• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Jim Norton doesn't get a lot of hate here. That's good.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Gilbert always got prominent work though, didn't he? His voice alone was iconic; he had something other than dirty jokes. Jim has Chip.

Gilbert was able to transcend into VO work for kids shows on PBS. Norton is still with Sam Roberts.

CuckQueen

On the Joe Cumia retirement plan.
Gilbert the voice actor was somehow separated from Gilbert the dirty comic. He would talk about nigger cloogie on the stern show and then worked for Disney for a straight decade
This seems like a common trope when you actually hit it big and have a family. You want your kids/grandkids/whatever to enjoy what you're in. It usually comes with a payday/and or being on something actually morally good, like teaching kids. Gilbert was in Cyberchase on PBS with Christopher Lloyd. I guarantee they weren't doing it for exposure or money. It's nice for your kids and adds to your prestige. Same reason Carlin did Thomas the Tank Engine and all kinds of famous fags have done Sesame Street. Jim, with neither family nor prestige, gets nothing.

DieNortonDie

This seems like a common trope when you actually hit it big and have a family. You want your kids/grandkids/whatever to enjoy what you're in. It usually comes with a payday/and or being on something actually morally good, like teaching kids. Gilbert was in Cyberchase on PBS with Christopher Lloyd. I guarantee they weren't doing it for exposure or money. It's nice for your kids and adds to your prestige. Same reason Carlin did Thomas the Tank Engine and all kinds of famous fags have done Sesame Street. Jim, with neither family nor prestige, gets nothing.
Gilbert was doing kids stuff long before his first kid was born. I think he knew he had a marketable voice for cartoon work. He did voice work for 20 years before his jokes got him in trouble with Aflac. Idk how he did it. He said nigger more than anyone on Stern and laughed at stories of children dying. He just somehow never got shit for it.

DieNortonDie

I hate the disrespectful way he dismissed Pat as an old fashioned out of touch codger for letting him know how disgusting and degenerate his act was.
That pissed me off too. Norton always pretended he knew better than everyone. His act never evolved. Pat Cooper is a legend who worked in comedy for 50+ years. Jim was working clubs that Cooper would turn down and shit talk

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Gilbert the voice actor was somehow separated from Gilbert the dirty comic. He would talk about nigger cloogie on the stern show and then worked for Disney for a straight decade
That's what I'm saying, though: he brought something to the table other than "look how filthy I am". Pat could talk dirty too, but he had a personality that transcended everything. Jim still sounds like a novice who coasts off of piss and clit jokes, but his real self is "yeah, man, I don't have an opinion... tsk... it's a rough one, man."

G

Does anybody remember that time yimmie farted during the show?
Lmao I couldn’t believe it. It’s like you turn on the radio and expect to just hear a normal kind of radio show but then Jimmy would fart and it would smell really bad lol.

CuckQueen

Does anybody remember that time yimmie farted during the show?
Lmao I couldn’t believe it. It’s like you turn on the radio and expect to just hear a normal kind of radio show but then Jimmy would fart and it would smell really bad lol.
Truly though, the funniest thing that could ever happen on the show is Jimmy doing that, Opie just saying. "That's fucking disgusting. Get out." Jimmy trying to laugh and then being told, "I'm dead fucking serious, Kenny, get him out." "Sure thing, GH."

CuckQueen

Don't forget Jim was also paying an agent, manager, and road handler to do a room with +200 people.

Like between babysitting Jim, bodyguarding with O&A, his police pension, and his PI stuff on the side, Kenny was probably making more than Jim in those days.
Sam, rightfully, gets a ton of hate for being so childish and coddled. Jim is that turned up to max. It's only slightly easier to ignore it in Jim, because unlike Sam he doesn't have any hobbies but autograph hunting. Jim still fucking listens to KISS. He has a small collection of films he saw as a teen that are all his references. Sure, Sam called 911 to get a tire changed, but has Jim even driven himself since he called 911 to chase a "stolen" bus? Sam was coddled, but willing to sacrifice for whatever shithead reason, like not getting a bigger TV like a nigger, or paying for first class. Jim would try to start twitter feuds with airlines if babyboy didn't get a perfectly fluffed pillow or whatever the fuck he was demanding. No drinking section? Sam was a mommy's boy, but he left the house when you're supposed to. Jim leeched off his aging parents.

Carol's Stink Blaster

Poot poot poot poot
Sam, rightfully, gets a ton of hate for being so childish and coddled. Jim is that turned up to max. It's only slightly easier to ignore it in Jim, because unlike Sam he doesn't have any hobbies but autograph hunting. Jim still fucking listens to KISS. He has a small collection of films he saw as a teen that are all his references. Sure, Sam called 911 to get a tire changed, but has Jim even driven himself since he called 911 to chase a "stolen" bus? Sam was coddled, but willing to sacrifice for whatever shithead reason, like not getting a bigger TV like a nigger, or paying for first class. Jim would try to start twitter feuds with airlines if babyboy didn't get a perfectly fluffed pillow or whatever the fuck he was demanding. No drinking section? Sam was a mommy's boy, but he left the house when you're supposed to. Jim leeched off his aging parents.
It's only now that I understand how Jim was so fast to make references, his pool of things to draw references from is miniscule. Most of the time he kept his mouth shut and gave 1 good line per hour.

Jim was legitimately funny and had career momentum in 05-07 but thought the HBO backing was all he would need and quit doing the road.

His act became stale, he became bitter and most of all lazy. Becoming a Leno comic despite almost no overlap with his target demo was the final nail. But, hey, they flew him first class out to LA.