• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Jimmy's performance in The Irishman was fucking terrible

Leonard Rhomberg

Who are you gonna replace me with?
Forum Clout
1691503648703.jpeg

this fucking winter is endless

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Now how many hours did they rip on Vos’ Lenny Bruce impression? And Vos sat there saying he was so good and they all said you’re playing yourself…
Wow it’s as bad as you described it. He doesn’t even try lol.
Vos as Lenny Bruce is the same horrific acting style as Jimmy. They both use their real voices. They are doing material from the comic they are trying to impersonate but sound like they are reading from a script. The mannerisms are all stilted, one because they are trying not to forget their lines, two because they can't move out of shot from the camera. Both scenes feature them interacting with the audience so that they have less dialog. Both scenes feature them using some type of prop or body comedy. Norton is acting out a circumcision. And Vos is holding a prop cigarette to sell him as Lenny Bruce. Both scenes are entirely forgettable and lead to no other work. The hair and makeup are zero effort as well. Vos looks like Vos with a cigarette. Norton looks like Norton in an XXXL suit and jacket and a bad wig.

Scorsese was probably like fine! Your scene stays, but I’m not signing your fucking photo!
How someone so terrible in front of the camera continues to get opportunities will never make sense.
Norton has enough connections in show business to get a leg up on smaller actors. Like if a small actor or theater actor is up for the same part Norton is. Norton can run through his list of TV shows, HBO shows and specials, cameos, movie roles, and now can use Scorsese on his resume. He even has his own Sirius radio show where he is billed on top. Yeah it doesn't sound like much. But for a bit part actor he has a slight advantage.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
And the thing is is that Jim is perfect to play the part of Rickles…physically. But he’s such a fucking bad actor. He can’t even change his inflection or tone in the slightest to mimic Rickles delivery. He is LITERALLY just Jim telling Dons jokes.

He's so awful because if you watch the scene muted, his physical performance is actually good. The facial expressions and body language are there. All he had to do was mimic Rickles' voice in the early 60s to some degree and he could've been a shining point of an otherwise mediocre movie but Jimmy just couldn't give a fuck. Just a reference point for what Rickles is supposed to sound like in the era Jimmy is supposed to be playing him...

Too much effort for Jimmy though. "I've already been cast in a Scorsese movie so I've made it! Why should I try?!"

Lazy worm fuck. I hate him.