t ask the right questions.

Caverlock

Nice For Here
Forum Clout
I got drawn and selected. It sucked for several reasons, but mainly because I live in Bumfuck, Appalachia and the round trip was over an hour every time.

The only funny part was that the soon-to-retire judge would tell women how attractive they were in front of everyone, and reference earlier outfits they had worn that he thought they looked hot in. He also plainly told us all that every single defendant we will see is guilty, especially if they cry.

Prison Enjoyer

Forum Clout
I got drawn and selected. It sucked for several reasons, but mainly because I live in Bumfuck, Appalachia and the round trip was over an hour every time.

The only funny part was that the soon-to-retire judge would tell women how attractive they were in front of everyone, and reference earlier outfits they had worn that he thought they looked hot in. He also plainly told us all that every single defendant we will see is guilty, especially if they cry.
BASED. Sounds like Sosnay.

HomeRunCumia

Forum Clout
Why do retards always ask how to get out of jury duty? You don't have to go on a muchael Richard's rant. In fact, that can get actually get you in trouble. Even if you just say you're racist etc... if the judge isn't taking any shit that day you'll probably fold unda questioning....

sure you can just yell about nullification, but instead you state you won't follow the law and pretend you don't know how nullification works.

Just say that if the law says that one witness is enough to establish a fact, for example, say you disagree. And that's when the nullification dialectic will begin.

The judge, or prosecutor will say something like "the law states X, you must follow the law". say you disagree and if instructed by the court you will not be able to follow it if you disagree Under any circumstances. They will push a bit saying you have to follow the law. They will even lie in a certain way as you don't have to follow the law as a juror (in most states). But they likely won't ever actually say you can be punished for that becuase that is a direct lie.

They will try to trip you up and shift goalposts saying "if you don't find them credible then you can dismiss their testimony". All you need to do is repeat, no matter how credible I find them witness testimony can never establish a fact. It doesn't matter how many witnesses there are and if the law states it can then I will not follow the law.

Dismissed every time.
My Dad got out of jury duty once by simply saying what he actually believed. That he would never vote guilty on someone for a crime if they had an accomplice who was getting off, or getting a lighter sentence, for testifying against them.

Forum Clout
I would do it because I'm salaried so whatever. But definitely prefer criminal over retards in civil court