I've watched Starship Troopers 4 times this week

G

I like RLM but hate when they release a video on some obscure movie like Freddy Got Fingered and people think you only watched it because of them.

Yeah... actually their retrospective on FGF is one of my favorites because I loved that movie when I was 15 because it's a movie for 15 year olds, but then they make it out to be some avant garde work of staggering creative genius. I don't know if I buy that, but the notion that Tom Green used the film as a vehicle to waste $10M of the studio's money on a helicopter will always make me laugh.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I
Yeah... actually their retrospective on FGF is one of my favorites because I loved that movie when I was 15 because it's a movie for 15 year olds, but then they make it out to be some avant garde work of staggering creative genius. I don't know if I buy that, but the notion that Tom Green used the film as a vehicle to waste $10M of the studio's money on a helicopter will always make me laugh.
I'm just glad it's finally getting the love it deserves.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
As far as directors go, he's probably the only worthwhile Dutch one, except for van Warmerdam. He watch pretty good too. Dutch cinema is mostly atrocious.
I agree, cinema over here is atrocious, horrible over the top acting, just dreadful.

That's why Rutger Hauer is such a phenomenon to me, he's the only dutch actor who had the balls and talent to leave this place and make something of himself overseas, a remarkable guy.

I've never watched it. Does the "fingered" part mean someone flipped him off or actually stuck a finger up his ass Paul Weimer style?