I’ve sold tens of thousands of books, child.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
E49-AE89-B-ACBD-4-A0-C-8-D06-693-DBE19-BEB4.jpg

SensibleKeks

I tracked the sales figures on Amazon for In the Black a month before and after its release. He only sold about 254 copies. 48 paperback, 198 ebooks and 8 audiobooks. He also claimed 200 pre order sales. Based on that information, the total sales figures comes to about $5,659.46. From that subtract Amazon's cut, publishing costs, author's advance, and other fees/costs.

Most of the "verified purchases" on Amazon are from people Pat knows like Paul Weimer or paid reviewers whose review history only shows Pig's book read.

If you look at his book at other online stores like Walmart and Barnes&Noble, you'll see that there's no reviews on there. It's fair to say that his books aren't selling at all on those sites.

I believe there are two things you can conclude: Pat wasn't resigned by his publisher and he is very fat.

G

No wonder guys from every studio are lining up trying to get the option on this sure-fire blockbuster.
You're in the industry, so quick question. If his books niche and decent, what are the odds anybody would look at them for a movie? As it is their niche and terrible, so is this screenplay shit a total lie, or some lie by technicality like he reached a person with it and their blow off was, yea looks good we'll get back to you?

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
You're in the industry, so quick question. If his books niche and decent, what are the odds anybody would look at them for a movie? As it is their niche and terrible, so is this screenplay shit a total lie, or some lie by technicality like he reached a person with it and their blow off was, yea looks good we'll get back to you?
The way I see it is, to start with, to film any of his books properly would cost a fortune. He has no name recognition and the book hasn’t left any mark where even most of the target audience would know what it is. Even if it was really good it would be a 1/1,000,000 shot to get made in this era.

There’s a reason so many unknown screenwriters seem to write horror movies. They’re cheap and if the idea is even remotely interesting they can usually turn a profit on a small outlay. That would be my advice to anyone looking to break in with a spec script. The idea you’d get an epic sci-fi movie made as a nobody With no experience and a spec script in this era is ridiculous.

If someone is honestly claiming they’re a producer shopping it around then I suspect they’re either a nobody looking to break into the business who optioned it for pennies or they’re a grifter who probably charged Pig for the pleasure. His screenplay contest talk is telling because anyone can enter those. They can lead to getting a deal but usually it would be in TV in a writers room on a show that already exists. Not getting your passion project financed.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
The way I see it is, to start with, to film any of his books properly would cost a fortune. He has no name recognition and the book hasn’t left any mark where even most of the target audience would know what it is. Even if it was really good it would be a 1/1,000,000 shot to get made in this era.

There’s a reason so many unknown screenwriters seem to write horror movies. They’re cheap and if the idea is even remotely interesting they can usually turn a profit on a small outlay. That would be my advice to anyone looking to break in with a spec script. The idea you’d get an epic sci-fi movie made as a nobody With no experience and a spec script in this era is ridiculous.

If someone is honestly claiming they’re a producer shopping it around then I suspect they’re either a nobody looking to break into the business who optioned it for pennies or they’re a grifter who probably charged Pig for the pleasure. His screenplay contest talk is telling because anyone can enter those. They can lead to getting a deal but usually it would be in TV in a writers room on a show that already exists. Not getting your passion project financed.
The Horror movie route is the easiest way to get something made since horror movies are always made for cheap and have a built in audience. Some of the biggest horror movies were made for well under a million and can get by not using big name stars. Piggy’s shit would need at least a half decent budget for the effects but fat chance (tee-hee) getting anyone to look at a script based on a book that didn’t sell or has an audience.

Patty could sell more of his tripe if he would only behave instead of being a "political firebrand" and attacking every person he comes into contact with. People might give his books a chance if he was even somewhat likable.

Ya know, like Patty says: ya catch more flies with honey baked ham.
last week i looked up a couple of others who were at the top from some random mil-sci-comedy category. they had around 2,500 amazon reviews and :drumroll: no twitter footprint at all.

it makes no sense to get drunk and act belligerent online if you are trying to sell anything. im old school so i know that conversations around politics, and religion are bad for business.

the worst part is pat doesnt even grift the right way. krassensteins and scott dworkin are the scum of the earth and thats who pat wants to be. but hes so dumb he added a step of buying a book between the process of just taking a dummies money.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Patty could sell more of his tripe if he would only behave instead of being a "political firebrand" and attacking every person he comes into contact with. People might give his books a chance if he was even somewhat likable.

Ya know, like Patty says: ya catch more flies with honey baked ham.
What’s funny is Pat probably could have been much more successful if he just focused on nerd/geek related tweets and actually interacted positively with others. Many would have felt compelled to support him and buy his awful books just because they had positive interactions with him since he’s spent his life on twitter for the last couple years. But Pat being Pat of course he ruined his own career by being a miserable cunt online.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
I tracked the sales figures on Amazon for In the Black a month before and after its release. He only sold about 254 copies. 48 paperback, 198 ebooks and 8 audiobooks. He also claimed 200 pre order sales. Based on that information, the total sales figures comes to about $5,659.46. From that subtract Amazon's cut, publishing costs, author's advance, and other fees/costs.

Most of the "verified purchases" on Amazon are from people Pat knows like Paul Weimer or paid reviewers whose review history only shows Pig's book read.

If you look at his book at other online stores like Walmart and Barnes&Noble, you'll see that there's no reviews on there. It's fair to say that his books aren't selling at all on those sites.

I believe there are two things you can conclude: Pat wasn't resigned by his publisher and he is very fat.
Probably killed Bernell, too.