• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Kurt Cobain is Opie's hero

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.
Kurt Cobain was such a moron that he thought Butch Vig's mix of SLTS was better than the original release mixed by Andy Wallace.

It sounds like something that was recorded in a half-hovel. There's no power, no urgency; unlike Wallace's anthemic mix, which makes you want to get up and punch your dad in the face.

Opie's just keeping it real with the kids from 20 years ago.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Kurt Cobain was such a moron that he thought Butch Vig's mix of SLTS was better than the original release mixed by Andy Wallace.

It sounds like something that was recorded in a half-hovel. There's no power, no urgency; unlike Wallace's anthemic mix, which makes you want to get up and punch your dad in the face.

Opie's just keeping it real with the kids from 20 years ago.

There's a dozen live Nirvana albums on Spotify because Courtney Love and Dave Grohl are whores. Aside from Unplugged, they all sound like shit because no one is there to engineer it. Just like O&A, you need a producer to steer the ship.

Bull Burr has mentioned this was his reaction when Nevermind came out.

I like he points out Kurt's shitty solos were just the melody run through an effects peddle.

Seth Putnam was my hero. Anal Cunt was just misunderstood, that's all.

sethputnam.jpg

Opie is 4 years older than Kurt
Nice fucking up the whole premise of your post, stupid. He was born four years after the Opester.

To be fair, I think (hope) the Opester was lying and just trying to be fawkin' relatable on the air. You try talkin into a fawkin' microphone for four hours a day and see if you tell a white lie or two :brothaman_sm:
That's what I meant. Opie was born 4 years before Kurt. Not fixing it cause I don't fawkin want to.

G

I like that Kurt never wanted to be a sellout and let people use the rights to Nirvana for shitty commercials but Courtney needed more heroin money so she did exactly what he begged her not to.

Screenshot_20230123-101952-916.png

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.
There's a dozen live Nirvana albums on Spotify because Courtney Love and Dave Grohl are whores. Aside from Unplugged, they all sound like shit because no one is there to engineer it. Just like O&A, you need a producer to steer the ship.

Unplugged truly is their best album lol. I didn't realise why I liked it so much until I read your post.

The probably I have with Cobain's idea of Nirvana is that, despite praising John Lennon as one of his favourite songwriters, he thought of his music as Punk instead of Rock. Bands like the Circle Jerks, Black Flag, and Bad Brains can get away with that shitty DIY punk production because their songs were generally short, loud, and relentless. Their live shows were all about chaos and noise too, so their studio albums needed to reflect that sense of danger and the "underground". Nirvana had way more of a poppy verse/chorus/verse/chorus structure to their songs than their fans like to let on, even before Nevermind (i.e. About a Girl from Bleach. And of course they took the quiet verse/loud chorus dynamic from the Pixies and applied it to their sound, giving it a real vibrant accessibility to your average Tomlinson.

Nirvana were always a bigtime mainstream arena rock band, like Guns N' Roses. I appreciate Kurt wanting to go for a more abstract sound with In Utero, and the songs somewhat reflect that, but should've accepted that he knows dick about music production. He wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

1675960060314.png