Just picked up a MIDI controller

2Shirts1Egg2

Not 1 egg, why would you bring up eggs, you queer?
FL studio for rap beats and learning DAWS, Ableton for more diverse music and in the middle learning wise, Protools is the final step once you’ve learned everything
I'd say you'd be able to achieve all styles on either. The main reason ableton is better is for plugging in midi controllers and synths with minimal hassle so I'd go with that if it's just a fuck around on a MIDI. On FL Studio it's a whole fuckin' thing to set up that I couldn't even remember.

I'd recommend FL for people to make studio beats into tunes because you could make something relatively professional sounding with just the software you're given and the interface is easier to just draw/copypaste and automate things. Ableton can lead you to autodraw a bunch of automation lines you don't want it to simply because you turned a knob whilst fucking around and now you gotta undo all that and redo all the shit you don't want to change.

I've seen ProTools used a few times and honestly there isn't a thing it can do that you couldn't pirate a bunch of plugins for either FL or Ableton to achieve. If you're in a permanent studio space I could understand having it.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
I'd say you'd be able to achieve all styles on either. The main reason ableton is better is for plugging in midi controllers and synths with minimal hassle so I'd go with that if it's just a fuck around on a MIDI. On FL Studio it's a whole fuckin' thing to set up that I couldn't even remember.

I'd recommend FL for people to make studio beats into tunes because you could make something relatively professional sounding with just the software you're given and the interface is easier to just draw/copypaste and automate things. Ableton can lead you to autodraw a bunch of automation lines you don't want it to simply because you turned a knob whilst fucking around and now you gotta undo all that and redo all the shit you don't want to change.

I've seen ProTools used a few times and honestly there isn't a thing it can do that you couldn't pirate a bunch of plugins for either FL or Ableton to achieve. If you're in a permanent studio space I could understand having it.
Yeah of course they can all do the same things, it’s just that one is better for each because of what you described. Ableton is good for MIDI controllers because you don’t need to set up a bunch of shit to get them working. Protools is good for if you dont want to download a bunch of plugins, etc

2Shirts1Egg2

Yeah of course they can all do the same things, it’s just that one is better for each because of what you described. Ableton is good for MIDI controllers because you don’t need to set up a bunch of shit to get them working. Protools is good for if you dont want to download a bunch of plugins, etc
IDK man hip-hop producers aren't exactly a thing round my bit so I'm fucked if I know, i only ever made house music. I have 2 projects all time that aren't and they're both Anthony Cumia related. 1 was actually an attempt at rap with a "Where the guck is MY GUN! FUCK!" sample but it sucked. I can't do slowed down shit. Maybe when he dies I'll finish one

I guess for modern stuff on FL you can manipulate basslines way easier because drawing automation for LFOs is piss easy compared to hooking a moog or whatever up and recording til you hit what you want so it makes sense.

FeedNanaOgura

I'm the Sexiest.
IDK man hip-hop producers aren't exactly a thing round my bit so I'm fucked if I know, i only ever made house music. I have 2 projects all time that aren't and they're both Anthony Cumia related. 1 was actually an attempt at rap with a "Where the guck is MY GUN! FUCK!" sample but it sucked. I can't do slowed down shit. Maybe when he dies I'll finish one
I've never produced music but I've thought about building music around samples from the Anthony and Dani show before.
In my limited imagination its a great quote mine for things you could drop into an early eurobeat or old school techno song.
"Where the fuck is MY GUN! FUCK!"
"YEEEEEAH!" :image_4764:
"This is NOT GOOD." :image_9253:

Coonskin

Don't thank the felon, Keith

I guess for modern stuff on FL you can manipulate basslines way easier because drawing automation for LFOs is piss easy compared to hooking a moog or whatever up and recording til you hit what you want so it makes sense.
If you are using Ableton changing your audio track from Beats to Complex Pro will make the sample sound a lot smoother when slowed down

2Shirts1Egg2

If you are using Ableton changing your audio track from Beats to Complex Pro will make the sample sound a lot smoother when slowed down
lol I meant slowed down as in producing the whole tune at 90 bpm for hip hop as opposed to house music that's way faster. I've no doubt what you're saying is true though. I could always make a house or techno track sound professional as fuck whether folk liked it or not but when I turned my hand to anything else, especially slower music, it just sounded off.